Thirty-nine

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the party at the An family's house, Hyukjae took Donghae and Arrow home. The boy ate a lot and had his fun time with his best friend and so he ended up falling asleep before everyone even ate cake. Donghae felt happy and could tell he just needed a good night's sleep to replenish his energy. Hyukjae was also tired and wanted to sleep, but unfortunately he still couldn't sleep in Donghae's bed.

They wanted to wait a while because they decided that Arrow would be the first to know everything.

- Want to sleep at my house, Hyukjae? It's late and I don't know if you should go home.

- Can I sleep with you?

Donghae chuckled.

- You can, but tomorrow we will have to explain many things to Arrow.

- That's true, but I intend to kiss you before bed. And tomorrow I'm going to make pancakes for the people I love most in the world.

Donghae blushed.

- You are so kind. I love you.

- And I love you. – he stopped the car in front of Donghae's house – We arrived. I take Arrow.

Donghae thanked him and got out of the car. Hyukjae did the same, carried the sleeper Arrow and so they entered the house. After taking the boy to the bathroom, Hyukjae changed his son's clothes and laid him on the bed. After a good night kiss, Hyukjae left the room and saw Donghae sitting on the couch, taking a nap.

- Why don't you sleep in your bed? – Hyukjae kissed Donghae's cheek and smiled when the brown-haired man hugged him – Do you want me to carry you there?

- No. I have to tidy up the guest room for you.

- It’s just making the bed, Hae. I can do this. – they kissed – Now let's go. I'll put you to bed.

Donghae giggled, but held Hyukjae's hand and went to his room. After changing clothes, the brown-haired man lay on the bed and closed his eyes as soon as he was kissed by his boyfriend. However, both were so tired that they just wanted to sleep – and in order not to fall into the temptation of sleeping with Donghae, Hyukjae went to the guest room.

And so the house was silent with everyone getting a wonderful night's sleep.

...---...
The next morning...

Hyukjae woke up early and did his morning hygiene, heading to the kitchen to make some pancakes. He felt free to make breakfast at Donghae's house and saw that Arrow woke up and ran to the bathroom.

It felt like a casual morning if they all lived together like Hyukjae and Donghae had planned.

- Good morning, little one. – Hyukjae greeted Arrow who came out of the bathroom and yawned as he walked to the kitchen – Did you sleep well?

- I slept a lot, appa. But why are you at my house?

- Because your father thought it was better for me to sleep here. It was too late to leave.

- Ah... – Arrow hugged Hyukjae's leg – I'm happy when you sleep at my house.

- That's great. – Hyukjae smiled – How about pancakes?

- With strawberry jam?

- Yes.

- Yay! Can I wake up daddy? He likes strawberry jam.

- You're the one who knows and...

Hyukjae couldn't even finish talking as Arrow ran to Donghae's room to wake up his father. Hyukjae laughed, shook his head and continued making breakfast. He saw Donghae leave the room and go to the bathroom as Arrow bounced with Ghost to the kitchen.

It really was an ideal morning.

- We'll go to grandma's house later, right?

- She's waiting for us. Have you already made the gift for Heechul and Leeteuk?

- Not yet. I'm sad because they're leaving for Jeju. I wanted them to stay here forever.

- I know that, but it was one of those choices of the adult world.

Arrow snorted.

- I don't want to be an adult. – and then thought again – No. I want to have a car like yours, then I'll take dad to work.

- Who's taking me to work? – Donghae asked when he entered the kitchen.

- Me, dad. I'm going to grow up and buy a car and I'm going to drive you to work.

- Great. And what will your car be?

- Just like my appa's car. His car smells good.

Donghae smiled, kissed the top of Arrow's head and looked at Hyukjae.

- Speaking of good smell, what do we have here?

- Pancakes with strawberry jam. I also made a smoothie because I know you both love it.

- Thanks. You always make breakfast when you sleep here.

- So maybe you and Arrow could sleep at my place, so you make breakfast.

Hyukjae winked at Donghae who chuckled softly and blushed. Watching it all, Arrow giggled and ran to the couch to play with Ghost.

- We're being too obvious.

- Yeah, but I don't mind. He will know. – they laughed – By the way, I got an hour with the therapist tomorrow.

- I'm nervous.

- Me too, but I think it will be good. And I can pick you up tomorrow so we can go together.

- Or you sleep here again and we can go together.

Hyukjae smiled.

- I have to stop by the restaurant tomorrow, so I can't sleep here. But Yesung asked to spend a weekend with Arrow. He and Ryeowook are going on a sightseeing tour.

- Everything Arrow loves: hanging out. – Donghae sighed – I trust that they will take good care of Arrow, so he can go.

- And with that we can spend the weekend together.

- Oh, I like the idea. At my house, or at yours?

- At my house because your mother lives up here and she can see me going in and out of your house.

- I like how that sounds. And Yesung and Ryeowook just need to talk to me and I will give them my answer. – Donghae stretched his arms – Do you want help?

- I wish something else.

Donghae laughed.

- I'll watch TV with Arrow then.

Hyukjae nodded and really wanted to kiss Donghae, but then Arrow was watching the two of them while “hiding” on the couch. It was a very domestic morning for them, as if everything was going the right way. And maybe they wouldn't have to wait any longer to tell what was happening. Dating in secret was good, but at the same time it only made them come up with crazy ideas to keep the lie.

But the session with the therapist was going to be the useful point for them.

- Breakfast ready. – Hyukjae announced and saw Arrow skipping to the kitchen – Don't your legs hurt when you skip around the house?

- No. Aunt Chohee said I have the strongest legs and grandma Mikyong said I have nice feet. – Arrow climbed on the stool and swung his legs – I'm hungry, appa.

- Then let's eat. – and so Hyukjae took Arrow’s polar bear cup – I hope you both like it.

- You can cook, Hyukjae, so we'll like it. – Donghae smiled and sat next to Arrow, kissing the top of his head – You've grown so much that you can climb on the stool without help.

- And then I'll buy a car and take you to work.

The parents laughed and so the family began to eat while talking. Arrow, as usual, was a big chatterbox and was very happy to spend that morning with his parents who always showered him with love and affection. He didn't really understand what was going on, but he couldn't complain either. There was nothing else to make him sad as before.

Arrow was the simplest, happiest child in the world at that time.

~~~
Later...

When she saw Hyukjae and Donghae arriving at the party together with Arrow, Mikyong became very suspicious. She was sure something was up and even asked Ari – via text – if she saw anything different that day and all her friend replied was:

“Hyukjae slept at Donghae's house last night”

Mikyong no longer needed confirmation, but she also didn't want to force Hyukjae and Donghae to tell anything because she knew they would make up some story. That wasn't what Mikyong was looking for. Also, this was a party for three reasons:

Celebrate that Hyukjae has a new restaurant; Say goodbye – but not definitively – to Heechul and Leeteuk; And Yesung's surprise to Ryeowook.

And just preparing Yesung's surprise for Ryeowook, Donghae hummed while Hyukjae finished making dinner. Arrow was with Teresa and Mikyong, but he wanted little Ryeowook to arrive soon so they could play. Fortunately, Heechul and Leeteuk arrived and Arrow hugged his uncles before holding Ryeowook's hand so they could play.

- I thought he would be sadder when he saw us. – Leeteuk said and Hyukjae laughed – Does your son like me?

- He likes you, but Arrow is still four years old. He wants to play.

-Yeah, Teuk… – Heechul said and hugged Leeteuk – Wookie didn't stop talking as he was looking forward to playing with Arrow.

- That's true, but I'll miss them when we go to Jeju.

- A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter