Fifty-five

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hello there ^^

so, I wrote eunhae talking to arrow about differences, but I did that because being different isn't a bad thing. if we all looked alike, the world wouldn't be fun. I hope you guys don't mind :) also, I wanted to say that arrow is a lgbtqiap+ kid. we'll talk about this in the sequel ^^

I hope you enjoy this chapter ^^

see you <3

Hyukjae had a lot more fun than the kids playing The Lord of the Rings.

He saw the rivalry between Arrow and Aisha and had to hold back a laugh as the kids were taking the game seriously and Gaeul and Wookie didn't know what else to do. And when Aisha's team won the first round, Arrow didn't take it very well and ended up crossing his arms and pouting while the girl celebrated with her teammate.

In the second round, Aisha won again and Arrow was one step away from giving up when he won the third round and did his victory dance. After that, Hyukjae thought it best that they watch a movie. If the kids started to fight, Donghae would get upset, so it was better to make them stay quiet.

- All right, Arrow. What movie are you going to choose?

Arrow laid down on the mat and scrolled down, analyzing all the children's cartoon options that were released in 2018 and early 2019 and ended up choosing Teen Titans Go. Hyukjae adjusted the pillows on the air mattress and all the children lay down comfortably – Afiya and Yujun were already sleeping in Arrow's room.

Yejun was the first to sleep. He ate cupcakes and sandwiches and started rubbing his eyes and yawning as soon as the movie started. Yejun fell asleep holding Aisha's hand, who was a very empathetic noona the entire night. Arrow and Gaeul commented on the movie – one claimed to be Beast Boy while the other claimed to be Cyborg because no one wanted to be Robin. Wookie shyly said that he liked Starfire and Aisha didn't like the movie.

After the movie ended, Hyukjae sent everyone to Arrow's room and put the mattress there so the kids could sleep safely. Yejun shared space with Yujun and Afiya on the bed while the older ones talked softly – Hyukjae allowed it, as it was still too early to sleep.

- Do you like my party? – Arrow asked.

- I wanted to eat that carrot cake, Jiwoon-ah.

Arrow bristled. He didn't like carrots in cake.

- I'm having fun, Arrow-ah. – Wookie whispered – I enjoyed being here with you.

- You are a sweetheart. – Aisha hugged the boy who smiled – You have to go to my house, Wookie.

- You have to go to my house too. – he chuckled – All of you. And when we're there, we can play at being a fairy.

Arrow and Gaeul exchanged glances. Aisha loved the idea.

- I was a fairy in the ballet performance. I want to be a fairy again.

- And then we can watch Barbie movies.

- Yes! – Aisha hugged Wookie even tighter. Arrow asked:

- What's a Barbie?

- It's doll, Jiwoon-ah. – replied Gaeul – But I don't want to watch a Barbie movie.

- Why not, Gaeul-ah? – Wookie asked with a pout – It's going to be so much fun. Did you know that Barbie is dating Max Steel?

- Lie! – Gaeul  and Arrow were shocked by that fact, because both had the Max Steel dolls and never saw him with that Barbie.

- It’s true. At school, I take Max Steel and there's always a girl who takes her Barbie. Then we made them a couple.

- But Barbie is a girl's toy.

- And? – Aisha asked while she put her hands on her hips – I always played with my cousins' hot wheels cars. We had a competition. You two are very silly.

Gaeul and Arrow blushed.

- Ok. I didn't know that a boy could play with a girl's toy. – said Gaeul.

- But you can. You play with me and also with that annoying Dasom. We are a girls.

Perhaps Arrow and Gaeul hadn't realized it until that moment. They really were always messing around with other girls, but because they didn't care about the whole gender thing. They thought that if they were good friends then everyone could get along and unite into one group of super friends.

And coming to the conclusion that Aisha was a girl was very strange for both of them.

- Very good, very good. – Hyukjae said as he entered the room – You can sleep now.

- We're talking something serious, appa.

Hyukjae put his hands on his hips.

- And what would that be?

- Aisha and Dasom are girls.

Hyukjae cocked his head to the side and didn't know what to say exactly.

- Well... You made a new discovery. Now sleep. Tomorrow you will have a long day of play. – he watched the children settling on the mattress and turned off the light – Goodnight.

- Goodnight. – the four replied. Hyukjae went to his room and saw Donghae laughing at something on the phone. He sat on the bed and said:

- Your son thought that Aisha and Dasom were bros.

Donghae pursed his lips.

- What?

- Yeah... Arrow didn't know that Aisha and Dasom are girls. I guess he didn't see them that way, so he assumed the friends were like bros.

- Oh... We need to talk to him about this, Hyukjae. Just for him to understand the limits of the friendship he has with girls.

- Exactly. Not that this view he has is wrong. Gender doesn't really matter.

- That is true. Let's just talk to him. – the brunet smiled and caressed his eight-month round belly – But that's curious.

- What?

- How Arrow sees his friends. I never imagined he had this notion that gender doesn't matter. Girls and boys are human to him, so they are equal. We never really talked to Arrow about the differences. As much as grandmothers played an important role in his life, he spent much more time among men. You were always with Shindong, Yesung, Heechul and Leeteuk. Ryeowook was the friend he saw around the most.

- So Arrow sees everyone the same way.

- Yes. Sounds confusing?

- I don't know. – Hyukjae laughed and laid down on the bed – I can only say that Arrow surprised me with this new fact. He always surprises me positively.

- We have an amazing son. Arrow is curious, intelligent and smart and he sure loves people. – Donghae lay on his side and put his head on Hyukjae's shoulder – He'll be a good example for his siblings.

- That’s true. And tomorrow we have a long day of play ahead of us. Will you come out of your tower, your majesty?

- Of course I will. And really, I just wish August would come soon so the babies could be born. I love them both, but staying at home and doing nothing has been terrible.

- And why don't you make lunch with me tomorrow?

- I don’t want to cook, I want to go back to the gym and work out. Sunny said light walks would help, but I'm not seeing a difference. And it's not just for the exercises. I want to go back to work and see my old customers always saying that my chocolate banana pie is delicious.

- So you miss the compliments?

Donghae pouted.

- Perhaps. And this might sound silly, but the truth is, I want my life back. I will take care of the babies and love them with all my heart. I just want to give them a good life too.

Hyukjae hugged Donghae and kissed his cheek, saying:

- Do not panic. You'll see how the six months will fly by. They will grow up quickly and you will miss when they were those little babies. And don't forget that I'm always by your side. We will get through this together, just like we did six years ago.

- I know. You have been so supportive of me. – Donghae sniffed – I think I'm getting emotional.

- Then cry. Put out all the feelings you have in your heart. Let's talk about it while we're hugging.

Donghae laughed softly through the tears that fell on Hyukjae's shirt.

- Let's just hold each other.

- All good. – Hyukjae kissed the top of Donghae's head and intertwined their fingers – Just a comforting silence.

- Yes. Just a comforting silence.

...-—...
The next day...

Arrow was always the first to wake up after a sleepover. He left his friends sleeping and went to the bathroom and then went to his parents' room and climbed into bed. Donghae opened his eyes and saw his son's simple smile, so he caressed his cheek and said:

- You should be sleeping like your friends, Arrow.

- I can't sleep anymore.

- And you came to wake me up?

- Yes.

- Why?

- Because I miss you, dad. – Arrow lay down on the bed, in Hyukjae's place, and whispered: – Are you okay?

- Yes. Sleepy, but I'm fine.

- And my little siblings?

- They're kicking. Want to feel? – Arrow nodded and placed his hand on his dad's belly, smiling widely when a small foot pressed his palm – See? Always having a party.

- And it hurts?

- No.

- Will I also have my babies, dad?

- No, little tiger. You're not like daddy. And if you were, I would still be here for and with you. – Donghae hugged him and saw Hyukjae enter the room.

- Huh... I thought you were sleeping.

- I wanted to see my dad.

- Okay. But why do you always lie in my place?

Arrow shrugged and continued hugging Donghae, who laughed and said:

- Since your appa arrived, we need to talk about something.

- What?

Donghae sat on the bed and Arrow did the same, looking at Hyukjae who approached and stood beside his boyfriend.

- What do you understand about girls and boys, Arrow?

- Oh! Is it because I said that Aisha and Dasom are girls?

- Well, yes. Do you know what the difference is?

- No.

- We know? – Hyukjae asked and Donghae replied:

- I think so? – and laughed – Look, Arrow, you need to know that there are differences between people.

- But didn't that man say that we are all the same?

- He did. I'll give you an example: do you think I'm like you?

Arrow tilted his head to the side and analyzed Donghae, replying:

- I think.

- Only I'm not. You were biologically born a boy, I am an inter person. Do you remember when I explained this to you? – the boy nodded – That's our difference.

- Oh! So Aisha and Dasom are different because they don't have a ?

- Yes. – Hyukjae replied – However, you must remember that there are not only two genders. There are kids who are trans or agender. Do you remember when we talked about this? – Arrow nodded – And what did we say that day?

- That a child can be born a girl, but identify as a boy.

- That's right. Aisha and Dasom were born biologically female, but it could be that they identify as male, agender or non-binary throughout their lives.

Arrow nodded and Donghae asked:

- Do you understand?

- Yes.

- Excellent. As time goes on, we'll have this conversation whenever you're in doubt. Just remember that girls like to play soccer and that's okay.

– Aisha doesn't like soccer.

- She stopp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter