The word "No!" (YeJu)

ONESHOTS GFRIEND

5 years.

- Hi, my name is Yerin, but everyone's name is Yennie. What are you name?

- Yuna, but my mother calls me Yuju.

- I like you, Yuju, let's date.

- No.

- Why? - whining, tightly clutching a plush chicken.

- Girls don't meet.

- Meet! My moms are dating!

- I will not meet with you.

 

7 years old .

- Yuju! Wait for me!

- What do you want?

- You did not answer my question?

- No.

- But…

- I'm tired of repeating to you that girls do not meet and do not marry each other.

- But my mothers ...

- They are an exception to the rule.

- So ... - Yennie was delighted.

- So no, -  Yuju said flatly.

 

9 years

- Yuju, I've already arranged everything - happily ran up to the sitting girl Yennie.

- No.

- But you didn't even let me tell you, - Yennie pouted, sitting down next to the bench, looking at the book that Yuju was reading with a smile.

- If it’s about what I’m thinking, then immediately“ no ”, - Yuju replied calmly, turning the page of the book.

- I talked to your parents and ...

- You did ... what? - Yuju shouted, looking threateningly at the smiling girl.

- I talked to your mom. She said she would think about it.

- Yuju! - called Yuju's mother, she, without saying goodbye, ran up to the woman.

- Mom, do not listen to her, she does not understand what she is talking about - Yuju said quickly, the woman just smiled, quietly so that Yerin would not hear, said:

- Don't worry, I understand. Soon, Yerin will understand too, just a little more patience.

- Yuju! Mama! See you tomorrow, yelled Yerin, happily waving at her friend.

- See you, Yerin! - said goodbye to Yuju's mother, who was also very reluctant.

 

12 years

- Yuju, Yuju, you heard, heard - breathless from a fast run, one of the classmates ran up to the black-haired girl.

- Hm? - without raising her head from the textbook, she asked.

- Your girlfriend got into a fight again! - said a classmate excitedly.

- She’s not my girlfriend, - Yuju corrected her as usual. - Besides, I don't care.

- She had a fight with a guy who confessed his love to you yesterday. Ah, she was so cool, now only talk, so the reason - ignoring the words of Yuju, she shared the news.

- No other news? Yuju asked not interested.

- No.

- I see, thanks for reporting.

"And you don't wonder if your girlfriend is still alive or not?"

- No. Plus, I can see for myself that Yerin is safe - pointing to the happily bouncing girl who left school. - Sorry, I have to go - hurriedly packed my things, ran away.

- EunBi, where is Yuju? I saw you with her.

- She urgently needed to leave ...

- I see, then maybe you want to come with me for a snack? - Yerin asked, waving somewhere to the side.

- With you? - the girl blushed, starting to fidget.

- Yeah, today is the last day when you can eat for free. I have offered Yuju many times but have always been turned down. I'm hungry, let's go - I took it by the wrist and dragged it along.

EunBi's loving heart beat faster, sharply feeling Yerin's soft fingers on his wrist.

Maybe I should try to take a step? Yuju is not interested in her, but I ... Should I try? "

 

14 years old

- Yuju! Yuju! Let's go on a date! - the whole school yard shouted Jung Yerin, the favorite of the whole school. She was standing near the school gates, next to her was EunBi, another beauty of the school with a sweet voice, after whom the boys ran in droves (girls also confessed their love).

Choi Yuju, a mysterious girl, the best student and sportswoman, was just talking to a tall girl, the president of the school, Kim Sojong (Sowon). They were affectionately called "Tall-line" at school. She paid no attention to Yerin's scream and calmly talked to Sowon.

- Yennie, what we talked about yesterday ... - EunBi nudged her elbow when the girl's words did not reach the addressee.

- We discussed a lot yesterday, EunBi - scratched the back of Yerin's head, remembering yesterday.

- But mainly we talked about Yuju,” EunBi hinted again. - In particular, that it is necessary to apply a different approach.

- Oh yes! Yerin exclaimed, nodding her head, drawing air into her lungs to turn to Yuju again, only with other words: - Yuju, you are so beautiful today, my heart flutters when it sees you! Your beauty blinds me every day!

Yuju stopped what Sowon was saying, turned to the walking Yerin, looked at her sternly, said coldly:

- If you like me so, don’t embarrass me every time you see me. Stop screaming my name every single day!

- But how can I stop my heart. I want to reach out to you, Yuju.

- You annoy me, Yerin.

- Why am I annoying you? I'm just telling you about my feelings and I don't expect anything in return. For now, you only need to get used to words, and in the future, she dreamily lifted her eyes to the top, folded her hands in front of her chest, and went into her fantasies. When Yerin woke up to find herself standing alone with the girls, Yuju was gone. - Well, she ran away from me again. Fight, Yennie, you will succeed!

- Maybe it's time for you to surrender, unnie? - Shaking her head at her inspired friend, asked (knowing the answer very well) EunBi.

- SinB, how can you ask me that? Ah - she exclaimed theatrically - you hurt my heart! Yuju for me is the best and most beloved, I will never give up on her.

 

15 years.

- Yuju, why are you holding hands with him? - sobbing whispered with pain in her voice Yerin, when, turning the corner of the school gate, she saw a couple walking far ahead. She happily ran to catch up with her beloved, not paying much attention to the guy walking next to her, their friend from the parallel class. But upon reaching, her eyes noticed something that should not be, namely, the contact of the shoulders and the intertwining of the fingers of the man's hand with the hand of Yuju.

Sowon's words of yesterday came to my mind:

- Look carefully, Yennie, if a guy is holding a girl's hand, then this is the first step towards “couples”.

- So if I hold Yuju's hand, it can be considered a "couple"? - Eyes widening, Yerin asked excitedly.

“Um, yes, I guess. Only if you hold hands you have a mutual desire.

- I realized! We will definitely have a mutual desire. Tomorrow, let's start our plan to join hands with Yuju! Thank you Sowon-unnie, I knew I could ask you anything!

- What a stupid question, Yerin-unnie, - Yuju said coldly, defiantly squeezing the guy’s hand in hers. - He invited me to meet, I agreed. This is what "couples" do.

- "Couples"? But I thought that we ... - trailed off at the word, then bowed her head, pouted, retreated: - I understood, forgive me for distracting you, Yuju. I will not distract from the date - she smiled sadly, or rather squeezed out a smile from Yerin.

- I'm glad that you understand this, but now I'm sorry, we still have plans. Bye, Yennie - Yuju said goodbye, without even looking in her direction, dragged the guy behind her.

 

16 years

- Hey, you! Yerin shouted to the entire schoolyard, half looking out of the second floor window.

- Yennie, get down, you can fall - holding the girl tightly by the waist, whispering SinB.

- He’s not worth your life, you idiot! - shouted Sowon, also keeping the girl from falling from the second floor.

- Who is she calling? The whole school whispered softly, looking out for potential victim Jung Yerin.

- Let me go, I must stand up for the honor of my beloved Yuju! Hey Park Shin Joon! How dare you leave my Yuju! Just get caught by me, I'll arrange it for you! - threatened, waving her arms, trying to get out and chase the pest Yerin.

Yuju sat next to her, hiding behind an open notebook, red with embarrassment.

- Enough, Yennie, how many times have you been told that it was a mutual decision. We both decided so - wearily squeezing the bridge of her nose, Yuju said, annoyed by her friend's behavior.

- All the same, he had no right to leave you. It was you who should have been the first to tell him that you do not love him, you never did, and you were with him because of me.

- Because of you? - arched an eyebrow, then hurriedly said: - No, don't, don't say ... - but it was too late, Yerin blossomed, a happy smile widened (some in the class even saw a halo over the girl's head), dreamily whispered:

- Because of me, because you love me since childhood. Over time, your love became more romantic and now, you ... - Yerin did not have time to finish her inspired speech, as the very notebook behind which Yuju was hiding flew into her. - Ouch! For what, Yuju! It's true!

 

17 years

- Wow, Yuju, I thought you were the most beautiful girl in the world, but look at the new one! She is just like a princess from a fairy tale! Wow, Yuju, our gazes crossed. My heart is about to jump out of my chest - whispered in the ear of her friend Yerin, without taking her admiring glance from the transferred student.

- If you like her that much, then get to know her, - Yuju said simply with an exasperated shrug.

- You're right, Yuju! Wish me luck! - Without waiting for an answer, Yerin got up and walked over to Miyu Mina, with a stupid smile on her face.

Yuju watched gloomily as Yerin shyly shifted on his feet, folded his arms behind his back, timidly saying his name. Her voice became an octave quieter, her features softened, her smile became tender. You don't see such a Yerin often, and if you could see it, it was only next to Yuju.

I would be glad, but why am I so sad?

 

18 years

- Yuju!

The girl threw her head up, turned around with a smile on her lips, expecting to see Jung Yerin, but instead she walked towards her Jung EunBi. The smile faded by itself, though not for long, then came back again.

- You're late, EunHa.

- I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but I'm already here, shall we go?

- Are we not going to wait, Yerin-unnie?

- No, she wrote to me that she was meeting with Mina, so she will come later - took her friend's arm, said EunBi, pretending not to see how her face stretched at the mention of the name “Mina”.

...

- Yuju! Yuju, how much longer do you have left? The voice asked quietly, carefully sitting down next to him on a chair in the library. - We're all going home.

- I almost finished, Yerin-unnie - yawning, Yuju said, looking up from the page of the textbook to find SinB and next to her. - Sorry, I thought ...

- Excuse me, I forgot to tell you that Yerin-unnie warned in advance that she would study at Mina's house.

- I have a little more, there are a couple of pages left, and I'll leave - she bit her lower lip, turning away.

...

- Yuju, look, look, me and Mina have the same score! Of course - Yerin whispered to her in secret - Mina was distracting with her presence, but I still managed. I’m great, right?

- Well done, unnie - ignoring Mina's name, praised Yuju's learning efforts. - Do you think we can celebrate ...

-I’ll go and boast to Mina — a moment and disappeared.

-… Let's celebrate together… Probably not, - Yuju finished her sentence, collecting study materials in her bag, throwing her belt over her shoulder, quietly leaving the class.

Walking down the crowded corridor, Yuju still expected Yerin-unnie to run after her and, as usual (before Miyu Mina's arrival) would pester her.

But she had already gone down to the first floor, had already gone to the lockers, changed her shoes, went outside the school, Yerin-unnie did not call out to her like that.

I so wanted her to lag behind me, but now that my desire has come true, why am I so eager to see her next to me?

What's wrong with me?

 

19 years

I haven't heard my name in Jung Yerin's spoken voice for a year, two weeks, 14 hours with a few minutes and lean seconds.

I miss her.

Why doesn't she call me, because our houses are very close?

I often see her running out of the house, I often hear her voice discussing something with her parents, I often see her with Miyu Mina.

Are they still together?

Still?

I do not know.

I could ask my friends, but I'm afraid to ask.

What a coward I am ...

 

20 years.

Jung Yerin has moved.

I have lost contact with her.

But I know that the rest of our friends are still in touch with her.

Letters from her are scarce, there is almost no information about her life.

The only thing I know for sure is that Miyu Mina is no longer in her life.

Perhaps, if, that is, when I meet her and find out that she is still free, then ...

If she still feels something for me, then ...

Although not that she can feel something for me, because ...

Don't be so indecisive, Choi Yuna! Stop mumbling! You've never been like this, so why are you acting like this now?

If there is such a chance to meet Jung Yerin again, then I will not pass up my chance to get to know her again, get to know her better.

And if there is such a possibility that our feelings will be mutual, instead of "no", I will say "yes" all the time.