045

You Got Me

 

 

 

Sehun crossed his arms as he watched Jinyoung being escorted out of the building, the men in dark suits who were walking with him looked gruff and annoyed.

“You’ll see! She’s lying! Both of them are!” Jinyoung announced, the other people in the lobby gave him odd stares.

“They’re just pretending! It’s probably a business deal!”

“They never met in Bali! It’s all just a setup, I have proof!”

“Business deal?” Sehun shook his head, from across him he saw Minhyuk, observing as Jinyoung yelled more crap. The other was smiling as he was finally out of the premises, Jinyoung’s car was brought around and the guards make sure that he was already driving off before they left the doors.

“No one’s going to believe him after what just occurred.” Minhyuk spoke as he walked towards him, Sehun nodded back.

“I don’t think he’d ever have the guts to even come near her again. Unless,”

“He wants to die?” Minhyuk stated as they made their way towards the elevator.

“Back there, the only thing keeping him away from a hospital bed was Chaeyeon stopping your cousin, huh?” Sehun mused, Minhyuk chuckled and nodded.

“Probably.”

“I need to check on with Chaeyeon’s PR team to make sure none of tonight’s events leak out. Tell her I’ll see her at home.” Sehun said, Minhyuk nodded back and got inside the elevator. Sehun looked around, he saw his manager speaking with one of Chaeyeon’s staff, he was about to join the two men when he noticed a familiar figure standing amongst the crowd.

“Joori?” Sehun murmured, the girl was smirking to herself, she turned towards the doors and left.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon’s fingers curled around the plastic bag as she stepped out of the doors, her eyes went to Shownu. He was still seated on the same bench, but now he was checking his phone.

“Did the bleeding stop?” She said as she sat down across him, he nodded back and watched as she emptied the bag.

“As much as I’d love to tell you that you shouldn’t get into fights,” She murmured as she started cleaning the wound with an antiseptic wipe, she could feel Shownu’s eyes on her face and she flinched.

“It was..kind of entertaining to watch. I didn’t know you had The Hulk in you.” She said as she grabbed the ointment, Shownu let out a small smile.

“I’m sorry you had to see that. It’s just…Jinyoung has a way with words and I didn’t like how he was treating you like that.”

Chaeyeon wordlessly nodded and put a band aid over the cut, she finally looked up to meet his gaze.

“It’s fine, maybe he deserves to be tossed against a wall. He’s been super annoying.” She trailed off, she pressed her lips together, suddenly feeling a little awkward.

“You’re not mad that..I did that to him?” Shownu carefully asked, Chaeyeon blinked and shook her head.

“Why would I be? It..was pretty hot.” She stated, Shownu’s brows rose up, still confused. The girl sighed and she leaned over to cup both of his cheeks.

“Please stop being all intense and serious, I don’t know how to respond to it.” She pleaded, Shownu let out a chuckle and pulled the girl to his chest.

“I’m glad you’re okay.” He said, Chaeyeon nodded before pressing her cheek against the front of his shirt.

“But,” She spoke as she pulled away from him.

“The party has ended, the guests have left. And, I just realized,”

“What?” Shownu as he pushed her hair away from her face.

“I didn’t get to eat anything. I saw Wonho oppa enjoying his steak while you were toying around with idea of ending Jinyoung’s life. And what did I get? Just water.” She complained, Shownu chuckled and nodded.

“How about we invite everyone for late dinner? My place.”

“That sounds great.” She replied, Shownu stood up and fixed his shirt.

“I’ll wait downstairs.” He said to her, Chaeyeon nodded back and then he leaned down to kiss the side of her cheek, the girl paused. But he scrunched his nose at her and left.

Chaeyeon heard the doors close and let out a gasp.

“I…How do I deal with that? How do I deal with him?”

 

 

 

Joori was smiling as she got inside the car, she nodded for the driver to move. The girl leaned back on the seat and took out her phone.

“Not so perfect after all, Oh Chaeyeon.” She mused as she waited for her mother to pick up.

“Joori, dear, it’s a little late.” Her mother murmured, but Joori was smiling.

“Eomma, you’ll never guess what I just heard.”

“Hmm, what do you mean?”

“Chaeyeon unnie and her Samsung boy.”

“Even my other sisters have nothing to say about him already, your grandmother likes him and she approves of him. I get her, an only son of a very powerful family, Joori. You should think about whether staying with Yugyeom will be good for you too.” Her mother continued, Joori flinched but she didn’t let it deter her.

“Eomma, stop praising her. Those two..unnie is lying.”

“What?”

“It finally makes sense. I really could never understand how she met him in Bali, Chaeyeon unnie almost never took vacations. And she suddenly brings this guy in and claims they met in another country.”

“Joori, what are you trying to say?”

“Look at her Instagram page, not even a single post of her trip to Bali with Minhyuk oppa. They always do that, look at Minhyuk oppa’s page too, he hasn’t been to Bali in years.”

“Are you saying that Chaeyeon’s lying to us?”

“I’m saying that they’re fake. And, she’s probably just using that Samsung boy to get halmeoni’s favor again.”

“Are you sure?”

“If you don’t believe me, ask her ex-boyfriend. Park Jinyoung..he knows everything.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon was muttering under her breath as the elevator went down, Shownu glanced at her and smiled. The girl wanted to go home, yes. But she was also aware that she needed to face the reporters downstairs, the release of both her men’s’ line was a huge success and everybody wanted to hear a few words from her.

And it was clear, that she wasn’t in the mood for social niceties.

“It’s only a short interview, president.” Secretary Yang said softly, her boss made a face at her and she grew amused.

“And to think I assumed I finally get a break.” She said, the doors opened and secretary Yang stepped out first, Chaeyeon took off Shownu’s jacket and returned it to him.

“You’re not cold?” He asked as they stepped out of the elevator, and the cameras went crazy, Chaeyeon rolled her eyes at him.

“I don’t want to do it.” She whined as she turned back again, Shownu paused as the girl wrapped her arms around his waist and sighed. Secretary Yang glanced at him, he puffed his cheeks before tucking the girl under his chin.

“Just a few sentences, Chaeyeon-ah.” He softly said as he patted her back, he paused realizing that the girl’s dress was a backless one. He put his hand down, secretary Yang smiled to herself.

“You do it.” She grumbled as she buried her face into his chest, Shownu smiled and kissed the top of her head.

“You can do it. It probably won’t take long. Do you need me to stay beside you for the interview?”

Chaeyeon pulled back from him and glanced at the crowd again.

“It’s fine, I’ll meet you outside.” She said as she fixed her hair, Shownu studied the reporters waiting for her.

“The guards are just around, if something comes up, they’ll know what to do.”

“I know, Wonho oppa assigned two to me.” She mumbled under her breath, Chaeyeon sighed again.

“Do you really feel uncomfortable doing that?” Shownu asked, the girl shook her head.

“No, I just..in the back of my head, I’m just worried that they’ve found out what happened upstairs and what kind of things…Jinyoung was blurting out. But, don’t worry, it’s fine. I can handle it, I think.” She prattled on, Shownu nodded and laced her fingers with his.

“They don’t know, and they won’t ever find out.” He reassured her, the girl let go of him.

“I’ll meet you outside, no more tossing people around.”

Shownu laughed and nodded, Chaeyeon was about to turn away from him but he tugged her back.

“Hey, don’t worry. You got me.” He said before leaning over to tuck a lock of her hair behind ear. Chaeyeon watched as he exited though the hotel’s back doors and she pursed her lips.

“Exactly, and I think I’m getting used to it.” She softly said before facing the reporters with a measured smile.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++