Eleven

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, hello ^^

As you already know, I think, all updates will be on Tuesdays now and I hope you will continue to follow this story. I know many of you – all of you?? – want Hyukjae and Donghae to be together soon, but things need to happen slowly because I think it's better this way. If I just rush everything, I won't be able to write what I planned (and remembering that this is my last fanfic here, so I want it to be a very good story).

Well... and finally we reached Arrow's first birthday and he has to be the most precious baby in the world for me at the moment – I have a lot of eunhae kids that I have ever written, but writing all of those Arrow’s steps has been one of the best experiences for me in all the mpreg fanfics that I’ve ever written. That said, I really want to thank Kiwicolada who sent me some inspiring pictures to make our little star's birthday. And I felt like his mother a lot while I was writing about his birthday haha

and about Brazilian snacks... well, I'm Brazilian – I don't know if you know haha – and that's why I decided to include something I liked here. in Brazil there are several good foods, so I put the ones I like best and which are known as pão de queijo (which came from the state where I was born) and coxinha. these are my favorite snacks and you can find them in snack bars and even at birthday parties :)

Anyway I hope you like it :)

Support D&E with this wonderful light-filled comeback <3 <3

See you <3

If there was a cuter human being than Arrow, Hyukjae and Donghae didn't know and didn't even want to know. They couldn't stop smiling as they watched their son smile at the same time that Teresa took pictures to make the birthday album. Arrow's birthday was the next day and he was spoiled by everyone who saw him that day – and as expected, he was spoiled by his grandmothers who arrived with cookies and toys.

Arrow chuckled and clapped his hands when he saw Mikyong wave and Ari smile as if she were seeing her grandson for the first time. It was such a unique moment that they wanted to keep it forever in their memories.

- Who's grandma's cutest baby? – Mikyong asked and shook the rattle at Arrow who giggled and stood up – You are grandma's most beautiful baby, aren't you?

Arrow smiled and looked at his parents who waved as he walked awkwardly towards them. He was able to walk a little better, but not with that security because he didn’t want to fall like other times. And when Arrow grabbed Hyukjae's leg, he laughed as soon as his appa carried him and kissed his cheeks. Donghae chuckled and caressed his son's face because he was the most precious baby in the whole world and no one could say otherwise.

- Excited about your birthday tomorrow, Arrow? – Hyukjae asked when he sat in the chair and Arrow finally said:

- Yes, papa! Party!

- And how old are you going to be, Arrow? – Donghae asked and smiled when Arrow showed his index finger and laid his head on Hyukjae's shoulder – You are so sweet. Daddy loves you very much, you know?

With that, Arrow stretched his arms to Donghae who carried him and hugged him. Hyukjae smiled and looked at Teresa who said while analyzing the photos on the computer:

- Arrow is adorable and would be an amazing model. He's very photogenic. – and showed the photos to the parents and grandmothers who smiled while Arrow at that moment was taking a nap – You can lay him on the couch, Donghae.

- Oh, no. Thanks, but I think it's better to take Arrow home now. He needs to bathe and also needs to sleep because tomorrow is a very special day in his life.

- So I take you guys home because we need to go to Scarecrow. – Hyukjae said and then looked at Teresa – Will you finish this album today? I can come and pick you up and take you home before going to the restaurant.

- I'll work on it while you take them home. – she looked at Mikyong – Will you stay here with me?

- Yes, but I don't think Hyuk needs to pick us up today. – she looked at her son and hugged him – You can take them and then go to Scarecrow.

Hyukjae nodded and waited for his mother and Teresa to say goodbye to Donghae, Ari and Arrow. After that, they left the studio and got into Hyukjae's car. Arrow slept comfortably in the baby seat between his grandmother and Donghae who looked at him with admiration. He learned so many new words in the past few weeks and only made his parents more and more proud.

And when they arrived at Donghae's house, Hyukjae took Arrow to the bedroom while the brown-haired man helped his mother. She was still looking for an apartment near her son and grandson, so she was going to spend a few more weeks in Seoul because she also needed a job – Ari was a French teacher at a school in Mokpo, but she couldn't find a good place to work in Seoul. Fortunately Mikyong knew the right people and there she was to help her friend stay close to her son and grandson.

- If Arrow coughs, just check the temperature in his room. He doesn't sleep with the window open, so you can leave the door ajar for you to hear the mess he makes when he wakes up.

Ari laughed and said:

- You act like I don't take care of him, Donghae. Rest assured, Arrow will be just fine.

Donghae sighed and opened his mouth to say something when Hyukjae laughed and said:

- I can't even say the reminders that Donghae gives me when Arrow is spending the weekend at my house. – and laughed even more when the brown-haired man rolled his eyes and crossed his arms – But let's go? We have the whole night of work.

Donghae nodded and hugged his mother. He had already kissed Arrow on the forehead, so he just went out with Hyukjae so they could go to Scarecrow and finish their son's party preparations. And when he got in the car with his ex-boyfriend, the brown-haired man took a deep breath and said:

- I am so excited because it’s already tomorrow that our little star will celebrate the first birthday.

Hyukjae smiled and started to drive.

- The first of many birthdays, Donghae. Can you imagine that?

- Yes. Arrow has grown so much in the last few months and sometimes I wonder when time has gone so fast. We broke up, the news of the pregnancy hit us in an unexpected way, he was born and spent all these months learning to live in this world and now... Now it's Arrow's first birthday.

- Looks like we've been in this process for years, but I like it. I mean, I like how this whole process made us grow as adults, too. We can talk civilly and it’s as if we are gradually recovering our friendship.

And Donghae had to agree with that.

- I also like how we are getting along well. I thought it was good for us to do it for Arrow, but nowadays I think it is good for us to do it for us too.

Hyukjae nodded and continued driving. He didn't quite know what to say, but he smiled at Donghae who smiled back and so he picked up the phone to send a message to Ryeowook who replied saying he was going to Scarecrow at that very moment. And when Hyukjae finally parked the car in his spot, they left and then entered the restaurant. As usual there was no service that night so that the staff could rest and the kitchen staff worked on the menu.

However, that was a totally unusual situation. Hyukjae had his trusted chefs preparing the menu for the Holloween party while he and Leeteuk would take care of the food for Arrow's party. Donghae, Ryeowook and Taeyeon would make the sweets and the kitchen would be the quietest place that night.

One thing Hyukjae and Donghae had in common was the fact that they didn’t like to work around with noise.

- Oh, my God... – Donghae whispered when he entered the hall and saw how the decoration for the birthday party was – Everything is so beautiful. – he brushed his fingers on the blue towel and smiled as soon as he saw a polar bear couple with their son close by – Look at this, Hyukjae...

- It looks really cute. – Hyukjae said while watching the ice castle (which was a bounce house) that was there so that the children could play – I think Arrow will be enchanted by this castle.

- I also think. I can even see his eyes shining as soon as he gets here tomorrow. – Donghae saw the other colorful details and laughed because he knew that Arrow would want to touch everything – Tomorrow will be the best day of Arrow's life.

Hyukjae agreed and realized that Donghae was crying. He approached the brown-haired man and wiped his face, smiling and saying:

- Everything is going to be alright. You know this.

- Yes, but... Don't you think this is all too surreal? It's just... – he sniffed and wrapped his arms around Hyukjae's waist while Hyukjae hugged him by the shoulders – I'm happy.

- Me too. I'm very happy.

Donghae smiled and walked away while wiping his face. He was about to say something when Ryeowook entered the room and said:

- Wow! What a beautiful decoration! – he hugged them both and smiled – You really thought of everything when you decided that this would be the decoration.

- Arrow is in love with polar bear, so you can't wait to see the costume he'll wear tomorrow.

- I already know that he will be the cutest of all. – and realizing that he probably ruined a moment, Ryeowook said – I think I better go and see the kitchen, right? We have a lot of penguin cake pops to make.

- And I have to make the sponge cake to make the cake.

- So let's go to the kitchen because we have a whole night ahead of us.

Donghae and Ryeowook laughed, but nodded and followed Hyukjae to the kitchen. They would be working late, but everyone was excited because it was a very different thing than what they were used to.

And the important thing was that the next day was to see the most beautiful smile in the world in Arrow's face.

...–––...
The next day...

If Arrow managed to run, he probably would have run to the ice castle. However, his little legs only allowed him to try to walk faster in that cute polar bear costume. Hyukjae and Donghae held their son's little hands and smiled because his excitement was evident.

This definitely had to be the best day of his life.

- Happy birthday, Arrow!

The guests said at the same time and came over to hug Arrow, who was surprised, but then chuckled and clapped his hands. He didn't know almost anyone who was there, but he saw his parents and grandmothers close by. It was what he needed to feel a little more secure.

As it was written on the party invitation, all guests should be characterized as penguins. The children were so characterized and there were some adults in suits and ties so that they could imitate penguins. Arrow was the only polar bear while his parents wore white sweatshirts and also wore polar bear tiaras. They really looked like a very cute polar bear family.

But then Hyukjae went to the kitchen and took the food so that everyone could start eating. Many children were curious about Brazilian snacks and ended up eating – and Teresa approved everything, as Hyukjae followed the recipes to the letter. But everyone also liked the penguin-shaped cake pops and the other sweets that were there. Arrow, who at that moment was sitting on Donghae's lap, ate the pão de queijo while watching the other children running.

- Uncle Hae? – a girl approached and smiled – Can Arrow play?

- He can, but he can't run because he still doesn’t know. – he smiled and looked at Arrow – Do you want to play, baby?

And looking at the ball that was in his cousin's hand, Arrow pointed to the floor and smiled when Donghae let him be free to play. Obviously he couldn't be too far away, so the other kids came over to play too.

- Wow... – Leeteuk murmured as soon as he was able to sit and Hyukjae laughed – Do you intend to do this until when?

- Until Arrow's eighteen. But are you tired?

- Of course I am. We worked until 4am and I barely had time to sleep because I needed to come back here and leave the snacks almost ready. – Leeteuk took a deep breath, but then smiled when he looked at Arrow who was playing with his cousins ​​– But you must be very proud of him.

- Of course I am proud of him. Arrow came in such a surreal way, but there he is celebrating his fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter