010

You Got Me


 

“Not bad, huh?” Chaeyeon walked over to Minhyuk and the guys, they were moving around the display that showcased all the pieces from her new line.

“I like this one. Can I have this one?” Minhyuk was pointing to a particular trench coat that was in a nice deep burgundy color.

“I have one for you, I sent it over to your house this morning.” Chaeyeon mused, Wonho nudged her.

“Did you like the food, oppa? You said you were hungry.” She was smiling as the male made her hook arms with him.

“I enjoyed lunch, headache. I didn’t know you really are into clothes. When can I go for my fitting?” He said excitedly as they moved along, Shownu glanced around them, noticing how some guests had their eyes on Chaeyeon.

“Actually, I took the liberty of putting some pieces together for everyone, since I do the same thing for Minhyuk almost every year. So, I have a set for you and Shownu.” She continued, she glanced back at the other male.

“Can you two come by my office next week? Or I can bring them over to the shop.” She offered, Wonho was about to reply when his phone started to ring. He took the device out and he grimaced.

“I have to take this, now, here,” Wonho pulled Shownu and made Chaeyeon hook arms with him instead.

“Make sure no one makes my headache cry.” He said jokingly before moving away from them, Chaeyeon shook her head.

“You have reporters over, that’s new, Yeon.” Minhyuk commented, Chaeyeon puffed her cheeks.

“Well, it’s my PR team's idea. I wasn’t totally sold on it,” She shrugged, Shown’s brows rose.

“They were taking photos.” He commented, Chaeyeon gave his arm a small squeeze.

“It’s fine, photos of the clothes have been released this morning.”

“And your relatives are here too.” He said softly.

“I know right, hyung, the media plus Chaeyeon’s team of not so nosey relatives, what could go wrong?” Minhyuk snorted, Chaeyeon smiled and slapped his arm.

“They’ll hear you.”

“They should.”

Shownu couldn’t help but laugh, and then the girl let go of him.

“I know you’ll bail me out if anything happens anyway, right? Even if you have to come up with something crazy again.”

“I see that he is forgiven.” Shownu said, he chewed on his lip eyeing how the girl’s sleeve had become slightly folded inward to her shoulder.

“Come on, I am the best gift to her.” Minhyuk replied and batted her eyes at the girl. Shownu reached out to fix the sleeve of her dress as Chaeyeon snorted back at her friend.

“Both a blessing and a curse. But more of the latter.”

“Come on, they did kind of shut up when I gave you an impressive boyfriend.”

“They did not!”

The two continued to argue, and Shownu could see Chaeyeon’s secretary trying to wave her boss over. Some reporters were wanting to talk to her.

“Even Joori apologized and it looks like she~”

“Minhyuk-ah, shut your trap. Let her do her work.” Shownu stated, Minhyuk pursed his lips. Chaeyeon stuck her tongue out at him before hopping away from the two cousins.

“Grow up.” Shownu said to him, Minhyuk scoffed.

“And now you take her side. Nice.”

 

 

 

“Reporter Moon, reporter Eom, thank you for taking the time to join us today.” Chaeyeon said as she reached the two. Both of them worked for popular lifestyle magazines that are being published all around Asia. Also, Chaeyeon was made aware that reporter Moon had a knack for creating rumors and blind item articles.

“I remember years back, you announced that you were leaving your family’s company to start your own, and you had people doubt you. But now, wow, young miss.”

“Don’t call me that. It really has been quite a journey, reporter Eom.”

“So, tell us about your new line, what was the inspiration behind all this? You’ve been having all these successes with women’s wear, accessories and even shoes. Is this because you just wanted to experiment or…is there a new someone in your life that made you think of starting a men’s line?”

Chaeyeon let out a laugh, she was about to reply when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“Oh my, reporter Moon, how could you guess that right away?”

Chaeyeon’s eyes widened as her aunt shared laughs with the two reporters before her.

“So, there is a new someone,” He said jovially as he took out his iPad and started tapping on the screen. Chaeyeon looked around the room, her forehead creasing. Her other aunt and Joori joined their group, the latter looked confused.

“What someone, eomma?”

“Reporter Moon here was spot on when he asked your cousin about her inspiration for releasing a men’s line.”

Chaeyeon chewed on the insides of her lips as she realized that Minhyuk had left the hall.

“Ah, really.” Joori said carefully, she looked at her cousin, worried.

“So, who is it, Chaeyoeon-ssi, is he here?” Reporter Eom said happily, Chaeyeon her lips.

“Actually, he….he’s quite busy.”

“Come on, Chaeyeon-ah. You always say he’s busy or not around.”

“It’s true, he’s a busy person.” Chaeyeon said, her fists curled tightly, the two reporters were all looking at her expecting answers, while her aunts were expecting her to slip.

“Does this boyfriend of yours really exist, dear? You can’t be just making him up, right? Because, that would be sad, Chaeyeon-ah.” Joori’s mother pressed on as she reached out to pat the girl’s cheek.

“Is he here, Chaeyeon-ssi?”

 

 

 

“Her father’s family?” Shownu asked, Minhyuk nodded back as he picked up a glass of champagne. Chaeyeon was still speaking with the reporters at the other side of the room.

“It was kind of a big deal back then, her father wanted her to join him at their company. But, Chaeyeon felt bad that her mother would think that she wasn’t going to help with their side, so,”

“She got stuck in the hotel and shopping mall business.” Shownu said with a small smile.

“She did well while she worked with them, except for the occasional breakdowns and her losing her temper, she coped well. But that was never enough of her.” Minhyuk mused, he was about to take another sip from her glass when he noticed Chaeyeon’s secretary rushing to the doors, she was gone for a few seconds then she came back.

“And, her father is okay with all that?”

“Yes, you should meet Yeon’s father, he’s kind of like you, hyung. He likes cars, and never the corporate boss type.” Minhyuk said in a rush, his eyes were still on the secretary as she approached another one of their fellow staff. Shownu followed his gaze, curious.

“What is it?”

“I—I’ll check on it, hyung. Wait here.” Minhyuk said before stepping away from the older male, Shownu puffed his cheeks and looked around. He realized that Wonho still had not come back to join them. Minhyuk approached the lady and she paused when she saw him.

“What is it? Did someone try to get in?”

“No, sir, but it’s strange.” The girl was holding onto a piece of paper, Minhyuk realized that it was a business card.

“What?”

“This man arrived, he claims that he and the president go way back. He even calls her by her name, sir.”

“Who?”

She simply handed him the business card in her hand, and Minhyuk’s jaw grew taut.

“Should we let him in? He seems~”

“No.” He said sharply, Chaeyeon’s secretary flinched in surprise, his tone had caught her off guard.

“I’ll deal with him. He is not allowed to be even in the same room as her.” Minhyuk spat as he marched towards the door without turning back.

 

 

 

Shownu made his way across the hall, wanting to stand by the windows to admire the view. Chaeyeon had chosen one of the best venues in the city, and it offered a great view of the metropolitan as well. He set down the glass of champagne Minhyuk left with him and focused his eyes on the windows, but as he was about to step away from the crowd, he overheard something that made him pause.

“Reporter Moon here was spot on when he asked your cousin about her inspiration for releasing a men’s line.”

“Ah, really.”

“So, who is it, Chaeyoeon-ssi, is he here?”

Shownu craned his neck, and he spotted Chaeyeon with a bunch of people, the two males before her were furiously typing on their iPads as they looked at the girl.

“Actually, he….he’s quite busy.”

“Come on, Chaeyeon-ah. You always say he’s busy or not around.” The middle-aged woman, who was dressed in a red chiffon dress with heels said with a wide smile, Shownu’s forehead creased.

“It’s true, he’s a busy person.” Chaeyeon spoke, Shownu didn’t miss how her fists had curled on her sides.

“Does this boyfriend of yours really exist, dear? You can’t be just making him up, right? Because, that would be sad, Chaeyeon-ah.” The woman pressed again, Hyunwoo’s eyes went to the girl in the middle of the circle that her aunts and cousin seemed to have formed around her.

“Is he here, Chaeyeon-ssi?”

Chaeyeon was trapped.

He saw how the girl’s lower lips quivered, she looked up, planning to speak.

“Are you going to come up with something else again, niece? Just tell us if he’s here, don’t keep these nice reporters waiting.”

Shownu chewed on the insides of his cheeks and he started moving, he managed to get through the crowd.

“Wonho’s headache. No crying.” He whispered to himself, he put on a small smile on his face as he joined the group. He felt their eyes on him, but he simply reached out and placed his palm on the small of her lower back, Chaeyeon paused, clearly surprised. The girl turned to look at him, stunned and then he leaned over to kiss the side of her head.

“He’s here.” He heard himself speak as he met the gazes of the people who were staring at him and Wonho’s headache.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++