033

You Got Me

 

 

 

Chaeyeon groaned and slowly sat up, she could no longer ignore the loud buzzing from the outside. The girl let out a yawn and opened her eyes, she paused as she realized that it was already dark out. She slid down from the seat and made her way toward the second floor of her cousin’s yacht. As she went up the steps she checked on the pockets of her shorts and grimaced.

“I left my phone.” She mumbled to herself as the sea’s chill breeze hit her, she squinted her eyes at the sky, in search for the source of the noise. She realized that they were helicopters, the girl yawned again as she continued to look.

And then she saw the logo on the one helicopter she was staring at.

“Samsung?” She puffed her cheeks, she glanced over the shore and noticed the amount of men in black suits walking around. Her eyes widened in realization as she tried to search for her phone in her pockets again, Chaeyeon cussed under her breath as she scrambled out of the yacht. She made her way down the docks’ wooden steps in a rush. She glanced behind her, there were three helicopters hovering over her grandmother’s property.

She almost tripped in the sand as she jogged away from the docks.

“President Oh?”

“Miss Oh Chaeyeon?”

She stopped moving as a group of men rushed towards her, they were both speaking into the microphones attached on their coat’s lapels.

“We found the young miss, please report to the young master.” One spoke while touching his earpiece, Chaeyeon was about to react when a bright light was suddenly on her, she looked up and winced.

“Were…the helicopters really necessary?” She mumbled as the more men walked to them, she was guided back towards the villa and she sighed.

“Uhm, excuse me, did Wonho oppa send you? I get how he takes his job title seriously, but~”

“Oh Chaeyeon,”

She looked up and paused, Shownu was making his way towards her.

“I see I’m in much deeper trouble.” She murmured under her breath, she caught some of the men suppress their laughs. Chaeyeon saw her relatives looking at them from the house, her grandmother was shaking her head at her.

“Hi.” She said with a smile as Shownu reached them, the men dispersed and he sighed.

“Where were you?” He took a quick glance at her and put his phone back in coat pockets.

“I…I was sleeping, did..you call?” Chaeyeon carefully asked, Shownu shook his head at her and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Have you eaten?” He asked her, Chaeyeon shook her head.

“But, I’m not hungry. Let’s just~”

“Your grandmother’s staff prepared something, go inside.” Shownu spoke to her, but she could see the crease on his forehead.

“I left my phone at the room.” She said to him as he called for his guards, Shownu nodded back at her.

“I know.”

“I didn’t know…people would look, Shownu. And this place is safe.” She spoke just as a police patrol car pulled over in front of the house, Hyunwoo finally faced her.

“They just found two men trespassing the area, they’re the prowlers the your family’s staff spoke about yesterday. The police are here to pick them up.”

Chaeyeon pursed her lips, she noticed that Shownu was wearing a three piece suit, he had ed his vest inside.

“Did you come from work? The conference?” She asked worriedly as she reached for his arm, Shownu nodded at her but she could feel that he was a little peeved.

“Can you go inside and have dinner first? I’ll join you in a bit.”

“Son Hyunwoo, I’m~”

“Just go. I’ll be there in a bit.” He said as he leaned down to kiss the side of her head before walking away, Chaeyeon’s eyes followed him as he joined his men. They were radioing the helicopter pilots that they could land already.

“Unnie, where were you?” Junhee walked towards her, the Samsung men glanced at the girl.

“I fell asleep, let’s go to the house.” She said as she hooked arms with the younger girl and they walked towards the house. Shownu glanced over his shoulder briefly, his forehead creased before looking away.

“He was so worried, unnie. You should have picked up our calls.”

 

 

 

“Did they find her?” Soph asked as she walked towards Minhyuk, he nodded back at her and put his phone down.

“I got a hold of one of the guards, your friend fell asleep in a yacht or something, she left her phone at the room.” Minhyuk stated flatly, Sophia nodded, a little amused.

“Typical Chaeyeon. She wanders around, wanting to be alone.” She asked as she hooked arms with him, Minhyuk pursed his lips as he looked at the cinema doors.

“Shownu hyung was about to lose it.”

“Why? What happened?” Soph asked, Minhyuk took a sip from his cola before speaking.

“He flew in a team to look for her, he got worried when they found two unknown men trespassing the resort,”

“A team?” Sophia repeated as they got inside the cinema hall, Minhyuk held onto her hand as they went to their seats.

“As in a couple of helicopters and some Samsung…people.”

“Oh.” The Wu girl’s eyes widened, Minhuyk sat down and put his coat on her lap.

“Son Hyunwoo brought in the big guns. I bet Joori is eating sand right now.” She chuckled, Minhyuk eyed her warily.

“It’s true, they’ve all been really harsh on Chaeyeon and they are always picking on Shownu.”

“Huh, I thought you didn’t trust him.”

“Now, I do.” She shrugged at him as the lights dimmed, Minhyuk chuckled and took the popcorn from her.

“I’m just a little..iffy with all this, Soph.”

“Why? You said so yourself, he can keep her safe. And he understands your unexplained hatred for Jinyoung, what are you being iffy for?”

“He’s my cousin, and I don’t want him to get hurt.”

“Hurt? By who? Park Jinyoung? Really? You’re worried that Jinyoung may inflict pain on him? Have you seen your cousin?”

“No, I meant Chaeyeon. Hyung…he seems to really like her, you know. And, with Chayeeon, we never know what’s in her head. I..asked her if she’s over him.”

“What did she say?”

“She didn’t say anything.”

“You know, someday, you’ll have to tell me. Tell us.”

“Huh?” Minhyuk faced her, Sophia had a small frown on her face and the lights dimmed.

“What really happened between JInyoung and Yeon.”

“If…If I tell you, you might kill him.” Minhuyk stated, he felt Soph’s gaze snap on him.

“Good, you can tell Son Hyunwoo instead. Maybe he’ll do you the favor.”

Minhyuk leaned back on his seat and shook his head.

“If you don’t trust him, then I won’t as well.” Soph softly said, Minhyuk nodded without looking at her and gave her a hand a small squeeze.

 

 

 

Joori leaned against the doorframe and watched as her older cousin took a seat by the kitchen counter, she crossed her arms and shook her head.

“Who would have thought, huh?” Sera said as she stood next to the girl, Joori glanced at her.

“What do you mean, unnie?”

“The guy Chaeyeon’s seeing, halmae is good friends with his grandmother too. No one knew he’s one of the Samsung sons. Don’t you think he seems too nice for someone so loaded?” The older girl jokingly said, Joori’s forehead creased.

“Unnie must have done this on purpose, so that she can laugh at us.” Joori stated, Sera shook her head at her.

“I don’t think so, I mean if you observe Hyunwoo, he’s always given off that vibe. He’s well-mannered, and from the way he speaks, you can actually notice how he was brought up.”

They saw Shownu walk in the kitchen, he had his coat tucked in one arm as he sat across Chaeyeon.

“And, it doesn’t hurt that he looks like that too.” Sera mused, Joori looked away and chewed on her lower lip.

“I guess that’s why halmae never said anything.” Sera murmured before leaving the girl, Joori’s eyes went to the two again. And then she felt her phone vibrating in her pocket.

“Your cousin must be having a lot of fun,”

“Eomma,” Joori sighed, she saw Chaeyeon chatting with Shownu as she tried to finish her plate of pasta, their two nieces had joined the couple.

“She probably did this on purpose. She disappeared into the night, knowing he’d look for her. She wanted people to laugh at us. And look at this arrogant boy showing off how rich he is.”

Shownu was smiling as he lifted one of the toddlers to his lap, Chaeyeon shook her head and continued eating.

“What is it now, eomma?”

“You should do well, your cousin brought home a Samsung boy. I’m sure she thinks she’s all that now.”

Joori made her way out of the house and noticed some of Shownu’s men still lingering around.

“Your cousin has one-upped you again.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon glanced at the door, she could hear Shownu pacing outside the room. The girl had showered and changed into a pair of sweatpants and a shirt. She had suggested that they fly out earlier, but Shownu said that it would be better to leave together with everyone the next day as scheduled.

“He’s annoyed with me. And I feel bad.” She mumbled to herself as she checked her phone, Minhyuk had left her messages and she opted not to deal with him yet.

She slowly walked to the doors and found Hyunwoo already dressed for bed, he was sitting on the couch, his eyes were fixated on the TV screen before him.

“So,” She said as she stepped out of the room, his eyes went to her.

“Are…you still mad?” Chaeyeon murmured as she sat down next to him.

“I’m not mad.” Shownu replied, his eyes were still on the screen, Chaeyeon scrunched her nose and glanced at him.

“I was..I was always used to doing things on my own, that sometimes I forget to tell people where I am or where I am heading,”

“That and you always have your phone on airplane mode or you leave it someplace else.” Shownu added in his usual calm voice, Chaeyeon winced to herself.

“That..too.”

Shownu turned to her and playfully mussed her hair.

“You couldn’t sleep well last night, huh?” He asked as she curled her legs to her chest, she nodded.

“Someone kept..on calling me the whole day, I…couldn’t pick it up.”

Shownu’s brows rose briefly, somehow he had feeling who that someone was. He nodded at her, deciding not to ask her about the calls or the caller.

“But, trust me, if you were the one calling, I would have picked up.” She quickly added with wide eyes, Shownu let out a chuckle before pulling the girl to his lap, Chaeyeon sighed at him.

“I’ll..try to always keep in mind to have my phone with me all the time. Sorry about today, you had to rush back here from work.” She murmured before wrapping her arms around his neck, Shownu smiled and kissed the side of her head.

“You don’t have to always tell me where you’re off to, I just need to know you’re safe, Chaeyeon-ah.”

“I noticed that.” She mumbled as she leaned her chin on his shoulder, Shownu wrapped his arms around her.

“For a moment there, I was really worried, Oh Chaeyeon.”

“I know. You flew back here in your Armani suit, you should get that dry cleaned when we get back.” She stated, Shownu let out a chuckle and just pulled the girl to him again.

“But, thank you for making sure I was safe.” She said in a small voice before kissing his cheek, Shownu’s eyes widened briefly but the girl remained silent on his lap. Soon, her breathing turned steady and even, she was already asleep.

Shownu slowly leaned back on the couch so that she wouldn’t hurt her neck, Chaeyeon still had her arms around him as she snuggled into his chest.

Shownu turned his gaze to the TV screen and he briefly closed his eyes.

Sophia Wu was right.

I am in trouble.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++