026

You Got Me

 

 

 

“You came all the way here just to tell me that?” Minhyuk grinned as Chaeyeon walked in the closet, the girl picked out a coat for him and nodded.

“I figured that we should try having homemade meals than always eating outside.”

“Babe, you and I both know that we prefer eating out most days.”

“When we’re in a rush, but it’s a weekend.” She reasoned as she held the coat for him, Minhyuk chuckled as she helped him wear the clothing.

“I’ll get a tie for you.”

“What did you do yesterday? You were with Shownu hyung.” He said as the girl bent over the glass drawer, she looked up.

“Your cousin is kind of weird, but let’s talk about that later. What’s going on?” She asked, Minhyuk paused, confused with her question.

“What?” He asked, Chaeyeon walked back to him and proceeded to fix his tie for him.

“Sophia’s back.”

It took just two words for her usually bubbly friend to freeze, she noticed how his gaze falter and she smiled to herself.

“It’s been years, I think it’s time you talk about it. You and her.” She stated, Minhyuk sighed and swatted her away, she chuckled and dropped her hands to her sides.

“Yeon,”

“I just wish you guys would…fix things, you know.” She said as she leaned against the closet doors, Minhyuk looked away from her.

“You might think it’s okay now, because you two are talking, and she’s not being all weird around you. But,”

Minhyuk exhaled and put on his watch. He glanced at Chaeyeon again, the girl was checking her phone.

“But, what?”

“It may be too much to ask, but I miss the old us. Being able to hang out and just talk without having to…be careful about our words.” She continued, Minhyuk’s forehead creased and he lookwed away.

“What happened before…Yeon, she left. Because it was too much.”

“Are you sure about that?” Chaeyeon’s words made him pause again, he exhaled and strapped on his watch.

“None of you asked her to stay.” She said as she put her phone away, the girl stood up and walked to her friend.

“Can I ask you something? Just this one thing.”

“It’s not like I can stop you.” Minhyuk stated, his forehead still creasing.

“Is it still her?” Chaeyeon asked as she met his gaze.

“Does it matter?” Minhyuk exhaledm he reached over to playfully muss her hair.

“I’d like to know. It’s difficult for me too, I’m right in the middle.”

Minhyuk his lips before replying, Chaeyeon could see him contemplating and then he puffed his cheeks.

“It never changed, Yeon. It’s still her.”

 

 

 

Shownu was about to get inside his Audi when he noticed a car rolling into the property, his eyes went to the silver Maserati and he grew confused.

Chaeyeon slid down from the vehicle and smiled at him, or at someone behind him.

“Hello, uncle.” Chaeyeon said as she walked past Shownu and greeted the elder, the latter smiled at the girl.

“It’s good to see you, Chaeyeon-ah. You look well.”

“You too, uncle. Are you going out to play golf?” She asked noticing the man’s shoes, he nodded at her.

“Well, hello to you too.” Shownu approached them, Mr. Son laughed at his son.

“I was being polite, I can say hi to you later.” Chaeyeon rolled her eyes at him, the elder patted her hand.

“I’ll get going now, Hyunwoo, you take care of her.” He said as he got inisde the waiting BMW sedan, Chaeyeon waved at the car as it sped off the driveway.

“I was just about to drive to your place.” Shownu said before leaning over to kiss the side of her head, he paused.

“I came by to pick you up, since you bought me a car and all. Which, we have yet to discuss,” She pointed out, Shownu grinned at her.

“You smell different. Not strawberries.”

“I switched shampoos. Do you not like it?” She asked as they walked towards the car, Shownu shook his head at her.

“It’s nice. You didn’t have to drive here.” Shownu said as he unconsciously  tugged down at the hem of her shirt, it had hiked up to the waistband of her jeans.

“Hyunwoo, I don’t need this car. I mean, I like the thought, but I cant possibly receive this.” She said to him, Shownu glanced at the vehicle.

“It’s too much.” She added.

“It’s on your name. And, you just said you like the thought. It’s yours.” Shownu nodded, Chaeyeon sighed and shook her head.

“It’s still too much, Son Hyunwoo.”

“But it made you feel better, so it’s not too much. You’re driving.” Shownu chuckled, he reached over to cup her cheek briefly, and then he got inside the passenger seat.

“Well, it did make me feel better. But, hey!” Chaeyeon tried to argue as she got inside the vehicle, but he was already on his phone.

“Son~”

“Smile.” He said as he pointed his phone at her, Chaeyeon paused but she smiled for the camera.

 

 

 

“I should get them cake. Sugar makes them hyper, but it’s better than wine.” Sophia murmured as she walked in the mall, she chucked her phone into her skirt pocket and headed for the escalators. She reached Minhyuk’s favorite pastry shop and walked inside.

As she was about to choose a cake, her phone started to ring and she saw Wonho’s name on the screen.

“Yes, oppa?”

“Hi, migraine what are you bringing to Chaeyeon’s?”

“I’m buying a cake right now.” She murmured, she noticed a box of mini cinnamon buns and picked them up.

“Good, I didn’t want to get the same thing. I should get her flowers. You too.” Wonho chuckled from the other line, Sophia couldn’t help but smile.

“But wouldn’t that get you in trouble with the impressive boyfriend?” She said, she pointed towards the cake on display, and the lady behind the counter nodded at her. Soph was about to take out her wallet when she noticed a familiar male walk in the store.

“I’m her head of security, he can’t mess with me. Anyway, see you in a bit, migraine.”

Soph put her phone back and realized that the male was staring back at her, and he started to smile.

“Park Jinyoung.” She spoke, the male nodded and walked to her.

“I didn’t know you were back, Taiwan got boring for you?” He asked as he reached her, Soph shook her head.

“I have some work to finish here.” Soph trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

“Do your friends know you’re back?”

The girl nodded back, knowing what he was trying to say, or whom he was wanting to ask about.

“I’m meeting Chaeyeon in a bit, if that’s what you want to know.”

“I’ve…been trying to see her. But, Minhyuk won’t let me. Typical.” Jinyoung smiled at her, and then he faced the cakes displayed before them.

“He never grew out of his distrust on you, I guess.”

“I heard she’s seeing someone.” Jinyoung continued, Sophia nodded in reply.

“How is he? Does he treat her right?”

“You really want to know that?” Sophia asked as the lady behind the counter returned with her card and purchase.

“We never really got a clean break, Soph. Of course I’d like to know how she’s doing.” Jinyoung said with a small smile, Sophia took the cake before replying.

“He does treat her right, and…lately, she’s been smiling more. Probably because of him. That’s it.”

Jinyoung paused, his brows rose briefly but he nodded back at her.

“That’s good to know.”

“You’ll probably run into her soon, the Shinsegae anniversary. There’s no way Minhyuk can block your entrance there.” The girl mused at him before walking away, Jinyoung slowly nodded to himself.

“Right. I can see her there.”

 

 

 

“Wonho’s behind us.” Shownu said as Chaeyeon turned to the left, she glanced at the rearview mirror and noticed the white Audi R8 at the back.

“Is your brother home too?” He asked her, Chaeyeon nodded back at him.

“Oppa knows everything, you don’t have to put an act infront of him. And,” She trailed off as they neared the Oh house, Shownu leaned back on his seat.

“Do you want to witness something awkward?” She suddenly asked as they got inside the gates, Shownu looked ahead and saw Minhyuk’s car pulling up, his eyes went to the Aston Martin that was by the garage. Sophia was standing by the vehicle as she held onto a brown paper bag.

“Should I say no and bolt out of here?” He replied, Chaeyeon winked at him before sliding down the car.

“Hi, headache!” Wonho waved at her, Chaeyeon beamed back at the older male. He heard the front door of the house open, and she felt Chaeyeon rush to his back. Shownu grew amused as the girl held onto his sleeve and tried peeking by his shoulder.

“Chaeyeon, what are you~”

“Oh, Chaeyeon-ah, you’re~” The tall male paused as he was going down the steps, his eyes weren’t on his sister.

Shownu saw how Minhyuk tensed as he saw the male, and Sophia had turned away from the house, the girl looked troubled and annoyed at the same time.

“Headache, this is for you.” Wonho had walked to her, and then he paused, sensing the tension in the air.

“Thank you, oppa. These are beautiful.” Chaeyeon said in hushed tones as she took the bunch of tulips from him.

“What’s going on?” Chaeyeon felt Shownu’s arm around her waist as he gently pulled her infront of him.

“I—I didn’t know we had more guests.” Her brother finally spoke, Chaeyeon was grinning like a Cheshire cat at him, ignoring Sophia Wu’s heavy glare directed at her.

“Oh Chaeyeon.” She said through gritted teeth, Minhyuk eyed his friend warily before going inside the garage and accessing the kitchen through there.

Shownu felt the girl wriggle free from his grasp, and she spoke.

“Oppa, this is my boyfriend and my head of security.” She said in a cheerful tone as she gestured at Shownu and Wonho, the two grew confused.

“Chae~”

“I’m going to go inside now before Sophia Wu kills me.” She said as she hopped into the house, sidestepping her brother in the process.

Wonho glanced at Soph as the girl exhaled, he saw Chaeyeon’s brother make way for her as she walked past him.

“Oh Sehun.” He stated as he approached the two males, Wonho broke into a smile.

“Wonho. Head of security.”

Shownu grimaced and shook his head to himself.

“And impressive boyfriend, nice to meet you.” Sehun continued with an amused grin as he stretched his hand to him.

“Yes, its nice to meet you.”

“So, tell me, how did she managed to trick everyone into having lunch here? Or do you always say yes to her?”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++