Forty-seven

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hello hello ^^

it's been a while, hasn't it? but I can say that my delay has a big reason: I published my first book on Amazon ^^ and this year was decisive for me because I wanted to start my career as a writer and I have so many things to write and I'm happy, scared and me feeling accomplished

so I invite you to read my book here - portuguese
I also invite you to follow my new story here - portuguese
and I invite you to read this blog that I wrote right here on the site - and I hope this one is as happy for everyone as it was for me <3

I hope you enjoy this new chapter :)

see you <3

- I got it! – Arrow shouted when he got home and saw Hyukjae sitting on the couch. The chef looked at his son and laughed, as the boy was so excited.

- What did you get, Arrow?

- I'm going to dance at Grandma Mikyong's performance, appa! – he threw himself into his appa's arms and smiled widely. Ari just put his backpack on the shelf and then sat on the couch – I'm going to dance with Aisha. She will be the fairy and I will be an elf. But I don't know what an elf is, appa.

Taking the cell phone, Hyukjae searched for elf and showed a photo to Arrow who tilted his head to the side.

- But dad had my hair cut. What am I going to do now that I don't have long hair like this elf?

- You can wear a wig. – halmeoni said and Hyukjae agreed – I bet you'll be the most beautiful elf in the whole world.

- What is a wig?

- It's hair. Do you remember when you dressed up as a werewolf? – Arrow nodded – Namazzi-ssi put a wig instead of his hair.

- Oh! I like that. – the little boy smiled widely – But we rehearsed a lot today. Grandma said we're not going to perform now, but soon because we need to dance pretty on the day.

Hyukjae hugged Arrow, kissing the top of his head, and said:

- You and Aisha will be the most beautiful dancers this country has ever seen. Well... Maybe after your dad and me.

Arrow chuckled. Ari said:

- Go shower so we can do our homework, Jiwoon-ah.

Nodding, Arrow took off his ballet slippers and placed them on the shelf. Then he skipped to his room to get some pajamas – and this time the print was a skull, a gift from Yesung – and then his towel. Since he already showered alone, Ari and Hyukjae needed to make sure Arrow didn't flood the bathroom.

Nobody wanted to see Donghae freak out later.

- How was the appointment, Hyukjae? I thought Donghae would be here too.

- The appointment was very good. We got important information for a new pregnancy and now we just need to try harder for a baby to come.

- And are you excited to be a father again?

Hyukjae smiled.

- For sure. I even looked for some properties for us to live in before the baby was born. And you're coming with us, Ari.

- Me? Why?

- Donghae thought it would be a good idea to keep you close to us. Not to take care of the grandchildren, but to never leave our side. We like you a lot.

Ari smiled.

- It's good to know you guys want me around. And I'll be very happy to help look after the children so that you and Donghae can work.

Hyukjae smiled and remembered something very important.

- Can Arrow sleep at your house today? Donghae and I want to have a romantic night.

- To start making babies? – Hyukjae blushed, but nodded – Of course. I'm going to get Arrow some pajamas and pack his backpack for the next day.

- I got it.

Ari smiled and Hyukjae went to Arrow's room to get his pajamas. And he got a surprise when he saw the boy sitting on the bed playing with two cars and a robot.

- Why haven't you take a shower yet? You're going to sleep at your grandma's house tonight.

Arrow whimpered.

- Why, appa?

- Because your father and I have to talk about something extremely important.

- And what is this?

- Babies.

Arrow smiled widely and stood up on the bed.

- Are you going to put the seed in my daddy's belly?

Hyukjae looked at Arrow. He was so innocent, and it was better that he stayed that way.

- Well, yes. – he replied awkwardly – At least let's try and wait.

The boy never stopped smiling and Hyukjae laughed.

- When is the baby coming, appa?

- Takes too long, Arrow.

- Why?

Hyukjae narrowed his eyes as he scratched his head. He needed to come up with some excuse to satisfy Arrow's curiosity.

- Babies need to grow up and your sibling will be well protected inside daddy's belly.

- Will daddy eat the baby?

- No. The seed will grow in his belly and daddy will get a little chubby. Don't you remember the photo we showed you?

- When I was in daddy's belly?

- Exactly.

Arrow tapped his finger on his chin. Hyukjae looked at him and chuckled. What else could he say?

- Go shower, Arrow. I'll make some food for you and halmeoni.

- Ramen?

- It could be. But go to the bathroom and don't make a mess.

Arrow nodded and climbed off the bed, grabbing his towel and skipping into the bathroom. Hyukjae got some clean pajamas for his son, put them on the bed and went to the living room to pack his backpack – and took the opportunity to check if Arrow was doing all his school activities.

Luckily Arrow was a great student and his book was up to date. And it was so cute and special to see each new step that Arrow took. He could write his name in Korean and English, he could count numbers, and he even memorized the letters of the Korean alphabet. Arrow was a bright little star who had a beautiful future ahead of him.

Hyukjae was proud of his son.

***

Donghae arrived home and noticed two things: the candlelight and soft music playing in the background. He smiled and bit his lower lip as he caught the scent of smoked chicken and that bottle of wine on the table. Leaving his backpack on the shelf, Donghae took off his shoes and heard Hyukjae whistling in the kitchen.

The brunet walked up to his boyfriend and laughed softly when Hyukjae saw him and hugged him, kissing his jaw and saying:

- Welcome, Donghae. There's a warm bath waiting for you.

- Really? – the brunet was kissed on the lips and sighed – I love you so much, Hyukjae. You've been so thoughtful, but why don't you come shower with me?

- Because someone needs to keep an eye on the food.

Donghae clicked his tongue.

- Who cares about the food? We're going to be until the end of the night.

Hyukjae laughed.

- Don't spoil the mood, Hae. We're going to get , but first we have a delicious dinner and a bottle of grape juice.

Donghae looked at the table again.

- What happened to the wine?

- We won't have. Your doctor says you need to stay healthy, and I want to make sure of that. Your health is very important to me.

Donghae pouted.

- That was cute. – he murmured – And now I'm going to take a shower and wear your shirt.

- And then come to dinner. I'm sure you'll like the food.

Smiling, Donghae pulled Hyukjae by his shirt collar and whispered:

- And then you're all mine.

- Yeah, I'm all yours.

Donghae kissed Hyukjae, biting his lower lip, and went to the bathroom. The chef chuckled and shook his head, thinking how lucky he was to have such a… Quirky boyfriend.

Hyukjae then opened the oven and brushed the chicken with a sweet and sour sauce he had made. He checked the vegetables being roasted with spices like rosemary and sage, then picked up the plates that were placed on the table with two glasses and cutlery.

Donghae took a nice relaxing bath and got dressed to tease Hyukjae. With a big shirt that covered up to his thighs, the brunet put on boxers and went to the living room, sitting on the couch with his legs exposed. Hyukjae saw him and a mischievous smile appeared on his lips.

Donghae was unique.

- If you want to eat, dinner is ready. – said Hyukjae. The brunet smiled and stood up, going to the table and sitting in the chair.

- Is my son at his grandmother's house? – asked Donghae after placing the napkin on his lap – I bet Arrow pouted.

Hyukjae chuckled as he carried the chicken over to the table.

- He asked why he couldn't stay. Arrow said he wouldn't make any noise and would still sleep early.

- Of course he would say that, but we all know that Arrow is sneaky.

- Yes, but I told him that tonight is a very special night.

- How did you convince him, Hyukjae?

- Simple: I said that today is one of those nights when appa and dad are going to have a romantic date, but that later we would take him to the movies.

- It was a good deal. And it's been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter