Fifty-one

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hello, hello ^^

I'm no replying the comments for now, but I'm reading every kind comment you guys left here - and thanks a lot for that support ^^

I hope you guys are enjoying the last chapters and I hope you enjoy this one too <3

see you <3

Arriving at the hospital, Donghae thanked Namazzi for giving him a ride and also for the company. He was so anxious and could climb the walls until he had the answer to his question. Donghae stared at the clock several times and filled out a form to report what his symptoms were. After that, he went to the bathroom five times and thought of sending countless text messages to Hyukjae who was working at Scarecrow that afternoon.

Donghae gave up as he didn't want to worry Hyukjae. Only three people knew that he had gone to see the doctor and it would be like that until he decided what to say depending on the test result. Donghae was in internal conflict, but at the same time he managed to have positive thoughts. After all, he wanted that hypothetical baby. He wanted to add one more member to the family. He wanted so many things it was hard to handle.

Donghae sighed and rubbed his belly affectionately. A smile crept onto his lips and there he was thinking about how Arrow would react to the news that he was going to be a big brother. It was almost certain that the boy would be excited and would never stop telling stories to the little one growing in his father's womb while introducing Ghost and Popcorn to the baby.

Donghae also thought about Hyukjae's reaction.

It would be fun to watch the chef completely gawk for months to come. Hyukjae wasn't there at the beginning when Donghae found out about the pregnancy. Now he would be next to his boyfriend to see everything up close. He would sleep with Donghae and hug him every night or anytime of the day. No matter what happened, Hyukjae would be there.

- Lee Donghae.

Donghae heard his name and saw Sunny smiling friendly. Confident, he went to her and entered the office. He sat in the chair and bit his lower lip when he saw the form he had filled out, then looking at Sunny who sat at the table and said:

- I see you came alone today. Why?

- I didn't want to bring Hyukjae with me. I want to deal with the exam result first.

- And then you'll think what to do?

- I'll talk to Hyukjae. My plan goes there if the result is negative. If positive, Arrow will know too.

- And then family and friends.

- Exactly.

- All right. – she smiled and took the paper – Let's see what you've been feeling here: nausea and vomiting, dizziness, change in appetite, increased urination, colic and abdominal swelling. You had a lot of symptoms, Donghae. Was it like this the first time too?

- No. My symptoms the first time were abdominal swelling and colic, increased urination and vomiting.

Sunny nodded slowly.

- And can you sleep?

- To be honest, I haven't slept well for days. All this doubt consumed me and I didn't want to tell Hyukjae so as not to get his hopes up.

- So you've been stressing yourself all this time? If you had told me this before, I would have made the appointment days ago.

Donghae felt a little embarrassed and said:

- I haven't been thinking straight. But now that I'm here, I hope to get this doubt over with soon.

- Sure. Let's do the blood work and then the ultrasound. We'll make sure you're okay.

Donghae nodded and was left alone for what felt like an eternity. It was enough time for him to think about a thousand and one things. But Sunny came back in five minutes and a nurse was with her, so Donghae shifted in his chair so he could have his blood drawn.

After that, he still had to wait a while for the result to come out, so he left the office for Sunny to attend to a pregnant patient. Donghae sent messages to his mother and friends to let them know that he was fine and waiting for the blood test results. He wasn't going to tell them if he was pregnant or not. Donghae really wanted to talk to Hyukjae and tapped on his icon in the messaging app several times.

Waiting was torture.

But after what seemed like an eternity, Donghae was called back and looked at Sunny who smiled at her patient. He sat down, when she pulled out the chair, and asked:

- What's the result, Sunny?

- Well, do you want to lie down on the stretcher so we can do the ultrasound?

Donghae nodded without thinking twice. He got to his feet, walked over to the gurney and pulled up his shirt and ed his pants, pulling them down a little. Sunny came with the gel and then the device so that she could see how Donghae's organs were doing – and he looked forward to the moment when he would hear yes or no.

- First you need to know that there is nothing wrong with your body. From what I'm seeing here, your organs are in good working order and the blood test found that everything is normal too.

- So my symptoms are really pregnancy?

Sunny chuckled.

- You always knew, didn't you? – and she rubbed the device below Donghae's navel. He looked at the monitor and there it was what he wanted so badly. However, the brunet widened his eyes.

- Why... Sunny, why are there two embryos over there?

- Because you're pregnant with twins, silly. And from what I can see, your babies are eight weeks old.

Donghae's eyes filled with tears as he watched his two babies on the monitor. They were so small and probably slept quietly in a warm and cozy place. Donghae didn't need anything else at the moment. His heart beat happily in his chest.

- Can I hear their heartbeat?

- Of course you can. – the doctor moved the equipment and so Donghae could hear the strong heartbeats of the babies. Now things were getting more and more real and he wanted everyone to know starting with Hyukjae that he would freak out when he heard the babies' hearts. After all, the chef cried upon hearing Arrow's heart beating – What are you feeling, Donghae?

- Happiness and fear at the same time. I'm happier, obviously, but I never imagined two babies could come at once. Arrow will ask to choose the names and Hyukjae will never leave me alone.

- It's part of the pregnancy cycle. Appas never leave their partners alone. Sometimes some mommies come here and complain that their husbands go too far when they want to protect the new family.

- Hyukjae won't be different. But I know he will be very happy when he sees the pictures. Could you make a copy for me, please?

- You didn't even have to ask.

Sunny smiled at Donghae who continued watching his babies on the monitor. A strong feeling went through his heart and all he could do was cry like a child. The doctor handed out tissues and comforted the patient as best she could, but she understood the reason behind all the commotion.

When he decided to have the surgery, Donghae didn't think he could get pregnant a second time. He wanted to wait a bit to understand what was about to happen until the moment Hyukjae came back into his life as a boyfriend. Donghae imagined countless scenarios where he was pregnant with a single baby on the way. He knew that the new member of the family would be loved and protected by all. Donghae knew that Arrow would read all kinds of fairy tales to his little sibling and even choose the name because that's what a big brother does.

Donghae knew that Hyukjae would enjoy every second of that new experience and could only imagine his sleeping boyfriend hugging his body so that nothing and no one would harm the two people he loved the most.

But then the news came that they were going to have two babies.

Donghae was still determined to have the surgery, but he was also very happy that he had the opportunity to be a father of twins. It was one of those little miracles that happened every now and then and the brunet was more than ready to spread the news to the world.

***

At Scarecrow, Hyukjae was working on a new mac and cheese recipe.

Interestingly, he didn't stop thinking about Donghae while making the smoked paprika and cayenne pepper cheese sauce. Not really knowing why and if his boyfriend would like that developed sauce, Hyukjae continued to cook and looked at his cell phone that was on the table almost as if staring at him and begging him to make a call.

Hyukjae was tormented and dropped the fuet after the sauce was smooth and silky. Then he picked up the phone and was about to call Donghae and find out if his boyfriend was okay. However, Krystal walked into the kitchen and said:

- Donghae is waiting for you in the hall, Hyukjae.

Hyukjae arched an eyebrow, trying to understand how he and Donghae had such a strong bond that he thought of the brunet and he showed up at the restaurant, and said to Krystal:

- I need you to pour the sauce on the pasta and bake it for 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.

- Do I put grated cheese on top?

- Yes, but only in one of the halves. I want to test what works best. Sprinkle smoked paprika over the pasta.

Krystal nodded and Hyukjae left the kitchen, going to meet Donghae who was waiting for him sitting on one of the bar stools. The chef smiled at his boyfriend and kissed him on the cheek, wrapping

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter