Fifty

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite knowing Donghae for just over a year, Namazzi knew well when her friend wasn't feeling well.

She obviously feared that someone had said something inappropriate to him, or that perhaps he had eaten something that made him sick. Anyway, Namazzi was ready to find out what was going on when she approached Donghae, who was sitting on the couch after feeling a little dizzy, talking with Ryeowook.

- Hello. – She greeted – Are you okay?

- I am. – Ryeowook said – I don't know what happened to Donghae, but he looks a little pale.

Namazzi agreed and sat next to Donghae who looked at her and smiled, saying:

- Do not worry about me. I will be fine.

- Are you sure? Don't you want to lie down and get some rest? – asked Namazzi – Do you want me to call Hyukjae?

Donghae shook his head and sighed. He was exhausted and needed to vent to someone about what was going on.

- Is there somewhere we can talk? – whispered the brunet.

- Let's go to the office. The kids are with Hyukjae and Jeongho, so we’ll have some privacy.

Donghae nodded and got to his feet with Ryeowook's help. Namazzi got even more worried and wanted to do something to help her friend.

They went to the office which wasn't that far from the living room and Namazzi closed the door as soon as Ryeowook and Donghae sat down on the couch. She pulled up a chair and looked at the brunet who took a deep breath as he played with his fingers.

- What happens, Hae? – asked Ryeowook – If you're hiding something out of embarrassment, we're here to support you.

- I know it.

- Was it something you ate? – asked a worried Namazzi. Donghae shook his head and involuntarily shielded his belly. She widened her eyes – Are you pregnant?

Ryeowook got surprised and Donghae smiled. He could no longer hide his happiness.

- I still don't have confirmation, but I feel like there's a baby coming around. – Donghae chuckled when Ryeowook hugged him – I just don't want Hyukjae to find out now.

- Why not?

- Because it could be a false alarm. I already felt like this when I was dating Kangin and it turned out that I just ate some rotten food.

- How long have you felt like this, Donghae?

He looked at Namazzi and replied:

- A few days ago. I thought I was overloaded with work because the pastry shop is very busy during the holidays, but today... Today I really had the same feeling as the first pregnancy.

- And are you happy?

- Of course I am. I always wanted to have another baby, you know? Give Arrow a little sibling. If I can be honest, after I broke up with Kangin, I didn't get my hopes up.

- Because you didn't imagine going back to Hyukjae?

- I didn't expect to date anyone. Kangin was the only one who dated me because he liked me, not because I was inter. He wanted a serious relationship and even asked me to marry him, but you guys know very well that I didn't accept it. – Donghae sighed – But when I resumed the relationship with Hyukjae, I felt a spark of hope. I really felt like we could have a family. I still didn't know if he wanted the same as me, but I started to fantasize about a life like that.

- And why don't you want to tell, Donghae? Hyukjae will support you even if the test is negative. You know it.

- Yes, I do. But at the same time, I'm afraid it's fake news. – the brunet admitted. Namazzi took his hand and gave him a reassuring smile.

- You don't need to be afraid, Donghae. If Hyukjae-ssi was a bad person, I know we would never be having this conversation. He will support you. He loves you a lot.

- I know he loves me a lot, but still… – he pursed his lips when Ryeowook grabbed his free hand – You have to promise me that you won't say anything to Hyukjae for now. I made an appointment with my doctor for next month. I'll do the tests she asks me to do and then break the news to Hyukjae and Arrow.

- Oh! Arrow will be so happy, Hae.

- He'll be beaming. I want them to know before everyone else.

Ryeowook and Namazzi nodded.

- Who else knows you felt sick?

- My mom.

- And you told her about the possibility of being pregnant? – the brunet nodded – Wow… We have a big responsibility on our shoulders now.

- But do you promise not to tell anyone else about this? I want to keep it a secret until I have the test in hand.

- Don't worry, Donghae. I won't even tell my husband.

- And I won't tell Yesung.

Donghae smiled and then laughed as Namazzi and Ryeowook hugged him, showing him that they supported him unconditionally. He knew that Hyukjae would support him in the same way as his mother and his friends. But still, Donghae had that sinking feeling in his stomach when he thought about telling his boyfriend what was going on.

Everything had its time.

***

After a wonderful party, Hyukjae and Donghae were ready to take Arrow home.

Obviously the boy didn't want to go, but he was so tired he pouted the whole time as he walked to the car. And all this because he wanted to be carried by his appa.

- Please, appa. I'm sleepy and I don't want to walk now.

Hyukjae sighed.

- You're a big kid, Arrow. I can't carry you forever.

Arrow whimpered.

- Then I'm going to sleep at aunt Namazzi's house.

Hyukjae looked at Arrow with an arched eyebrow.

- Are you challenging me?

- Carry me, appa.

- No.

Arrow started crying and Hyukjae just didn't know what to do. Donghae watched that situation and tried not to laugh. He agreed that carrying the boy to the car was a difficult task, as Arrow had grown a few inches longer and was a five-year-old child.

- Come on, Arrow. The car isn't even that far away. – Hyukjae said – And also, don't you want to see the gifts that Santa left for you?

This didn't stop Arrow from crying, but encouraged him to continue on his way to Hyukjae's car. Donghae smiled and also got into the car, sitting next to his son who pouted and wiped his face with the sleeve of his sweatshirt. Hyukjae sighed and started the car, driving all the way back home.

Did it need to be said that Arrow slept during the journey?

- I knew he wouldn't stay awake for long. – said Donghae looking back – And we didn't even stay long at the Joo's house.

- Well, it depends on how long you consider it to be.

- Yes... Arrow is used to sleeping before 10 pm. But I know that tomorrow he won't have an ounce of desire to go to school.

- And he needs to go?

Donghae arched an eyebrow.

- Why? Will you stay home with him?

- I can stay. You should stay too, since you worked this morning.

The idea was tempting.

- All right. I'll send a message to Ryeowook and our employees and say that tomorrow is a free day.

Hyukjae smiled.

- That's right. You don't need to be overwhelmed with so many things. I worry when you work overtime.

Donghae pouted.

- You also work overtime.

- But I sleep as long as necessary. You haven't been sleeping and on top of that you keep going to the bathroom. I notice these details when I'm at home and it makes me wonder if something is wrong. Is it a problem at work?

Donghae realized that this was the ideal time to tell what was really going on. However, as he was going to keep it a secret, he decided to say:

- I'm just stressed about a few things. I've been thinking about renovating the pastry shop, but I still have to plan how to do that.

- Is just that? You could have told me this earlier.

- I didn't want to burden you with my problems.

- As if you would bother me. I know all the people who can help you renovate the pastry shop. I know you're strong, but you don't have to handle everything alone.

Donghae nodded and smiled at Hyukjae who stopped the car and kissed the tip of the brunet's nose. He would take care of his boyfriend.

As they arrived home, Hyukjae had to carry Arrow to the bedroom and lay him down comfortably on the bed. After that, he went to the living room and saw Donghae sitting on the couch after taking off his shoes. Hyukjae still had something in the car for his boyfriend, so he left the house once more and grabbed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter