Twenty-eight

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arrow was concentrating on getting the dance moves right without really looking at Aisha and making sure he wasn't about to step on his own feet. But then he went down when he took a spin. Aisha widened her eyes and quickly helped him while Donghae worried because it was a bad fall.

But Arrow managed to compose himself and got to his feet for the spin, which this time went very well. Namazzi smiled, looked at Donghae and said:

- You're still new to this thing about being a dancer's parent. They always fall, but they get up and try again.

- It's just that Arrow is too small. I don't know how to be a dancer's parent. – Donghae admitted and Namazzi laughed – How can you do this?

- I think being a model for so long helped me deal with it. When I fell, I got up and tried again. Aisha is like that. She may slip, but she doesn't give up. And little Arrow is like that too. He doesn't really like to give up on things.

The brown-haired man chuckled.

- That's true. Arrow gives up absolutely nothing. – Donghae sighed – Ah! You guys are invited to his birthday.

- Oh, thank you. – she smiled – When is Arrow's birthday?

- On the 31st of October. He was born right on Halloween.

- It must have been emotional for you in the hospital that day.

- Well, I wasn't in costume. But Hyukjae arrived at the hospital dressed as a vampire and had to change his clothes because he didn't want Arrow to see him so scary.

- It makes sense. And does Arrow have something in mind?

- This year he wants a costume party and will dress up as a werewolf. I have no idea how this is going to happen, but we're probably going to have to find someone to do makeup and...

- I would love to help you.

- Do you know how to do this type of makeup?

Namazzi then showed her lower arm and there was a tattoo of The Lord of the Rings there – Donghae was particularly interested.

- Before I became a model, I used to do makeup on my friends who liked geek events. Lots of orcs and hobbits, you know? – she smiled when the brown-haired man nodded – And I would love to help Arrow transform into a little werewolf. You don't even have to pay me.

- Oh, Namazzi. Thank you very much. – Donghae smiled widely – It would have been so difficult to find someone and Arrow's birthday is coming soon.

- Oh, you know... I like you a lot. – she smiled – I just need to know if Arrow has any allergies.

- So far only blue cheese.

- Then he'll love the transformation. And by the way, is Arrow staying with you this weekend?

- Yes. Why?

- Come have lunch with us at my house. Aisha has already made so many plans to play with Arrow. And Jeongho and I are going to love talking to you.

- And when would this lunch be?

- Is Sunday okay with you?

- Sure. I have to go out with Arrow and Hyukjae on Saturday because we are going to choose the decorations for the party. Then we still have to plan the sweets, cake and snacks.

- Looks like Arrow wins wild parties.

Donghae laughed and had to agree.

- He's a cool kid. You will see how many friends he has.

Namazzi smiled and so the two continued to watch the children dancing ballet. Arrow was now much more focused and seemed to have a lot more fun as he did the spin. They did a few more dance steps and Mikyong congratulated them and said she was very proud. This was the third class, but everyone was already making progress.

The children practiced a few more steps until Mikyong ended the class and waved at everyone who was going to meet their parents. Arrow and Aisha were bouncing towards Donghae and Namazzi and smiled as they sat down to change their shoes.

- You did very well. – Namazzi praised them and the children were happy – I'm very proud.

- Thanks, Namazzi-ssi.

- Thank you, omma. – Aisha stood up – Omma already called you to lunch at our house, Donghae-ssi?

- Oh, yeah. I even took the opportunity and invited you to Arrow's birthday.

Arrow's eyes sparkled and he took Aisha's hands.

- We'll have cake that daddy makes and there'll also be sweets and my appa will make a bunch of sandwiches in the shape of a spider.

Aisha giggled.

- Spiders? Why?

- Because I want a party like the one appa does at the restaurant, but appa never lets me go.

- Because you're not old enough to go. – Donghae explained – And we're both going to lunch at Aisha's house on Sunday.

At that moment Aisha and Arrow jumped for joy and started chattering about Sunday. Donghae and Namazzi laughed and the brown-haired man felt very relieved to see that his son wasn't upset about what happened a few days ago. It was a wonderful feeling.

***

After Arrow and Aisha played until they couldn't take it anymore, they left. Luckily Namazzi took them home and Donghae was never so grateful. Ordering a car by app is not at all economical, but the brown-haired man was far from approaching a vehicle to drive.

But as soon as they arrived, Donghae thanked them for the ride and waved to mother and daughter who waved and said they couldn't wait for Sunday lunch. With that, Arrow said he was very excited and so waved before bouncing up to the front door.

Donghae opened the door, Arrow kicked off his shoes and chuckled when Ghost approached meowing and looking for affection.

- Can I watch TV, daddy?

- Yes, but you don't want to shower first? I can make a nice snack later. You love eating popcorn under the covers.

Arrow giggled and agreed to shower. Ghost followed him around the house and so Donghae grabbed the towel for the little one who was already choosing his pajamas for the night – and since Arrow was interested in werewolves, he had a shirt with a wolf print (a gift from Heechul).

So, Donghae gave Arrow a bath and took the opportunity to wash his hair. The brown-haired man knew that he needed to take his son to get a haircut, but he also knew that Arrow had his phases and now he wanted to have long hair like Yesung's. And after the shower, Donghae helped Arrow who thanked his father and went into the living room after putting on his pajamas and putting on his fluffy slippers. He sat down on the couch and covered himself with his blanket that had a cat print on it.

But Donghae wanted to talk to Arrow about Kangin who would be arriving in three hours to say goodbye.

- Are you comfortable, little tiger?

- Yea! – he smiled and looked at his father who sat on the couch – Can you make me hot chocolate, daddy? Please.

- Yes, but first I want to talk to you about something.

Arrow looked at Donghae curiously and was afraid to hear that Yunseo was still part of his life. Then he hugged his father and pouted, then closed his eyes.

- Is it Yunseo, daddy?

- What? No. – Donghae hugged Arrow and kissed his forehead – Yunseo isn’t with your appa anymore.

- Ah...

- What I want to tell you is about Kangin. – and so he put Arrow on the couch and covered him again with the blanket – Kangin needs to travel to Thailand.

- Again?

- Again, but this time he's going to live there.

- And are we going too? I do not want to go.

- We're not going, little tiger. We're staying here because dad and Kangin aren't dating anymore.

- No?

- No. And today he comes here to say goodbye to you and then to halmeoni.

- But... – Arrow pouted – Will we never see Kangin again?

- We can see him, but he won't sleep here in our house like he used to. We're not going out like we used to. You understand? – the little one nodded, although he didn't understand that well. All he knew was that Kangin was leaving – And I know you like him a lot, so you want to make a really cute and colorful card?

- I want to make two cards.

- Then I'll get the papers and the crayons.

Arrow nodded and sat up. He was a little sad to know that Kangin was leaving and maybe not coming back. Kangin, despite not having the same role as Hyukjae, always treated the little one well. He always played with Arrow, bought ice cream, bought toys or even some coats that the boy wanted. Kangin was always around and made them laugh and somehow protected them. Arrow didn't want Kangin to leave.

- Why is Kangin leaving, daddy? – Arrow asked when Donghae sat on the couch – Is he sad?

- No, baby. He just needs to work in another country. – the brown-haired man kissed his son's forehead and smiled – Do you want help to make the card or can I make your popcorn?

- I want the popcorn.

- So make the cards while I make your snack.

Arrow nodded, thanked and began to color. Despite his young age, he was very talented and made very good drawings – his teacher even commented to Hyukjae and Donghae that Arrow proved himself to be an excellent artist and that they should encourage him more and more to use his creativity.

- Daddy? – Arrow looked at Donghae who placed the bowl with popcorn and the cup with hot chocolate on the table – Can you help me write my name?

- Sure. Do you want me to help you hold the crayons or do you want me to say you if your name is right?

- Just say my name.

Donghae looked at Arrow and smiled. He was almost four years old, but there he was looking like a little older boy who already knew how to write his name in Korean and in English – he just needed to know if he was doing it right. But after the cards were ready, Arrow handed them to Donghae who placed them in a place where Ghost wouldn't snoop.

Arrow then held his cup and started drinking the hot chocolate and eating the popcorn. Donghae put a movie for his son to watch and sat on the couch. He didn't have much to do as the house was clean and Ghost had food and water in his bowls. Arrow was already showered and would take a nap at some point to wake up before dinner.

The old routine.

And right in the middle of the movie Arrow fell asleep. Donghae didn't want to take him off the couch, so he just took the bowl that still had popcorn and also the empty cup. He just made the little one a little more comfortable – and even grabbed another blanket because Arrow's nose and cheeks were a little pink from the cold – and lay down on the other couch to watch TV.

But while watching a movie, Donghae heard his phone ringing and quickly answered it so as not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter