017

You Got Me

 

 

 

“What exactly happened?” The man from the other side of the table demanded, his tone had turned harsh. Shownu glanced at his cousin, Minhyuk had his lips pursed, defensive.

“Didn’t I leave this project to you, director Lee? You said you and your cousin would work on it.” Director Hong continued, it was ShinHan’s monthly BOD meeting and the man seemed to be bent on pressing faults on the two young heirs.

“You left me to clean it up for you, director Hong. Did you not review the files before you handed them to?” Minhyuk said defiantly, the room turned quiet, Shownu drummed his fingers on the table. The man paled at Minhyuk’s reply, but the other people in the room seem to disagree with Minhyuk.

“Still, the company trusted you with that position, shouldn’t you at least do your job properly? This also goes to you, director Son, you got here for almost two months already, but we rarely see you at events being held by the company. What are you doing exactly?” He continued to berate the two, Shownu heard Minhyuk scoff.

Shownu faced the male and gave him a small bow.

“I will check with HGH regarding the delays, and I’ll do my best.” Shownu replied, Minhyuk wanted to pull his hair out.

“You should! Just because you two are the chairman’s grandchildren, that doesn’t mean you should be slacking off.” Director Hong made a show of clearing his throat, Shownu leaned back on his seat, always so calm. But was already on the phone beside him, typing furiously.

The meeting went on, and soon it was finally over. The two cousins were the last to leave the room, Minhyuk loosened his tie as they walked.

“Did that make any sense to you? He was the one working with HGH before he passed it to us. It was a mess, hyung. You saw it!”

“I did.” Shownu nodded as they reached the elevator, Minhyuk groaned at his cousin’s reaction, or lack thereof.

“Aren’t you annoyed? He embarrassed us in front of everyone.”

“He did. But, let’s just prove him wrong, Minhyuk-ah. There’s no point in answering back.” The doors pinged open and Shownu walked in, Minhyuk stomped after him and pressed his phone against his ear.

“Who are you calling?” Shownu was amused as he leaned back.

“Someone who will also get mad at director Hong.” Minhyuk grumbled back at him, Shownu laughed and then he heard Chaeyeon’s voice from the other line. He smiled to himself and shook his head as Minhyuk started to rant to his friend.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon puffed her cheeks as she finally got inside her office, she had spent the whole morning checking on the boutiques and other mall branches. She stretched her legs before her and shook off her heels, she was about to open her laptop when her office phone started to ring.

“Hello?”

“Young miss, it’s me.” She immediately recognized her father’s secretary’s voice, she smiled.

“What’s up, unnie?” Chaeyeon asked as she crossed her legs over the other.

“Can you come by the company?”

“Why? Is something wrong?”

“I’m not sure if your father mentioned this before he left, but there are some documents that need your signature.”

“Huh? That person didn’t pass by? I thought my brother does that stuff instead?” Chaeyeon was confused, she sat up and reached for her cellphone.

“I tried contacting him, but it seems that the young master is out of town.”

Chaeyeon sighed and nodded to herself, her secretary walked in with her coffee and a bunch of cookies.

“I’ll drop by tomorrow, unnie. Don’t worry, no need to call appa too.”

“Yes, then, enjoy your day, young miss.”

Chaeyeon ended the call and faced her secretary, she had set the tray before her and Chaeyeon picked up a cookie.

“What? More meetings?” Chaeyeon frowned at her, the lady chuckled in reply.

“No, but a car is waiting downstairs, president.”

“Huh?”

“Director Lee demands that you see him. Now.” Secretary Yang took out the note that was handed to her by Minhyuk’s driver, Chaeyeon sighed and shook her head.

“Did something happen?”

Chaeyeon stood up, she put on her shoes and grabbed her purse.

“Director Hong was being an to him. Can you move my conference to tomorrow? And, the meeting with Galleria too.”

“Yes, I will do that.” Secretary Yang took her coat, planning to help her young boss with it, but Chaeyeon was already out of her office.

“It’s getting colder outside.” She murmured to herself as she went back to her desk.

 

 

 

Shownu was standing before the BMW’s opened hood when he heard a car pull over behind him, he turned his head and looked at the Maserati sedan. The driver slid down, but the passenger door was already opening. Chaeyeon hopped down from the car and thanked the male.

“I’m telling you, ahjussi, your boss is unreasonable. But, thank you for driving me here.”

Chaeyeon turned for the shop and blinked at Shownu.

“You’re here too.” She blurted out as she reached him, Shownu smiled and leaned over to press his nose against the side of her head.

“I work here, president.”

“But,” Chaeyeon sighed again, Shownu paused and faced her, the girl was staring at his necktie. And then she wordlessly reached over and began untying it.

“Let me teach you a little trick, mister Son. Since you seem to really hate it, just don’t wear one and do this.” She ed the first two buttons of his shirt and patted down the collar.

“Since you’re the boss, I don’t think they would mind. Reserve the ties for really formal events.” She continued, seeming unbothered with what she just did. While, Wonho, who was at the back had covered his chest, shocked at what he saw.

“Whoa, I didn’t know you two were already that close.” He called out, Chaeyeon’s eyes went to him and she smiled.

“Hi, oppa.” She said to him, Wonho pursed his lips at her.

“Oppa, I work with clothes a lot, so I’m used to buttoning buttons and ing them. Zippers too.”

“On men?” Wonho gasped, still scandalized, Chaeyeon slowly nodded.

“Let it go.” Shownu was amused, he patted Chaeyeon’s waist before going back to the car.

“Still, isn’t it a little……suggestive?”

“It’s just work, oppa. You always walk around here without a shirt.” Chaeyeon shrugged at him, she wrapped her arms around herself and looked around.

“Where is your coat?” Shownu looked up from the car.

“I rushed here, it’s fine.” Chaeyeon waved him off and set off to look for Minhyuk.

The girl walked deeper into the shop, Chaeyeon saw Minhyuk sitting across the TV, from the way his lips were pursed, and arms crossed, she could tell that he was in a bad mood.

“What happened?” Chaeyeon plopped down beside him, the male pouted and sighed.

“Director Hong said things?” She shared the blanket with him.

“The HGH thing, I told you about it, right?”

Chaeyeon nodded back at him and reached out to take a sip of his coffee, Minhyuk huffed again.

“He’s blaming us because it got delayed. The reason why we’re having difficulties is because he didn’t handle the project properly while he was the one in charge of it. And now he made the whole board think that it was because of hyung and I.” Minhyuk continued to rant, Chaeyeon shook her head and put the drink down.

“Where does he live?”

Shownu and Wonho both looked up from what they were doing, her question had stunned them.

“Should we buy some toilet paper and do that thing to his house?” Chaeyeon continued, Minhyuk’s lips quirked up and he leaned against the girl.

“Are we going to do that again?” Minhyuk asked excitedly, Chaeyeon nodded and patted his lap.

“You…guys have done that before? Wrap someone’s house with toilet paper?” Wonho echoed, Shownu walked towards the pantry and took out some bags of chips.

“Oh, back in college, oppa.” Chaeyeon said, sounding proud. Shownu chuckled and set the food before them.

“Let’s buy toilet paper later.” Minhyuk agreed, Wonho shook his head and went back to fixing the BMW.

“We should get dinner first. Can you eat here?” Minhyuk sat up and straigtened his jacket, Chaeyeon nodded back and stretched her arms.

“There’s a chicken place nearby. Let’s check it out.”

Shownu reappeared with one of his hoodies, he handed it to the girl.

“Put this on, it’s cold out.” Shownu spoke, the girl scrunched her nose and looked at the Balenciaga skirt ensemble she was wearing.

“It’s cold outside. This is clean.” Shownu said, his tone a little chiding.

“I didn’t mean that, but I really like how this skirt looks on me.”

Shownu didn’t budge, he still had his arm stretched out to her, Chaeyeon sighed and took it from him. Minhyuk chortled as he walked away from the two, while Wonho was giggling to himself

 

 

 

Chaeyeon watched as Wonho and Minhyuk walked ahead of them, she rolled up the hoodie’s sleeves to her wrist and looked around them.

“It’s getting dark.” She said, Shownu offered his hand to her, Chaeyeon simply took it and walked with him.

“Did that director Hong not bother you at all? Minhyuk mentioned he spoke ill of you too.” She quietly said, Shownu glanced at her briefly before shaking his head.

“But it was unfair, what he said. Infront of other people too.” She continued, her forehead creasing slightly as she looked at Minhyuk from afar.

“Well, it already happened.” Shownu gave her hand a slight squeeze, the girl turned her head to him, sensing Shownu’s discomfort.

“He must have said something else, huh?” She said, not wanting to push him to talk, but also, hoping he would.

“Hmmmm,” Shownu hummed, Chaeyeon looked ahead and hooked arms with him instead, it was getting chilly.

“Are you cold?” He asked, she nodded slightly.

“Should I wrap one arm around you? Is that okay?” Shownu asked her, not wanting to offend her.

“That’s okay.” Chaeyeon replied, Shownu wrapped one arm around the girl and started speaking.

“He said I don’t show up at company events.”

“So? What’s the problem there?” Chaeyeon sounded annoyed and her lips thinned.

“Don’t take my side.” Shownu grinned at her, Chaeyeon chuckled back and nodded.

“I’m thinking he’s right, I tend to avoid those. I kind of depended on Minhyuk to attend for me.”

“You’re going to attend more events now? There’s no harm in that, I guess.”

“So, you do agree that I spend way too much time at the shop?” Shownu said, pulling the girl closer to his side as a cyclist rushed by.

“No, I don’t!” Chaeyeon’s eyes widened and she turned to face him, but Shownu was smiling.

“You can do whatever you want, but if you think it’s better for you to occasionally show your face at ShinHan events, why not?” Chaeyeon continued as they reached the shop, the two were already ordering for them.

“Some of those events might have my parents in the guest list,”

“Oh. Oh!” Chaeyeon blurted out, Shownu dropped his arm to his side.

“Then, I’ll be there as well, my usual fraudulent self.” She shrugged at him, the sleeves of Shownu’s jacket slid down and covered both of her hands again.

“I’ll call you if I need help then, president.” He said as he folded the sleeves for her, Chaeyeon gave him a thumbs up.

“Will you lend me your Mustang if I help you out with these events?” She whispered, Shownu let out a laugh.

“You can take it tonight if you want, Chayeon-ah.”

 


 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++