Fifteen

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, hello :)

I came back and I want to say I’m glad I came back I hope you guys keep following (and please comment *-*) this story because it will come to an end as will my "career" as a fanfic author - that said, I have two new fanfics (this one and this one) for you to read and I hope you like them ^^

and I also wanted to say that I named Donghae's mother "Ari" 

anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter ^^

see you <3

There was a mixture of emotions when Hyukjae arrived at the office and sat down to wait for Donghae to arrive with Arrow.

He was sad and anxious, but he was also scared. Hyukjae didn't know what those consultations could result and then came the fear of losing Arrow. He blamed himself a lot for letting the situation get to the point it did, but he hoped to fix things so that his son would go back to being the child he was.

- Papa!

Hyukjae heard Arrow's voice and smiled as he stood up and walked over to his son who released Donghae's hand and ran towards his appa. He hugged the boy and kissed his forehead, closing his eyes as the little boy giggled and hugged him too.

- Hey, Hyukjae.

Hyukjae looked at Donghae and waved, but thought it best to say something when Arrow looked at him and there was that fear in his little eyes that his parents would scream.

- Hello, Donghae. How are you?

- So-so. I think I'm just trying to figure it out. – he sighed and smiled – Are you okay?

- I'm feeling the same way as you. – and he looked at Arrow who was now playing with his appa's necklace – I think we should say we're here.

Donghae nodded and went to the reception with Hyukjae beside him as he carried Arrow. They announced that they were there for the appointment and waited for about eight minutes until a woman opened the door and smiled when she looked at them and called to enter. She let them in and said:

- Good morning. You must be Lee Hyukjae and Lee Donghae, right? – they nodded and she looked at Arrow – And what's your name?

- Arrow!

- Oh! What a cool name. And you speak your name like a big kid already. – she sat down and asked the parents – Does he have a Korean name?

- Yes – Donghae said – His name is Lee Jiwoon.

- But you can call him Arrow. – Hyukjae said as he watched Arrow staring at the room with curiosity – He is more used to being called Arrow.

She nodded and looked at Arrow again when he looked at her.

- And how old are you? – he showed two little fingers and she smiled – You are a very smart little boy. – she smiled and looked at his parents – Well, I'm Lee Jangmi and I've been working with children for twelve years. Arrow's teacher told me what was going on, but I'd like to hear from you what happened for us to be here today.

They sighed and Donghae pursed his lips as his eyes filled with tears. He tried not to cry, as Arrow looked at him with a worried expression, and felt Hyukjae's hand caress his back. Jangmi waited until they were ready and realized how Arrow was similar to his parents in a way she had never seen before. And it wasn't even the first time she'd dealt with a case like this.

- Do you want me to speak? – Hyukjae asked and Donghae nodded as he carried and hugged Arrow – Well, we fought for a very silly reason in front of Arrow and ended up screaming.

- Was this the first time this happened?

- Yes. We had a troubled relationship, but we broke up and four months later came this news that we would have a child. We talked and understood each other, so I was by Donghae's side the whole time and we never fought. But recently it happened and it triggered something we didn't want.

- And Arrow felt, as the dynamic between you changed. – they nodded and Jangmi looked at Arrow who was on the floor again snooping around – And how is Arrow on a daily basis?

As only Donghae could answer this question, Hyukjae let him speak:

- Before the fight, Arrow was always chattering and playing with the cat we have at home. He was very sociable too and wouldn't stop smiling and giggling. – he took a deep breath when he felt the tears welling up in his eyes – I'm sorry…

Hyukjae pursed his lips and Jangmi said as she handed Donghae a tissue:

- This is a very complicated situation and I understand what you are feeling, but I am here to help you. And I would like to have a little chat with Arrow if you would allow me.

Hyukjae and Donghae looked at each other and nodded, standing up and looking at Arrow who looked at them with an arched eyebrow. He saw his parents waving and then leaving the room, and pouted because he thought they were leaving, but then he was reassured when he saw them on the other side of the glass waving happily at him.

- Do you think this might work? – Hyukjae asked as he watched Jangmi sit with Arrow at the table and start talking to him – I hope it works.

Donghae nodded and hugged his body.

- I'm afraid that Arrow has become aggressive because of us. I know we didn't fight violently in front of him, but... – he sniffed – I wanted to go back in time and not try to talk to you in front of him.

- And I wanted to go back in time to fix absolutely everything. – Hyukjae looked at Donghae who had red eyes and nose. He sighed and said as he put his hands in his jacket pockets – My mom said maybe the teacher overreacted to Arrow's aggression in our fight, since kids, even his age, fight over silly things. Teresa even told me that a niece had her cheek bitten as a child because another child wanted what she had.

Donghae sighed and looked at Arrow who at that moment was talking intently with Jangmi showing dolls that probably represented his parents. He then looked at Hyukjae and said:

- If that's the case, we just need to talk to Arrow so he doesn't keep hitting his buddies. – and as Hyukjae just agreed, Donghae thought it best to tell him what he decided to do – I made an appointment with a psychologist named Eleanor Kim. Your mother was talking to me yesterday and referred me to this doctor.

Hyukjae nodded.

- You do well to talk to her. I already went to the office for a chat.

- And is she good?

- Yes. I talked to her when I was a teenager, but I believe that Dr. Kim will be able to help you a lot.

- And do you still talk to her?

- No. Nowadays I almost don't have time for myself, so I ended up neglecting my personal life a little. – Hyukjae looked at Arrow who looked sad pointing to one of the stuffed dolls – I have so much to apologize to him and to you too.

Donghae arched an eyebrow.

- To me? Why?

Hyukjae sighed and looked at Donghae. He so wanted to be able to lift his hand and caress the brown-haired man's face, dry his cheeks and then kiss him on the forehead like he used to do when they had a relationship.

Although...

They didn't have a relationship.

They only had fragments of something that looked like it would take a long time to fix before they could both fully understand each other without trying to hurt the other.

But Hyukjae didn’t answer the question Donghae had asked.

And Donghae realized this.

However, not really wanting to bring it up, they ended up being silent for a while. For some people that silence could be awkward, suffocating, but for Hyukjae and Donghae it was a good way to at least not screw it up with some sentence that would be said at the wrong time. Also, they were there for Arrow and they got to their feet as soon as Jangmi opened the door and called out to them.

They then entered the room and laughed as Arrow ran towards them and wrapped one arm around Donghae's leg while the other was around Hyukjae's leg. The parents looked and smiled at each other. It was a genuine moment.

- Well, I can say that our conversation was very productive, isn't it, Arrow? – Jangmi smiled at Arrow who also smiled and took a stuffed animal and showed it to his parents.

- How cute, baby. – Donghae said and laughed when he saw his son bringing another stuffed animal – What is this?

- Papa.

Hyukjae narrowed his eyes and saw that Arrow was carrying a monkey and a stuffed fish. He had no idea how his young son made this comparison, but he ended up laughing because…Well, it was cute.

- So appa is the monkey and daddy is the fish?

- Yea! Little monkey and little fish.

They chuckled and let Arrow play with the other toys that were there. Hyukjae and Donghae then looked at Jangmi who sighed and said:

- I know you are eager to know how my conversation with Arrow went and I can say that he is very observant and likes to talk a lot. He represented the two of you as these stuffed animals while he was that bear that's in his little hand. Arrow, in his own way, expresses himself in a way he wants you guys to understand. When I asked about the daycare center, he put the teddy bear to one side and said his friends play with play dough and he doesn't.

- And is he hitting the kids for that?

- No. Actually, Arrow just wants things done his way, but he doesn't know how to express himself and ends up hitting his little friends. I think the teacher exaggerated when she related this event to the fight you had in front of him. Maybe you just have to talk to him and explain that you shouldn't hit people.

At this point Hyukjae and Donghae managed to breathe a sigh of relief, as they couldn't stand the idea of ​​Arrow becoming aggressive because they fought in front of the child. But Jangmi wasn't finished yet:

- And we talked a little about the fight you had in front of him.

- What did he say?

- Arrow was upset when I asked him about the day you guys yelled. Obviously I have a way of asking questions, but here I am being

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter