006

You Got Me

 

 

Shownu glanced at the girl then at his cousin as soon as Chaeyeon’s aunt walked away from them.

Chaeyeon had remained still, with her arms crossed across her chest.

“Yeon, look,”

“You idiot!” Chaeyeon hissed at him, Shownu grimaced and looked around them.

“Don’t listen to her, you look fine. You always look fine.” Minhyuk spoke quickly as he cupped her cheeks, Chaeyeon didn’t react but she was glaring at him.

“And, you have always looked good in skirts, although, maybe this could go higher?” Minhyuk reached for the waistband of her Dior skirt and tried pulling it up a bit.

“Minhyuk-ah,” Shownu murmured, and then the girl reached for her purse and took out her pen. Shownu’s brows went up, was she going to stab him with it?

“You. You are impossible.” She said as she used the pen to remove her hands off her, Minhyuk pursed his lips.

“Come on, I made it go away.”

“Go away? She will ask questions, you fool.” She shot back as she walked away from him, the two males padded after her.

“I don’t think so. Now, they’ll stop pestering you about those dates, and you can live freely as you want.”

“Get away from me.” Chaeyeon snapped at him, Minhyuk winced at her words.

“Yeon,” Minhyuk tried to reach for her arm.

“Just go away, I’ll come up with something to fix this. Hopefully, my aunt chooses not to buy your crazy story.” Chaeyeon said flatly before walking away from them, Minhyuk’s forehead creased.

“There is nothing crazy about having an impressive boyfriend!”

Chaeyeon raised her middle finger at him without looking back.

“She shouldn’t be alone now.” He said to himself, Shownu looked at him.

“You are so dead.” He commented, Minhyuk was about to walk after her but his phone started to ring. He took it out and saw his office’s number flashing on the screen.

“Hyung, can you check on her?” He asked, his tone filled with concern.

“Me? I happen to like living.” Shownu chuckled, but his eyes went to the girl again.

“She wont kill you, you’re not me.” Minhyuk pleaded with the older male, Shownu exhaled, his eyes went to Chaeyeon’s retreating figure briefly.

“I’ll call you later.” Shownu stated before jogging after the girl.

 

 

 

“Welcome back, director.”

The young man, wearing a pin stripe navy blue suit looked up from his phone as he felt someone approach him, he broke into a smile as he recognize the man before him.

“Father sent you?”

“Yes, he’s in a meeting right now. But, the whole company is very pleased to have you back with us.” The older male replied as he gestured for the the driver to take the bags.

“How are things?” He asked as he got inside the Maserati sedan, he smiled as he noticed that the prepared that day’s paper for him. He picked up one of them and started reading the news.

“There’s been talks about working with Samsung for a project, but there’s no final say.”

“Samsung? Which branch of theirs?”

“Tech, sir.”

The young man hummed in reply, his attention went back to the newspaper he was holding and then he paused. He was at the Lifestyle section when he came across a familiar smiling face, his forehead creased briefly.

“I didn’t know she started a company of her own.” He murmured to himself, his father’s secretary glanced at him.

“You know this young lady, sir?”

“I do, we..go way back.”

“It’s pretty impressive what she’s done with her clothing line in only a span of three years.” He commented, the young male leaned back on his seat.

“Chaeyeon..Chaeyeon’s always been special.” He said softly as he turned to the windows.

“But, I never thought she’d come back here.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon’s forehead crumpled as she tried to pull the shopping cart again, but it didn’t budge. She pursed her lips and tugged on the handle again, still no movement. The girl hissed and was about to walk away when someone suddenly appeared beside her and yanked on the handle.

The cart came free and it slowly rolled towards her, she turned her head.

“Don’t kill me.” Shownu said raising his palms before him, her brows went up.

“Right, you still need him alive.” She said in a dry tone, Shownu chuckled and gestured for the girl to walk ahead.

“Are..Are you going shopping too?”

“No, but you are.” He replied to her, the girl paused and tilted her head.

“Actually, I can do this alone. I know Minhyuk sent you~”

“It’s okay, just do your own thing and let me push the cart.” Shownu said to her, she pursed her lips again, but she started to move to one of the aisles. Shownu remained quiet as the girl loaded things to the cart. But the silence kind of unnerved her, not that Minhyuk’s cousin made her uncomfortable. She was just so used to so much noise and talking around her that it felt like she was going deaf.

“You heard everything, huh?” She faced him as she stood by the other end of the cart.

“Your friend was kind enough to translate to me what went on.” Shownu said softly, she sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

“Well, my friend has always been reckless, but at least he explains things, right?” She mumbled under her breath, Shownu smiled and helped her reach for the pack of paper towels on the top of the shelf.

“Right.”

Chaeyeon walked beside him and glanced around the aisle, her forehead creased.

“I’m waiting for the fake boyfriend jokes, but okay, do you want me to joke about it first?” She sighed, Shownu let out a chuckle.

“I don’t think it’s that serious, your aunt probably knows Minhyuk well and is aware that he’s just messing around.” He stated as he watched the girl try to reach for the pack of disinfectants on the shelf. His brows rose briefly as her skirt hiked up that more she stretched her arm. Shownu walked to her and leaned over to get the items for the girl.

“Oh, trust me. She has been forcing all her ideas to me my whole life, and she thinks there’s something wrong with me.”

“There’s nothing wrong with you.” Shownu said as he picked out a bag of chips, Chaeyeon shook her head.

“I mean it. The only flaw you have,” Shownu faced her, his lips quirking up.

“Is being best friends with my cousin.”

“Huh.” She shot back, Shownu moved ahead of her and grabbed another bag of chips.

“W—Wait, who’s doing the grocery shopping again?” She mumbled as she padded after the male.

“Shownu,” She walked up to him, he was reading the back of a pack of strawberry flavored cream puffs.

“You don’t really have to accompany me, I’m sure you have work and all.”

“Are you kicking me out?” He blinked at her, Chaeyeon blinked back, confused.

“I know your family owns this mall.”

“O—Oh, no. It’s just, I know Minhyuk sent you to~”

“Stop you from thinking about what your aunt said. And, I agree with him.”

“I…I don’t know how to talk with you.” She blurted out, Shownu chuckled and put the box of sweets on the cart.

“Don’t listen to her. There’s nothing wrong with you.” He said with a small smile before heading straight to the counter.

 

 

 

Wonho was smiling as the Land Rover pulled over at the shop.

“Hi, headache!” He greeted her with a warm smile and a wave, Chaeyeon grinned back at him.

“Is this thing all good now, oppa?” She asked as she walked towards the car, Wonho hopped towards her and hooked arms with the girl.

“Yes, but how will you drive this home?”

“My secretary’s taking the Rover.” She said as the other vehicle started backing out of the driveway. The girl looked around, she saw Shownu stepping out from the office, he was still dressed for work. Well, his other work.

“He’s still in his CEO costume.” Wonho whispered to her, Chaeyeon was about to reply when a familiar BMW pulled over.

“Minhyuk’s here.” Wonho said, Shownu’s lips quirked up and approached Chaeyeon’s Porsche.

“You might want to clear the tools away.” He said to Wonho, the latter blinked back at him.

“Chaeyeonie, hi.” Minhyuk waved at her, Chaeyeon turned her back to him and made her way towards the leather couches.

“Oh.” Wonho blinked at the male, Shownu chuckled and padded after the girl.

“Chaeyeon, come on, it’s not that big of a deal.”

“Really? Really? Joori just called me earlier, wanting to meet my super impressive boyfriend!”

“You have a boyfriend? Already?” Wonho was surprised, Shownu grimaced and sent him a look.

“No, this guy thought that lying to my aunt and telling her that I have a boyfriend will make my problems go away.”

“What?” Wonho grew confused, then a conversation from a couple of days ago replayed in his head.

“Oh my, you guys went through with that fake boyfriend plan?”

“Yes.” Minhyuk nodded.

“No!” Chaeyeon hollered, Shownu leaned against the counter and looked on. He was eyeing the toolbox sitting infront of the girl and he started an internal debate whether to pick it up or not.

“Oh, oh, oh. Who did you hire?” Wonho said as he plopped down across her.

“We’re not hiring anyone.” She groaned as she crossed her legs, Shownu grinned and looked at his younger cousin.

“Just tell them that he’s always busy and he never has the time for you.”

“Wow, because they would buy that.” She shot back at Minhyuk, the latter flinched and sat down.

“I’d love to apply, but I like living so,” Wonho shrugged with a playful smile, Shownu eyed his friend. Wonho really liked poking around her temper and yet it was quite amusing seeing her like this.

“But, will they really make a big deal about it?” Wonho asked as he opened a bottle of water for the girl.

“Oh, you don’t know her family. They’re all~” Minhyuk shut his mouth as soon as her icy glare went to him.

“So, how was grocery shopping with Shownu hyung?” He said instead, Shownu sat down beside the girl and pulled the toolbox to him.

“You guys hung out without me?” Wonho asked, looking a little hurt.

“Since you guys wont let me pay for the repairs, I’ll go get us something to eat.” She muttered as she stood up, the girl grabbed her purse and left the shop.

“Wow, you didn’t die. No flying wrenches, not even a screwdriver went your way.” Wonho mused, Shownu put the toolbox away.

“I hate it when they try to tell her she’s not good enough or talk about her weight.”

“Her weight? She doesn’t even look like she eats.” Wonho said as he ran his fingers through his hair, Shownu nodded in agreement.

“Her aunts and some cousins can be too much. I hate it.” Minhyuk rolled his eyes and stretched his legs before him.

“Why? Chayeon’s pretty, accomplished and independent. What else do they want?” Wonho asked, Minhyuk grinned at him.

“That’s the reason why, hyung. Anyway, I’ll go with her.” He said as he stood up, he got his coat.

“Chaeyeonie, wait!”

“Get lost!”

“But, I missed you!”

“I miss my impressive boyfriend more!”

Shownu laughed and went back to his office, Wonho shook his head to himself and his eyes went to his friend.

“Hey,”

The older male paused and turned to meet his gaze from the stairs.

“Stop staring at her.”

“I wasn’t.”

Wonho rolled dramatically rolled his eyes and waved him off.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++