Thirty-four

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lying on the stretcher, Arrow looked at his fingers and then looked at Donghae who was dozing on the couch. He had spent a few days in the hospital and hoped to get home soon because he wanted to sleep in his bed and see his cat. Arrow also wanted to see his grandmothers and his friends – although the latter involved him going to kindergarten.

Anyway, Arrow was tired of the hospital. He wanted to eat other things and he wanted to drink soda too. He wanted to eat the sweets that Donghae and Ryeowook made and also eat the sandwiches that Hyukjae made. Arrow wanted to go home and watch drama with his grandmother. There were so many things on his list he couldn't say.

- Daddy...

Donghae woke up with a start and went to Arrow.

- What's up, baby? Do you want to go to the bathroom? – Arrow nodded and Donghae helped him off the stretcher. After taking him to the bathroom, they went back to the room and the little one snuggled up on the stretcher with Boo-Boo and Clock – Do you want something to eat?

- I want ham sandwich.

- Unfortunately you can't eat ham, but bread can. I thin. I'll call the nurse and ask her to get you a really delicious snack.

Arrow smiled and thanked him, yawning and closing his eyes as Donghae walked away. The last few days were exhausting and all they wanted was to go home. Neither of them liked the hospital. But luckily the nurse came and Donghae talked to her who said she would bring a snack – and the fact that Arrow wanted to eat was a good sign of improvement.

- Daddy?

- What, little star?

- I want water.

- Okay. I'll get you water. – and so Donghae took the bottle of water that Arrow was drinking – How do you feel?

Arrow drank water and replied:

- I'm a little better, but I want to go to our house.

- Maybe tomorrow. And look, today appa comes to spend the night here with you.

- For real?

- Yes. He sent a message saying he's coming today, but I also have one more surprise.

And before Arrow could even ask what it was, he saw Gaeul and Aisha entering the room with Jihoon and Namazzi. Arrow's smile was so wide that Donghae could barely explain it.

- Hey, Arrow! – the children greeted the little one who giggled and waved.

- Wow! Why do you look like a robot? – Gaeul asked.

- I don't look like a robot.

- You do. You're on that computer there.

With that Arrow looked at the monitor and Aisha said:

- Then he will become a super robot.

Gaeul agreed and Arrow said:

- I don't want to become a robot. I want to be a tiger or a bear.

They chuckled and Namazzi greeted Arrow with a kiss on the top of the head. Jihoon also greeted the boy and they sat down to talk with Donghae.

- How is he?

- He got better. I think we're going home tomorrow. – Donghae sighed – I was dozing and got scared when Arrow called me.

Then Namazzi said:

- I can't even imagine your state of nerves. When Aisha broke her arm, I was also always scared when she called me.

- Same with Gaeul, but when he fell down the stairs and hurt his leg. I think being a father is very difficult.

- And you both only have one child. – they laughed – But Arrow is a strong boy. He'll be fine. In fact children are strong in a way that we are not.

- That's true. I don't think Arrow will eat anything that another child offers now. He told me that he only ate some vegetables from a classmate.

- Poor thing. But he's fine now.

Donghae nodded and said to Arrow:

- You need to invite your friends to your party, Arrow.

Arrow smiled widely and looked at his friends who were sitting on the stretcher with him.

- After I get out of here, I'm going to have a sleep... – he looked at Donghae – How did you say?

- Sleepover.

- That's right. Then I want you and you to go to my house to sleep there. – and so Gaeul and Aisha looked at father and mother who laughed and Jihoon said:

- I think a sleepover is cool. As for me, Gaeul can go.

- Aisha can go too.

And with that the children celebrated. They didn't even know what a sleepover was, but they were excited. Donghae didn't mind pampering Arrow as he had behaved very well during the trip and was now here in the hospital recovering.

- What can we bring to your sleepover, Arrow?

- Take your horse and Gaeul can take his dinosaur. Then we play in my house, singing and dancing.

- Will they watch us?

Arrow nodded and, shyly, Gaeul said:

- I don't like to sing to everyone.

- But Aisha never heard you singing.

Gaeul looked at Aisha.

- Will you laugh at me?

Aisha hugged Gaeul and said:

- I won't laugh at you.

Gaeul chuckled and Arrow frowned, but then they started laughing as they talked. The parents also talked and let the children have their moment. But as Arrow still felt bad, Namazzi and Jihoon thought it best to let him rest and the kids didn't like that too much. And after a lot of talking, Gaeul and Aisha waved to Arrow who waved and said to Donghae after everyone said goodbye and left:

- I want to go to the bathroom again.

- Alright. It's good that you shower too.

Donghae was about to take Arrow off the stretcher when Hangeng entered the room and said:

- Today you had a lot of visitors, didn't you? How is everything?

- Fine, but he wants to go to the bathroom. I was already thinking about bathing him.

- Then you can do it. I wait to examine him.

Donghae nodded and took Arrow off the stretcher to take him to the bathroom. The boy really wanted to go back home where he knew everything and could run around with his cat. And Arrow really missed Ghost. Then, after showering, Donghae dressed Arrow in his comfortable pajamas and took him back to the room. Hangeng smiled at father and son and said:

- It's good to see you're in a good mood now, Jiwoon. How are you doing?

- I'm fine, but I want to go home. I want to see my kitty.

- Let's see if you can be released tomorrow. I see you're doing much better, but do you still have pain in your throat?

- No.

- And do you have a headache? – Arrow shook his head – And how is your belly?

- I feel only a little pain.

- Do you feel like throwing up?

- No. Just that day.

Hangeng nodded and looked at Donghae.

- Was there a problem that night?

- No. Arrow slept very well. He only said about three times that he needed to go to the bathroom.

Hangeng nodded.

- Let's give Jiwoon more rehydration solution and see what happens tomorrow, but I'm sure he can go home and see his kitten.

Hangeng smiled as Arrow celebrated that he would see Ghost again.

- And can I eat ham sandwich?

- Not yet, but I can ask the nurse to bring you some delicious food to make you feel good. – and so he looked at Donghae – Slowly include the foods that Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter