Twenty-five

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hello :)   well, this is the chapter that will kick off the third phase of this fanfic and I hope you like it ^^ and I wanted to say that this story, as it is very difficult to write because it involves so much, will go on hiatus - that's because I need to writing the other stories and I'm not taking the time to write them. that said, I have a new story about the abo universe and if you like abo, here it is :)   see you <3  

When he arrived at the restaurant, Donghae was greeted by Heechul who, not barely knowing what happened, took him to the office. At that moment Arrow was playing on Krystal's cell phone and he was a little calmer, but he didn't seem to be happy. He just didn't cry, however, the brown-haired man knew that sadness in those always bright eyes was there.

But Arrow lifted his head and pouted when he saw Donghae. He stretched out his little arms and cried as his father carried him and patted his back. That pain was too much for Donghae to take.

- Where is Hyukjae?

- I think he went to see that idiot. – Heechul replied and felt his heart constrict when Arrow clung to Donghae and cried softly – Do you want to stay here and wait for Hyukjae to arrive?

- No. I'll take Arrow home and Hyukjae can go talk to him later. I’m not letting my son away from me for a minute.

Heechul nodded and caressed Arrow's hair as Donghae thanked them for their help. After that, he went to Ryeowook's car and sat his son in the car seat, but he stayed by his side the entire time. The blond sighed, bit the corner of his mouth and drove. Surely he would do something, as Arrow's sadness was visible for all to see.

Donghae needed to be strong at that time. He knew that if he cried for sure Arrow would cry even more, so the brown-haired man took a deep breath and held his son's hand while the little boy just sobbed and rubbed his eyes. Donghae hated seeing Arrow like that, but he wanted to know what had happened.

So when he got home, Donghae took Arrow out of his car seat and took him home with Ryeowook beside him. And while the blond locked the door, the brown-haired man sat on the couch and looked at the little boy who was still very sad.

- Do you want some water? – Donghae asked and Arrow nodded – Can you get some water, please, Wook? – Ryeowook nodded and got water for the boy who drank a sip and then tried to snuggle up to his father's body – What happened?

- I don't want to go to the appa's house anymore, daddy. – Arrow muttered and sobbed.

- Why?

- Because Yunseo said he doesn't like me and won't let me go to my appa’s house if I draw on the wall again.

Donghae and Ryeowook were so shocked that their eyes widened at the same time. They definitely didn't expect Yunseo to say he didn't like Arrow. But instead of feeling that extreme anger, Donghae felt sad.

- You know appa will let you draw on the walls whenever you want, baby. Yunseo doesn't rule anything.

- But I don't want to go to the appa's house anymore. I don't like Yunseo. – Arrow looked at Donghae who almost cried when he saw that sadness in those little eyes – I don't want to.

- Okay, okay. – the brown-haired man whispered and hugged his son who was still crying – If you don't want to go, we'll talk to appa first. I won't let anyone hurt you like this.

Donghae kissed the top of Arrow's head and continued to hug his son until he fell asleep while sobbing. Ryeowook was feeling so bad that he had to wipe his face as tears stained his face. It was so hard to see Arrow suffering like that.

- I never thought I would feel such pain. – Donghae said while caressing Arrow's hair – Ever.

- And what are you going to do now?

- Make an appointment with Jangmi and then talk to Hyukjae. I don't care if he decided to go on with his life, but Yunseo will never come near Arrow again. If I dream that bastard approached my son, I'm going to call the police and make his life hell.

Ryeowook nodded and said:

- You have my full support, Hae. You and Arrow can count on me forever.

Donghae thanked him and looked at Arrow who was red-faced and sobbing, but seemed to be calmer. And without having the real desire to leave his son at that moment, the brown-haired man continued to hug him and let him at least feel protected. That's how things happened.

Meanwhile, Hyukjae arrived at Yunseo's apartment and was not at all happy. He couldn't stop thinking about Arrow's words and just wanted to understand the reason for it all. How was Yunseo able to say something to a child who was loved by everyone and also loved everyone and was willing to embrace the world as a great friend?

Then, knocking on the door, Hyukjae took a deep breath and stepped back when Yunseo greeted him and walked over to kiss him. The pink-haired man arched an eyebrow and said:

- I thought you were here to take me to the movies.

- There's no movie theater, Yunseo. There is no movie theater today, no movie theater tomorrow, and no movie theater any day.

- Why?

- Because you won't tell Arrow anymore that he can't go to his house. That’s the reason.

Yunseo's eyes widened and that was the only way he remembered that his friends were there.

- Can we talk about this later?

- No. We won't talk about it later. We're going to talk now because you told a three-year-old that he can't go into his house anymore because he scribbles on the walls. Who are you to say that?

- I didn't say that.

- Don't come up with that. As soon as you got out of the car, Arrow started crying and then told me what happened. Do you have any idea how I feel right now? I feel like a damn dad who put like you in his life.

Yunseo frowned.

- What did you call me?

- I just called you something you are. My son is only three years old. He's not fourteen or twenty. He is only three years old. When you told me you were willing to be part of Arrow's life, I believed you. I believed in your good intentions, but the first thing you do is to throw his bear in the trash and then tell him he can't go to his house? So I'll change the question: who do you think you are to say Arrow can't do what he wants in his house?

Yunseo sighed, crossed his arms and said:

- Turns out I wasn't prepared to be your son's stepfather.

Hyukjae squinted.

- What? Did you mistreat my son because you weren't prepared to be his stepfather? And who said that was your role in Arrow's life?

- Well... I thought that dating you meant being Arrow's stepfather.

- No, no. You are not Arrow's stepfather. You never were and you never will be. And if you weren't prepared, then why did you decide to have a relationship with me? You always knew Arrow is my priority. You always knew Arrow wouldn't walk out of my life just because you walked into it. You would never replace my son. – Hyukjae stared at Yunseo – If you couldn't accept Arrow, then why did you start this relationship with me?

- Because you were there and I wanted to have fun, but then I started to like you and I thought I would be able to have Arrow in our life. But when I pictured myself living with you and in that apartment full of toys scattered through the rooms and those scribbled walls, I saw that it wasn't for me. I don't like spoiled and naughty kids like Arrow, so...

- Shut your mouth. – Hyukjae interrupted – You just said that my son is naughty and spoiled? – he shook his head – You know what? Why don't you go yourself? You mistreated Ryeowook because he is Donghae's friend. You broke a ing vase Donghae gave my mom. You mistreated my son because you have a problem with Donghae. I don't give a if you just wanted to me for fun, but I would never in my life ask you to move in with me. That house is mine. That house belongs to Arrow. That's his home and you can't even think that I would ever ask you to move in with me. If your problem was with Donghae, then I should have let him come here to see what you have against him.

- Hyukjae...

- No. Shut your mouth. You’re not talking to me anymore. If I get a message from you, I'll call the police. If you think about badmouthing Arrow and Donghae out there, I'll call the police. I'm going to hire a lawyer so good you're going to have to move across the country.

Yunseo was incredulous.

- Are you breaking up with me?

- What made you think that after all this conversation we would be together? What makes you think that after mistreating my son, you would still be part of my life? I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but you tricked me and I won't let it happen anymore.

With that, Hyukjae left and ignored Yunseo who called him and said that they needed to talk as it had all been a misunderstanding. However, when Hyukjae said no, he really meant.

Yunseo was insistent though.

- Hyukjae, please wait! – Yunseo grabbed Hyukjae's arm – I can apologize to Arrow. I can say I was joking when I said I didn't like him, but please don't break up with me.

Hyukjae squinted and said:

- You're despicable.

And with that, Hyukjae got out of there and got into his car. He didn't want to see Yunseo ever again and he didn't want him around Arrow and Donghae – especially Arrow who's already had his little heart hurt enough.

***

Hyukjae didn't have the head to work that day, so he texted Leeteuk to cover him that night because he needed to talk to Arrow and also Donghae. He was terribly shaken and wanted to cry until his eyes were swollen. Hyukjae never thought he would see someone mistreat his son and that hurt too much.

Then, arriving at Donghae's house, Hyukjae got out of the car and ran to the door because it started to rain. He knocked on the door and took a deep breath as he was greeted by the brown-haired man who had red eyes. Hyukjae couldn't even open his mouth as Donghae ignored all the reminders in his mind and hugged him while he cried.

Hyukjae sighed and hugged Donghae's waist, bringing his body closer and sniffing his hair as he started to cry.

And Donghae didn't want to release Hyukjae.

Just like Hyukjae didn't want to release Donghae.

- S-sorry… – Donghae muttered, but he didn't really let go of Hyukjae – I just…

- Alright. – he sniffed and wiped Donghae's cheeks – Can we go in? – the brown-haired man nodded and let his ex-boyfriend enter – How is Arrow?

- He's sleeping in my room, but soon he'll wake up because it's almost dinnertime.

- So it's okay if I stay with you?

- Yes. We need to talk before Arrow wakes up. – Hyukjae nodded and sat on the couch with Donghae – But first I want to know why Yunseo did this.

Sighing, Hyukjae said:

- I think... I don't know. Yunseo seems to be the kind of person who just wants attention and in this case he wanted to compete for attention with Arrow as well as you, but I couldn't let that happen.

Donghae sighed and said:

- Arrow said he doesn't want to go your house anymore.

Hyukjae's eyes widened.

- What?

- He was very sad, Hyukjae. Arrow was so sad that he fell asleep after so much crying. And when he told me that Yunseo said he didn't like him, my heart broke into a million little pieces. I never, ever, imagined I would hear Arrow say that to me. And as much as I understand you're free to go on with your life, I'll tell you that I don't want Arrow near Yunseo ever again. And if Arrow doesn't want to go home, I won't force him to go.

Hyukjae pursed his lips and rubbed his face. Of all things, he didn't expect to know that Arrow didn't want to go to his house. It hurt a lot.

- I feel so bad right now. When I said you had to be careful who you put in Arrow's life, I was just jealous. I never thought I would bring the person who would cause our son to suffer.

Donghae sighed and saw Arrow coming out of the hallway rubbing his cute eyes as he yawned. He smiled at his son and reached out for the little one to take his hand and come closer. Hyukjae looked at Arrow and smiled waiting for his son to make a reaction – and his heart was happy as the little one smiled back and waved before sitting on his father's lap.

- Alright? – Donghae asked and Arrow nodded while yawning – Do you want dinner now? – the little one nodded again – So what do you think of a soup? Uncle Wook made us soup. - as Arrow was still very sulky, he just nodded. Then Donghae kissed his son's forehead

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter