Forty-two

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hello hello :)

well, in short, I got covid last week and I couldn't write or post anything ;; but now I'm feeling better and here I am with a new chapter ^^ 

and btw, I want to thank you guys for all the support. it's the first time a fanfic of mine gets more than 300 comments and this made me really happy YuY 

I hope you guys like the chapter :)

see you <3

There was a feeling of nostalgia as Hyukjae finished packing his clothes into the last suitcase.

He looked around and smiled as his eyes quickly took in Arrow’s drawings on the walls. It was a mark that should stay there forever, for it belonged in that house. Hyukjae knew that Arrow was growing up and hadn't drawn on walls since he was three. Not that there was a huge age difference, but still... Time didn't go back.

Hyukjae sighed, but ended up smiling as he closed the suitcase. He put his hands on his hips and looked at Shindong and Yesung who were helping him pack other things. As Leeteuk and Heechul had already left for Jeju, Hyukjae had to rely on his other friends and was more than happy that they were there.

- This cup… – Shindong laughed when he showed the polar bear cup – Do you remember when Arrow saw Yesung drinking hot chocolate in this cup?

Yesung laughed and Hyukjae replied:

- How could I forget? Arrow asked if Yesung wanted the cup as he liked cute things.

Shindong laughed and Yesung kind of blushed.

- I gave him that cup. – Yesung defended himself and that made Shindong and Hyukjae laugh even more – You are idiots.

- Yes, yes... We are the idiots here.

Yesung clicked his tongue and Hyukjae said:

- It's alright. Now that we've had a little laugh, we have to pack these bags to the car.

- You are ready to go back with Donghae, huh?

Hyukjae smiled.

- I've been waiting for this for so long and now I get butterflies in my stomach just remembering that I'll wake up next to him on my days off and that when I get home he'll be there. And then there's the fact that I get to see Arrow every day and not just over the phone anymore.

- This is really very important. – Yesung gave a friendly smile as he patted Hyukjae's shoulder twice – And can we go then?

Hyukjae nodded and grabbed two suitcases while Yesung and Shindong took the other two. Then they left the apartment and went to the garage, talking and even laughing. They loaded the bags into the car and Hyukjae drove to his new home – and the feeling was so pleasant.

Hyukjae could barely contain himself at that moment. He was so happy and felt like he didn't need to explain his untimely smiles or laughs to anyone. Hyukjae could say that 2018 was the best year of his life and nothing would change that. Absolutely nothing.

Meanwhile, at Donghae's house, Ryeowook looked at his friend – who was concentrating on making pie crust – and laughed. The brunet looked at him with an arched brow, but then shrugged and continued what he was doing because he couldn't understand what was so funny that made the blond laugh like that.

But Ryeowook laughed again and Donghae took a deep breath, looking at his friend and asking:

- What's the fun today that I'm not laughing too?

- Ah... You know. I'm just happy for you.

- Still because you find out that Hyukjae and I are together? – Ryeowook nodded – You are almost as excited as Arrow.

- Can you judge us? Although Arrow doesn't understand how things work in the adult world, I'm glad you and Hyukjae understood each other and showed the maturity you didn't have before. It was a big step.

Donghae had to smile at that moment.

- It's good to be ready to face things like adults. And we're going to do couples therapy so we can grow together and understand how to work on our relationship if we fight.

- And I'm very happy for you two. Now we just need to plan a double wedding.

Donghae laughed.

- Hyukjae and I don't have any plans to get married, but you can be sure that I will make the cake and sweets for your wedding.

- You are too kind. – Ryeowook finished making the white chocolate ganache and beamed – Yesung and I hired a wedding planner and she has already given us several ideas. As we cannot get married here, we are going to have a simple wedding in a country that has legalized same- marriage.

- Does that mean we can't go?

- Yesung and I want to have a party here for family and friends, but the wedding is just for the two of us. Maybe you can watch it on the webcam.

- That would be very nice. Should we wear formal clothes?

- It would be amazing if you were dressed in character. – they laughed – But changing the subject, what are the plans for this weekend?

- I'll take Arrow for a haircut and then we'll say goodbye to Aisha and family because they're going to Canada. After that, Hyukjae and I are going to take Arrow camping with the An family. Arrow doesn't know yet that Gaeul will be there, but I hope this cheers him up a bit.

- Poor thing. Why do you think he is so sad? Won’t Aisha come back with her family?

- She will come back because of what Namazzi told me, but I think Arrow is sad that way because Kangin left and never came back. Arrow still misses Kangin and they've even talked a few times, but it's not the same as talking in person.

- And how does Hyukjae deal with the fact that Arrow likes to talk to Kangin?

- I told him not to freak out. Arrow has always liked Kangin a lot and I won't push them away because Hyukjae is a little jealous. – and so Donghae looked at Arrow who was not at all happy, since he was grounded – I just hope that seeing Aisha before leaving, his mood will improve a little.

Ryeowook sighed and patted Donghae's shoulder.

- Don't worry. I've heard that this phase ends after the age of seven.

- So I only have to wait two more years for my son not to be an answer? what a thing.

Ryeowook chuckled softly and continued doing his thing while Donghae finished the pie. He knew Hyukjae would be arriving soon, so he needed to check on dinner as well – that he for some reason chose to make Kimbap and fish and chicken (there was a scallion pickle – which Arrow particularly loved). Donghae hadn’t even imagined that it would be so much work to do all this because he was used to having only Arrow and himself in the house.

Donghae needed to constantly remind himself that Hyukjae was coming.

And indeed Hyukjae arrived as the pie was baking in the oven and Donghae and Ryeowook were finishing making Kimbap. The brunet went to the door and smiled widely as he saw his boyfriend standing right in the doorway. Hyukjae pecked Donghae's lips and whispered like hello:

- I love you.

Donghae chuckled.

- I love you too. – and he opened the door wider for the three men to enter with the suitcases – Arrow! Appa has arrived.

And Arrow, who had come out of the four minute detention and went to play in the bedroom, ran into the living room and jumped on Hyukjae, hugging his appa who laughed and hugged him tight.

- You are here! You are here!

- Of course I am. I even brought some clothes.

Arrow celebrated and Hyukjae ruffled his son's hair. The little one looked at Shindong and Yesung and waved at them and then hugged his appa's neck. Ryeowook also gre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter