Nine

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, hello ^^

if you read the new chapter of Could You Stay?, you already know why I’m updating today. if not, I can say that I had some health problems and so I was unable to update these two stories. I won't update this week, because I have blood test to do, but in the first week of August everything goes back to what it was before - but if I delay updates, the reason is that I went to the doctor.

another thing I would like to say is that I don't know if I will post only 20 chapters in this story. as I have everything planned, I want to write as many chapters as my heart tells me to write, because I love the whole thing about writing about eunhae having a family and stuff. I find it very cute *-*

I hope you like this chapter - it was supposed to be about Arrow's birthday, but ended up I wrote Donghae having a moment with his son. Also, for my lovely Jimbam who has this bearded Hyukjae thing in common with me and asked if he would be bearded here, well... it's done haha

see you <3

Arrow pouted when he felt something cold touch his chest and looked at Sungmin who heard his heartbeat. He looked around and was almost crying when he saw Donghae close by. Arrow relaxed and smiled at his dad who his hair and tapped his nose.

That was a routine appointment, but Donghae had no help from Hyukjae that day because his ex-boyfriend had to travel after being invited to be part of a cooking show. Obviously dealing with Arrow's bitter mood because his appa hasn't been visiting him in the past few weeks was a difficult thing, but Donghae even managed to do well.

- Ah! Here we have a baby with a good heartbeat. – Sungmin said and smiled at Arrow who sat on the stretcher with Donghae’s help – And you get a sticker on your files. – he took a card and showed colored stickers to the baby who clapped his hands – How about a rainbow? – and as Arrow continued to smile, Sungmin laughed and put the rainbow sticker on his file – Great. Now we have to know what are your height and your weight. Come on?

Donghae carried Arrow and took him to the beam scale for Sungmin to know his weight and then measure his height. And after making sure that everything was fine, the pediatrician let the brown-haired man carry his son again and sat down to take notes.

- Is everything okay, Sungmin?

- Of course! Arrow is as healthy as the last time. What has he done on a daily basis?

- Usually Arrow plays with the ball we gave him and he even tried to stand, but he fell several times and gave up. For now he just crawls.

- Do you try to make Arrow walk towards you?

- I think he's scared. Arrow stands up and I clap, but he ends up putting his hands on the floor and crawling over to me. I was wondering if I should buy a baby walker.

- Um... I don't recommend it, but you can buy it if you want. Many pediatricians think this can harm the baby, but I just think you should try to let him walk without the help of a baby walker. You and Hyu...

- Don't say his name. – Donghae's eyes widened and Sungmin laughed – That guy is traveling and Arrow hasn't seen him since last week when they saw each other over the video call, so he got in a hell of a mood because he misses p-a-p-a.

- Okay... You and that guy can hold Arrow's hands and encourage him to walk. However, if you think he can't walk, I can refer him to a colleague who is going to do the exams to see if he is okay.

Donghae nodded and said:

- I would also like to know about his teeth too. Arrow drooled a lot in the last week and had a fever two days ago. I was very worried.

Sungmin put on his gloves and walked over, opening Arrow's mouth to examine his teeth and gums. The baby tried to pull away and whimpered, but then he was calm because his dad was still there and he felt he was protected.

- Since Arrow is almost a year old, his teeth will appear more and more. It was probably just a discomfort because his teeth are showing.

- And will he have a fever again?

- If it happens, I ask you to come here. Maybe Arrow is like this too because he misses a-p-p-a. Did you notice a change in behavior in him?

- Yes. When that guy traveled, Arrow didn't notice anything strange. He only noticed after two days, because H-y-u-k-j-a-e didn’t come to visit him. Arrow waited for several days and started to cry because he didn't know where a-p-p-a was.

- So he called him? – Donghae nodded and Sungmin tapped his chin – Arrow already knows who you are and that is why you are not saying the name?

- Yes. He knows that I am dada and the other is p-a-p-a.

- Arrow is really observant in that respect and I am happy for that. – they smiled – But do this: if he has fever again, I want you to come with Arrow to the hospital. We need to make sure he is like this because his teeth are growing or if he is just missing Hyukjae.

At that moment Arrow stopped poking the plane stamped on his coat and said:

- Papa? Papa, dada!

Donghae laughed, kissed Arrow's forehead and said:

- We'll try to talk to him later. – and he was relieved when his son was distracted with his own feet at that moment.

- I’m sorry. – Sungmin said when Arrow spoke again pope – I didn't want to cause a problem.

- You didn't cause any problems. I'll just have to call his appa and they'll talk.

Sungmin nodded and said:

- Well, I won't take your time anymore. Arrow is doing very well and I am happy to know that he likes vegetables and fruits. Keep making him use his teeth, but always remembering to cut his food leaving very small pieces so he doesn't choke. Does he just drink water or do you let him drink juice too?

- Orange and lemon juice. I tried to include apples, but he hates apples and I think he will never like apples.

- Well, he's a very healthy baby and that's a good thing. Just keep doing the usual and encourage him to walk too. In addition, I have nothing more to say.

Donghae nodded and stood up, shaking hands with Sungmin and saying:

- Let's say goodbye to Sungmin, Arrow. And we will thank you too. – Donghae held Arrow's little hand and made him wave to Sungmin who laughed and said:

- You deserve a dinosaur, so... – he took a small toy from the drawer and gave it to the baby who looked curiously – See you in January.

- Okay. And I think somebody’s dad will come with us until then. But thank you very much, Sungmin. See you in January.

And with that Donghae left the office with Arrow playing with his hair while keeping his head on his shoulder. As there were no taxis nearby, he called an Uber and decided it would be better to go to Scarecrow for lunch. He felt much safer there, as he could ask one of the cooks to heat up Arrow's food – and there would also be no one asking inappropriate questions.

Then, after getting into the car, he looked at Arrow who was holding the dinosaur and rocking it from side to side. Donghae talked to the driver and then thanked her when they finally arrived at the restaurant. And after giving her the money, he got out of the car and got into Scarecrow, laughing as soon as Heechul saw him and ran towards him to play with Arrow who was already waving his arms.

- What a pleasant surprise! – Heechul pecked Arrow's cheek and hugged Donghae – Are you guys okay?

- Yes. We came for lunch.

- Okay! I'm going to get the baby chair.

Donghae nodded and placed the bag on the table. He took a bowl out of there and Arrow was happy because he knew it was time to eat – and he was hungry, since he couldn't eat properly that morning because he was too weepy.

- We are going to eat, but drink water. – Donghae handed the bottle to Arrow and he happily drank water – You are very precious, you know? – he took the cell phone and sent a message to Hyukjae – Now just wait.

Donghae sighed and took the bottle because Arrow started to play and wet his coat. Fortunately, he always went out with extra clothes in his bag, so he changed his son's coat and sat him on the chair as soon as Heechul returned with a waiter to take his order.

- Good afternoon, Donghae-ssi. Good afternoon, Arrow. – the waiter smiled – Are you ready to order or would you like more time?

- I think I'll order now. – Donghae looked at the menu and said – Chicken sandwich and pineapple juice, please. And I also want chocolate truffles with peanuts, please.

- Okay. What about the baby?

- I need his food to be heated. – Donghae handed the bowl to Heechul who said:

- I'll be back soon.

Donghae thanked and looked at the cell phone that started to ring. It was a video call and it didn't take long for Hyukjae to appear on the screen with a happy smile on his face. And if it wasn't enough to make Donghae's heart pound, he saw his ex-boyfriend with his hair tied and his beard to shave. It was the first time that he saw Hyukjae like this and he had to admit – to himself – that he liked it very much.

- Hello, Donghae.

And just hearing that voice, Arrow looked at the cell phone.

- Papa! – and raised an eyebrow when he saw his appa on the cell phone screen – No...

Donghae laughed and said:

- It's your appa, Arrow. He's just different.

Arrow pouted and whimpered because he saw nothing of his appa on that man on the screen. Hyukjae then laughed and said:

- You saw me last week and you don't remember my face? – and as the baby didn't seem convinced, Donghae decided to encourage the conversation:

- Let's tell your appa what you did today, Arrow.

Arrow was still looking at Hyukjae who said:

- What did you do today? Appa is curious to know. – and so he saw the dinosaur in Arrow's hand – Did you get a dinosaur?

The baby looked at Donghae who said:

- We went to the doctor today and Sungmin gave Arrow a dinosaur.

- Oh! Really? I totally forgot about this consultation. I even marked it on my calendar, but... – Hyukjae sighed – How's Arrow doing?

- He is fine. Sungmin said his height and weight are good as well as his heart rate. He also checked Arrow's teeth because he drooled a lot last week and...

As Donghae hesitated, Hyukjae raised an eyebrow.

- What happened?

- Ah... I don't want you to be worried, because Arrow is already fine.

- What happened, Donghae? I'm already worried.

Donghae sighed and said:

- He had a fever two days ago and Sungmin asked me to make sure it was because of his teeth or if Arrow just misses you. – at that moment Donghae saw Hyukjae frown and sigh when he looked at Arrow who was still looking at him curiously – I know you had to travel, but you don't have to run here. He is fine.

Hyukjae sighed a third time and said:

- I'll be back soon. If I had known that such a thing would happen, I would have stayed there.

- But we don't even know if it was the fact that you traveled that made Arrow have a fever.

- Anyway, he still needs me, doesn't he? I can't be away that way and this is all...

- It's not your fault. – Donghae interrupted because he knew Hyukjae was going to start blaming himself when it wasn’t his fault – It happened and I took care of him. When you get back, Arrow will be very happy, won't he, baby? – he smiled at Arrow who looked at him and smiled – Smile like that for your appa before his hair falls out.

Arrow looked at Hyukjae, who made a funny face, and just then the boy recognized him and ended up giggle.

- Wanna papa! – he opened and closed his little hand to Hyukjae who laughed and said:

- Glad you recognized me. And if you can wait another week, I promise I'll get there and fill you w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter