Fifty-six

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hi there ^^

sorry I took ages to update this fic. I had some problems and also I was working hard on my book that was published a month ago. I will be back with this story and also I'll update my other stories from now - I still have many stories to post and I hope I'll have you guys with me in this journey ^^

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter :)

see you <3

When he woke up the next day, Donghae had a strange feeling because he simply didn't have his babies around – all three babies, after all. Arrow was nowhere to be found in the room, nor were the twins who had just been born. It was uncomfortable to be without his children and he couldn't wait to see them.

The body hurt a little, as did the places where the scars were located. He tried to sit up and groaned, looking to the side as soon as Hyukjae stood up and went to the bed to make sure his boyfriend was okay. It was nice to see Donghae waking up after hours.

- I'm glad you woke up. – Hyukjae whispered after kissing Donghae's forehead – How are you?

- Thirsty and hungry. I want to see my children too.

The chef smiled.

- Arrow went home with Destiny. There was no place for them to sleep here. Your mother accompanied them too, but said she will bring them.

Donghae nodded.

- And the babies?

- The nurses were just waiting for you to wake up to bring them. I'll let them know you're awake. – Hyukjae gave Donghae a small kiss on the lips – I want you to know that I'm very proud of you.

- Why?

- Because you are always the strongest and know how to deal with things. By the way, Eleanor sent a message saying you can make an appointment when you're ready to talk.

- Alright, I'll do it. – the brunet sighed – Can I sit down?

- I'll adjust the bed for you, Hae. Just a minute. – Hyukjae took the controller and adjusted the bed so that Donghae was sitting. He would do everything he could to make his boyfriend feel good – Is that better?

- Much better. Thanks. – he smiled – Now go get my children.

Hyukjae laughed and nodded, kissing Donghae and then leaving the room. The brunet stayed there, waiting and waiting. He hoped that they were well and happy with their bellies full. Donghae already imagined the twins sleeping contentedly like kittens that would purr happily. It was cute to think about and he really wanted to see his children as soon as possible.

Why was Hyukjae taking so long?

The door then opened and it wasn't Hyukjae. It was Sunny who smiled and waved at Donghae. She sanitized her hands and approached the bed, then said:

- Good morning, Donghae. How are you feeling?

- Tired and hungry. Thirsty and I want to see my babies.

Sunny giggled.

- All this will be resolved soon. I came here to see your bandages. You were very strong and handled the surgery very well.

- Was it too long?

- Yes, but successful. We have to thank the doctor who came to help us. It took months of study to perform this surgery.

- I'm glad everything worked out. – Donghae smiled and let Sunny examine the scar – When can I go home?

- I just want to watch you for a few more days, but I know it won't be very long.

- My babies will come out first, won't they? – Sunny nodded – I don't want to be without them.

- You won't be without them, Donghae. Do not worry. – she smiled, his shoulder – Good news: everything is going very well and you will heal as expected.

This made Donghae smile a little. He didn't want to stay in the hospital forever, but he ended up realizing that having two surgeries took a lot out of his body and it would be necessary to wait.

And what made Donghae really smile was the moment the door opened and Arrow ran towards the bed. Soon after, Hyukjae and another nurse appeared, holding the babies, and the second meeting between father and twins was really emotional.

Tears left Donghae's eyes when he saw his three children gathered in the same place. From the oldest to the youngest, children were everything in the brunet's life. He would never allow the world to harm those precious babies.

- You woke up, dad! – Arrow exclaimed and smiled when Destiny sat him down on the bed – I'm so happy, dad.

- That's good, little tiger. I like it when you're happy like this. Have you seen your brothers? – Arrow nodded – And will you be a good big brother?

- I will. – a gentle smile appeared on the boy's lips. Arrow wanted to hug Donghae and never let him go, but he had to move away a little so his dad could see the twins.

- They are so beautiful. – the brunet whispered as soon as he held the two babies in each of his arms – What are their names, Arrow?

- His name is River and her name’s Winter. Aisha helped me choose these names. – replied the little one who was proud – Gaeul helped me choose the names in Korean, so he calls Junghoon and she Jihye.

- The names are beautiful, Arrow. – said Hyukjae as he hugged his eldest son – Why did you choose these names with your friends?

- Because we wanted cool names. – he smiled widely – And Jihye sounds like a princess's name.

Donghae chuckled and Hyukjae said:

- She's the princess of the house now, Arrow. Our little princess.

They looked at the babies, who were looking at Donghae, and Sunny said:

- We'll let you have your family time now. We'll come back later.

- Can someone just get me something to eat, please?

- I go, Mr. Lee. – said Destiny with a friendly smile – What would you like to eat?

- Ramen, rice balls and pork. Oh! Mushrooms too. There is a vegan restaurant nearby and they make delicious snacks. – he replied and looked at Hyukjae – Give her the money, please.

Nodding, Hyukjae took the money from his wallet and handed it to Destiny, who smiled and went out to buy lunch. Donghae finally got some water and was very happy about it.

- How are you, dad?

- I'm very happy now.

- Great. – Hyukjae kissed Donghae's temple and smiled – We'll do our best to make sure you're well in the next few days.

Donghae smiled and didn't stop looking at the babies. There was a good feeling that couldn't be explained with words. It was one of those sensations that gave a warm feeling in the heart and a new meaning to life.

Seeing the complete family, after all those months, made Hyukjae and Donghae excited about the future.

...O...
Days later...

Donghae stayed in the hospital for a week as Sunny wanted to make sure he was fully recovered before going home. Hyukjae spent all those days with his boyfriend, keeping him company, while Ari and Destiny took care of the children at home.

Fortunately, all that torture came to an end when Sunny said that Donghae could go home and join his family. Hyukjae packed the small luggage with clothes and some other things that had come in handy over the past few days. After that, they went to the car and Donghae slept for a while on the way.

They arrived and Hyukjae woke Donghae up. Getting out of the car, they went home and the brunet smiled when Arrow ran towards him and jumped with joy. Donghae ruffled his son's hair and sat on the couch, hugging the little one who looked at him as if he had been separated from his father for six years.

- Let your father rest, okay? – Hyukjae said and Arrow nodded. Donghae kissed the top of his son's head and held him in his arms – Do you want to eat something?

- I just want my bed now. Where are my other two children?

- In th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter