Fifty-eight

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*mention of the pandemic

~*~

Since Yesung and Ryeowook didn't have the chance to have a wedding party, Donghae had the brilliant idea to celebrate right after Arrow's birthday. As it was the middle of November, Hyukjae bought the meat to make a delicious barbecue. Everyone was invited and the couple was very happy that their friends were so attentive.

Hyukjae grilled meat on the barbecue grill while Donghae made a salad with roasted vegetables. The children played and Yesung was happy that Heechul brought little Wookie to the party. After all, the child should have attended the wedding in September.

- Thank you very much for the party, Hae. – said Ryeowook while helping Donghae with the food – It's been really fun spending this time at your house.

- I did my best for you to have your party. Maybe it's not what you dream of, but I want you to know that my intentions were good. – the brunet smiled – Hyukjae is very happy to be able to grill meat today, after all, it's autumn and he just needed an incentive to have a nice barbecue.

- That is good. And when are you getting married?

- Never. – they laughed – Hyukjae gave me this ring that I wear every day with great pride, but that doesn't mean there is a date.

- You are right. I think I just have my head in the clouds because I got married and I'm happy. Yesung and I have big plans.

- That is great. – Donghae smiled and placed his hands on his hips, watching Arrow sneak up to eat a mushroom – What do you think you're doing?

- I'm hungry, dad.

- Yes, I know. But we have to wait for the meat to come off the grill before we can have lunch. And also, you ate a lot this morning today. How can so much food fit in that little body?

Arrow laughed and took a mushroom from the bowl. Ryeowook chuckled and said:

- Who would have thought that the little tiger now eats like an adult? He's growing up too fast.

- They say that athletes really eat a lot. Soon he decides to do weight training at the gym and starts drinking protein shakes.

- He's going to be huge, Donghae!

- He is going, yes. But what can I do? Arrow likes to be in constant motion.

- He got it from you.

Donghae smiled.

- He really did. Now let's tell everyone that the salad is ready.

- Yes, because I'm hungry.

They went to the garden and each held a bowl of salad. There was a lot of food being placed on the table and Hyukjae was just waiting for the salad to be ready so he could cut the meat. They grilled to the right point and rested for the right amount of time, so someone went to call the children who happily came to sit at the table to eat – and well, they had their own table.

Hyukjae cut the meat and let everyone serve themselves as they pleased. He had a typical American barbecue and people could even eat pork sandwiches. It was a cool moment.

Arrow, sitting at the table with his plate full of food, looked at his friends and smiled. Aisha and Wookie were talking to each other and Gaeul was trying to deal with the fact that the food was delicious. Yujun and Yejun were with their uncles at another table so they could have help eating. Afiya and Archie were with Namazzi and Jeongho. Junghoon and Jihye were sleeping, so Destiny and Ari were able to join the others in celebrating.

Yesung and Ryeowook took advantage of the moment everyone was together and stood up. Attention was turned to them, and Yesung said:

- I want to thank Hyukjae and Donghae because, without them, we wouldn't have a party. I would like to toast to my friends and also to Ryeowook, who makes me happy every day. – they kissed and everyone applauded – Thank you very much for coming.

- And thank you for giving us your support. We've come a long way from the moment we met. I'm happy that Yesung became my husband on that island that will keep our happy moments forever. – Ryeowook raised his wine glass – A toast to friends and my handsome husband.

They toasted and the couple sat down to eat with the adults. At the children's table, Wookie chuckled softly when Aisha whispered something in his ear. Curious, Gaeul and Arrow looked at them.

- What are you whispering? – Gaeul asked.

- Anything.

- Then why are you laughing?

Aisha rolled her eyes.

- Can't we laugh? – Gaeul and Arrow shook their heads – Ok, we were laughing because Ryeowook and Yesung are cute, aren't they, Wookie?

- Yes! We just thought they were cute.

Arrow looked at Gaeul who shrugged and continued eating. Aisha and Wookie laughed again when he whispered something in her ear.

- It's a secret, isn't it? – Arrow asked and Aisha and Wookie nodded – Ok. I have a secret with Gaeul too.

Arrow pretended to whisper something in Gaeul's ear and the older boy laughed. Aisha and Wookie exchanged looks and shook their heads. Those boys were very strange when they tried to scheme against such a strong duo. They continued eating and forgot their secrets when they started a topic that was interesting to the four of them. They laughed and agreed that they would watch a movie because that was sleepovers at Arrow’s house.

Heechul smiled, watching the children being happy, and looked at Leeteuk who was enjoying the grilled meat. He sighed and asked:

- Have you ever wanted to have children?

Leeteuk frowned as he looked at Heechul.

- Why? Do you want one?

- No. We have too busy a life to consider this idea. I only asked because I saw the children there laughing and wanted to know your opinion on the matter. And also, I'm glad Jongwoon let Wookie come with us. I like having my nephew around. He's a little star.

Leeteuk smiled.

- Yes, he is. And if your brother allows it, we can take care of Wookie more often. The boy loves our pets. I think he and Arrow have a lot in common.

Heechul chuckled softly.

- Yes, this is true. But to take care of Wookie, we need to go back to live in Seoul. And our life is cool in Jeju. – he looked at his nephew who was chuckling with his friends – Let's think better about what to do. I miss living in Seoul, but at the same time I love living in Jeju.

Leeteuk held Heechul's hand and smiled, saying:

- It doesn't matter what we choose in the end, Chul. If we are happy, then it is enough.

Heechul kind of blushed and smiled at Leeteuk, who winked at his boyfriend and went back to eating.

Adults and children had a good time at Hyukjae and Donghae's house that day. Yesung and Ryeowook were excited about their new life and Leeteuk and Heechul had a lot to think about the future.

But still, all the couples were happy.

...O...
December...

Arrow loved when December rolled around because it meant one thing: a visit from Santa Claus.

Spending time with Destiny after math class, Arrow learned how to make crafts and was very good at it. He made earrings for Aisha, necklaces for Gaeul, and bracelets for Wookie. Parents received beaded keychains. Arrow loved to learn, and Destiny loved to teach. She still thought it was too early for him to start sewing, so she showed the boy how to knit.

Arrow found another calling in life: making coats.

And with Destiny's help, he knitted some coats and socks for the children whose parents couldn't afford warm clothes for the winter. Hyukjae had to buy two boxes and Donghae helped pack them. It was nice to see Arrow take the initiative without being asked to do so.

- Why did you decide to knit coats and socks, Ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter