002

You Got Me

 

 

Chaeyeon yawned as she stared at her laptop with immense concentration. A new season was about to start, and she had a lot of reports that she needed to check personally. They were about to release a new collection too, and that ate a lot of her time.

“Unnie, I’m telling you,” Her cousin spoke from the other line, Chaeyeon blinked, almost forgetting that she had her Airpods on and the girl was on the other line.

“You should hire a secretary,”

“It’s fine, I can manage it.”

“But, I rarely get to see you nowadays.”

Exactly. I don’t want to see a lot of humans nowadays.

“We all get a little too busy, Sera. You know that.”

“You run your own errands. That’s tiring, unnie. You can have people do it~”

“Let’s talk about something else,” Chaeyeon said with a small sigh, knowing her cousin, she had always thought just like the rest of her family. They all think Chaeyeon should have joined her father and not start her own company. That would have been the easy way and they wanted that for her. No, they all judged her for not having taken that route.

“Well, I went out with Yugyeom last night. We stayed at his place.”

“Oh,” Chaeyeon blinked, still trying to sound like she gave a damn.

“Just the two of you?”

“Yeah, we had this really good wine and, he,”

Chaeyeon saw Minhyuk walking towards her, the male was looking back at her his eyes brows raised. The girl rolled her eyes and showed the earpiece on her ear, he grinned back.

“It’s just, I really like him, and he wants to take things further.”

TMI! TMI!

Too much ing information!

TMFI!

“Well, that sounds interesting. Can I call you back later? I..have a meeting in a bit.”

“Yes, how about we get dinner together this week, unnie?”

“Sure, call me.” She said as she quickly ended the call, she took her coffee from her friend.

“What was that? I could practically hear you cussing from across the room.”

“Hmm, you don’t want to know.” Chaeyeon murmured while taking small sips from her drink.

“I’m amazed you had the time for me today.”

“What do you want?”

“Are you busy?”

“I am.” She said dryly, Minhyuk chuckled at her reply.

“Let’s get lunch together.”

“I thought you were meeting your family for lunch, I’m fine with eating here alone.” Chaeyeon shut her laptop close, Minhyuk shook his head and looked around the café with disdain.

“My cousin’s back in town, so it’s just us.”

“Then, go bond with her.”

“Him.”

“Do I really have to? I mean, I don’t want to see other humans today.”

“Then, what about me?” Minhyuk asked as he grabbed her laptop and purse, Chaeyeon sighed and followed him to the doors.

“Huh, brave of you to think that I see you as one.”

“This. This is exactly why they’re forcing you to get a boyfriend already. It’s this attitude.” Minhyuk pointed out as they were outside.

“I know.”

“So, don’t you ever change, okay?” Minhyuk said as he raised his fist to her, Chaeyeon smiled and bumped fists with him.

 

 

 

“Next week?” Wonho asked as they sat down, the two had arrived early at the restaurant.

“I mean, we can have all things running by then.” Shownu replied as he picked up the menu, the two men didn’t notice how most of the females within the vicinity were all sneaking glances at them.

“It should be running by then, they kind of need me back at the company too.” Wonho commented.

“I already took care of the documents; we can operate by then.” Shownu nodded back and leaned on his seat.

“I guess so, and~ Minhyuk’s here.” Wonho said distractedly, he noticed the girl walking beside him. It looked like the two were arguing as they walked, but the male was laughing.

“Whoa.” Wonho said under his breath as he looked at the girl.

“Because you’re crazy. I mean, who in the world would think that it’s a good idea to add kosher salt on a merengue pie.” Chaeyeon said as she ran her fingers through her hair.

“I read it on a magazine.”

“You read?” The girl halted, almost tripping on her heels, Minhyuk was about to argue back when he realized that the two males were staring at them.

“Hyung, this is my headache.” He announced, the girl finally turned her gaze to them. Wonho’s lips curled up before stretching one hand.

“Hello, headache.” He greeted her, the girl blinked back and Shownu shook his head to himself.

“Most days, I go with Chaeyeon, but hi.”

“Now, that sounds better.” Wonho chuckled back, Shownu stood up from his seat and pulled the chair for her.

“This is my cousin, Yeon. Shownu. Say hi. Be nice. Not everyone is immune to you.” Minhyuk stated as he sat down on his seat, his cousin glanced at him briefly.

“Shownu?” The girl repeated.

“It’s a nickname. But, nice to meet you, Chaeyeon-ssi.” Shownu said as he gestured for her to take a seat.

“Okay, thanks.” She murmured as she slowly sat down.

“You’re the friend Minhyuk mentions a lot.” Wonho said as they picked up their menus.

“I am his only friend.”

Shownu chuckled at his cousin.

“Only friend? I am the only one who can put up with you and your temper.” Minhyuk turned to her.

“They have that beef dish you like so much, let’s split it and share this seafood pasta.” Chaeyeon stated ignoring his comment, Minhyuk peered over where she was pointing and nodded.

“But, have them removed the scallops, I don’t like eating those.” He stated as he checked the drinks.

“Extra cheese sounds nice.” She said to him, Minhyuk nodded back and took the menu from her.

"Mango juice?" He asked, Chaeyeon nodded back at him.

Shownu set his menu down and looked at the two, the girl did somehow get along with his cousin.

“You’re older than him?” Chaeyeon asked, her eyes were on him, Shownu nodded back at her.

“Yes, and I’m going to assume that you two are same age friends?”

“Hah. No, but she’s rude enough not to call me oppa.” Minhyuk intervened after ordering.

“You don’t even act like it.” She shot back at him.

“I see, and to think I thought you two were a thing.” Wonho started to laugh.

“You know, she does make a lot of sense. Maybe it’s time to reflect on your actions.” Shownu said teasingly, Chaeyeon smiled back at the male before looking around them. Her brows went up, realizing that a lot of the female customers were staring at their table.

“You two aren’t supposed to gang up on me. Don’t be friends with her, hyung.” Minhyuk hissed at the older male, Chaeyeon chuckled and leaned back on her chair.

“I’ll be friends with her.” Wonho volunteered, Chaeyeon paused, stunned with his reaction but she smiled back.

“I’d love to be, but I might have to get in line first.” She said as she jutted her lips behind him, Minhyuk followed her gaze and he chuckled.

“I guess women love the body. I don’t blame them. Nice body.” Chaeyeon raised her two thumbs at him, Wonho laughed and put up one fist to her.

“You are better than Minhyuk.” He said as the girl bumped fists with him, Minhyuk rolled his eyes.

“Can we keep her?” Wonho turned to Shownu, the latter balked at his friend’s words.

“But you just met her.” Shownu said, confused. His eyes went to the girl and she was mindlessly fiddling with the strap of her watch. And then her eyes suddenly met with his, Shownu blinked and looked away.

Now, he understood why Wonho was basically starting to adore the girl.

“Stop fawning over her, she’s evil, you know.” Minhyuk stated, Chaeyeon made a face at him.

“If I’m evil, what does that make you? Lucifer?”

Shownu grinned to himself as his cousin struggled to come up with a reply.

“See, don’t trust her. She’s mean.” He said, Wonho waved him away and just beamed at Chaeyeon.

 

 

 

“Did you talk to her?”

Joori looked up from her laptop, her mother and aunt was visiting her in her office.

“A while ago, she was out.”

“Not at work?”

“No, I think she’s about to get lunch with Minhyuk oppa.” She said as she crossed her legs, she looked at the two ladies. Her mother rarely dropped by at her office, and seeing her aunt surprised her too.

“You wanted to ask about unnie?”

“Well, I heard her father has been trying to get back again. Don’t you think it’s really greedy of her?”

Joori shut her laptop close, her older cousin has always been a topic amongst the elders. Chaeyeon was just really stubborn. She refused to spend holidays with them, when she does, she only stays for a couple of hours. She didn’t really attend all the events their family went too, and the most “scandalous” of all was the fact that the girl always stayed away from them and chose not to work for her father’s corporation.

“Unnie has always done her thing, auntie. We should be used to it by now.”

“Madame Koo called me earlier, your cousin cancelled on her date again.”

Joori grimaced on her seat at the mention of the lady who arranged “dates” between young people in their circles. Joori didn’t really like her, but Chaeyeon despised the woman.

“D—Date?”

“Blind date. We set her up a few days ago, this young man came from a good family. He studied in Boston.”

“Oh, wow, unnie already hates him.” Joori said jokingly, wanting to lighten the mood.

“I mean look at her, you and your other cousins already have your significant others. What about her?”

Joori chewed on her lower lip, they were right. Her cousin was always alone, she did things by herself. She even goes to the movies on her own. To Joori, that was unspeakable, and just plain sad.

“I’ll talk to her, eomma.”

“You should, she can’t be around that Lee boy always. If he’s not going to make a move on her, he should just leave.”

“That…That I don’t think I can fix.”

 

 

 

“An auto shop?” Chaeyeon said as they stepped out of the restaurant, Minhyuk nodded back her as they went down the steps.

“That’s interesting.”

“I’ll drop you off, are you still needed at work?”

“Where do you work?” Wonho hopped to their side, Chaeyeon looked at her.

“My office is about four blocks away.”

“Office? Don’t be modest, babe. It’s a company.” Minhyuk spoke to Wonho, Shownu remained at the back, he was browsing through his phone.

“You run your own company?” Wonho said excitedly as he made the girl hook arms with him, Chaeyeon blinked at him before nodding along.

“I kind of…bailed out on my family, you still want to keep me?” She asked with a small grin, Wonho chuckled back.

“Of course. Anyone who can shush Minhyuk within seconds is welcome.” He announced, Minhyuk shook his head at the male.

“We’ll be good friends.” She said in reply.

“I have to go first,” Shownu spoke, Minhyuk nodded back at his cousin.

“It was nice to meet you, Shownu-ssi.” Chaeyeon said politely but she didn’t like the way his name sounded; the male nodded back at her. It was very awkward to say, or maybe she just needed time to adjust to it.

I shouldn’t be going around trying to correct people’s names.

Why am I such a brat?

“Son Hyunwoo. You can call me that.” Shownu said to her, as if hearing her thoughts. Or did he? Chaeyeon’s eyes widened before speaking again.

“Did I say that out loud?” She blurted out, Minhyuk eyed her warily and gently nudged her arm.

“Be nice.”

“I am nice!” She hissed back, Shownu could not help but chuckle at their exchange.

“I’ll get going then.” He said to the two, Minhyuk gave his cousin a wave before facing Chaeyeon.

“Your cousin’s nice. Normal.”

“I know. It’s weird.” Minhyuk replied as they crossed the street, the girl hooked arms with him.

“Are you okay? Did Joori say something earlier?” He asked in a soft tone, the girl chewed on her lower lip.

“She was talking about her boy toy person, and I really have nothing against it, you know.” She continued, Minyuk nodded along, letting her continue.

“But, it’s like she’s always pushing me to the same too, you know. She doesn’t say it out front but she keeps on jokingly mentions that or somehow slides a comment there. It’s…pretty annoying.” She said as they reached his car.

“You used to be deaf to that, babe.” He said as he opened the passenger seat.

“Well, if they keep on telling you about it, you’d be un-deaf to it too.”

“What do you want to do about it?”

“Make it go away, please.” She puffed her cheeks before sliding into the car, Minhyuk tilted his head, sensing his friend's discomfort.

“I’ll come up with something.” He winked at her, Chaeyeon shuddered back at him.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++