Twenty-four

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, hello :)

well, this is another chapter without Arrow's cute moments, but next week I promise things will change :)
and before you read - because I know you are very angry with yunseo - I would like to say that yunseo is inspired by an aunt of mine and that is why he is so bad

anyway, I hope you like this chapter :)

see you <3

Arrow watched closely what Anna did to take care of Boo-Boo. He watched her wash his polar bear and then gently dry it. The bear's arm also had to be sewn, but at least everything was fine and Arrow could take his plushie home.

And in the end, Arrow had his polar bear back and hugged it hard enough to cough because of the heavy scent of fabric softener.

- It’s done, Arrow. Now you can take Boo-Boo home and take good care of him.

- And won't he need anything else?

- No. He just needed a good shower and a bandage on his arm, but now everything is fine. – she smiled – Shall we talk to your appa?

Arrow nodded and followed Anna who held his hand. Upon arriving there, they saw that Hyukjae was alone and the little one was happy as Yunseo had apparently left.

- So you took care of Boo-Boo? – Hyukjae asked and smiled when Arrow nodded and said:

- Anna said we can take Boo-Boo home.

- That's good. I bet Comet misses Boo-Boo.

Arrow's eyes widened.

- It’s true! Comet must be sad because Boo-Boo isn't home with her. – and then sighed – We can't leave Comet there alone.

- That's true. And I think we're going to bring Comet for a bath because she doesn't look anything like the tigress Teresa brought you either. – and with that Hyukjae took the wallet and the money – Here, Anna. You saved Boo-Boo and we are truly happy.

- Oh, Hyukjae-ssi... I do everything for Arrow and Boo-Boo. – she smiled – And don't forget to bring Comet so I can see how she is.

Arrow nodded and, before leaving with Hyukjae, said:

- Thank you, Anna. We'll come back later.

- Alright. I'll wait for you.

And with that Hyukjae and Arrow left and went to the car. The boy hugged his polar bear and smiled happily because Yunseo wasn't there, but Boo-Boo was and that was what mattered.

- What do you want to do now?

- I wanna eat.

- So let’s to Scarecrow?

Arrow nodded and continued to hug Boo-Boo. Hyukjae smiled and didn't mind that Yunseo was gone. He just wanted the weekend to be as good for Arrow as it always was.

***

Arrow couldn't stop laughing at Krystal and Kyuhyun who were always making jokes when he visited Scarecrow. Hyukjae smiled, seeing his son having fun, and looked at Leeteuk who approached and said:

- I thought you were going to shoot a video today.

- No. Not today.

- What happened?

-Well... Yunseo thought he should throw Boo-Boo in the trash.

Leeteuk's eyes widened.

- What? Why would he do that?

- Because, according to him, the polar bear was grimy and needed to go to the trash. Arrow was so sad and cried, but it was that silent cry.

Leeteuk sighed and said:

- If Donghae knows this, I don't even want to be you. He won't be pleased to hear that Yunseo did this.

- And do you think I don't know? – Hyukjae took a deep breath while rubbing his temples – I didn't expect Yunseo to do that.

- I must say I didn't either, but then aunt said what he did and I guess I'm not that surprised now. – he looked at his cousin and asked – What do you intend to do?

- I don’t know yet. I don't want Arrow to feel bad. He is the priority in my life and I made that very clear to Yunseo.

- Hyukjae… – Leeteuk pursed his lips, hesitating, but then said – Don't you think that this interaction between Arrow and Yunseo started in the wrong way?

- Of course I do. Donghae scheduled a talk with Jangmi for next week because Arrow was a little upset. I just didn't want Arrow to meet Yunseo that way. It looks like everything is wrong.

- Don't blame yourself, because you don't rule over destiny. The only thing you can do is talk to Arrow about the things that happen in your life. Donghae can't always be with you, Hyukjae. And you can't always be with him. You made the decision to create Arrow as a separate couple, and by now we all understand why. But you have to deal with it the way life is.

Hyukjae nodded and said:

- I'll stay with him. I want to talk to Arrow.

Leeteuk nodded and thus went back to the kitchen while Hyukjae went to the table and told Krystal and Kyuhyun to get back to work. Reluctantly they went and waved at Arrow who waved and looked at his appa.

- Are we going to eat pizza?

- Yes. Teuk will make the pizza, but first I want to talk to you.

- Why?

- Because I want to know if you're okay now. It's really cool that Mr. Kang found Boo-Boo, isn't it?

- Yes, but I was sad because Yunseo threw Boo-Boo away. Why did he do it? Daddy said no one can take other people's things without permission.

- That's true. It was a pretty ugly thing to do.

- And is he going to take my toys again to throw away?

- I won't let him do that.

Arrow nodded and said:

- I was going to ask you to take me to stay with my daddy.

- Why?

- Because I was sad and I like to stay with my daddy.

Hyukjae nodded.

- I understand that you were sad, but I want you to promise me that you are letting me know when you are sad. – and so he showed his little finger – Pinky promise?

Arrow giggled.

- Pinky promise. – and then he remembered something – I made a drawing for you and one for my dad.

- Serious? Is it in the backpack? – Arrow nodded – Then I'll put the drawing on the fridge door.

Grinning widely, Arrow hugged his appa and then sat down next to Boo-Boo again. He didn't want to leave his bear for a single minute. And seeing that his son really needed a happy day away from all those problems that would make him sad, Hyukjae had an idea:

- Arrow... How about if we visit grandma today?

Arrow's little eyes sparkled.

- Can we?

- Sure we can. Grandma will be very happy to see you. I'll even ask her if we can sleep over at her house today.

- Yay! Are we going to sleep at grandma's house like that day?

- If grandma lets it.

Arrow couldn't stop smiling. As much as he still felt that sadness that his poor Boo-Boo had ended up in the trash, he managed to be happy that spending a day at Mikyong's house meant a lot of fun and affection – well, all the people treated him very affectionately.

Anyway, Arrow felt her little heart happy again.

...O...
Days later...

With the weekend without Yunseo, Arrow was doing great. After spending the night at Mikyong's house – he ate a lot of cookies and fruit jam and even listened to the stories Teresa had to tell – the little one spent the other two days with Hyukjae and even helped him again in the kitchen to shoot a video for the channel of his appa.

Arrow was surrounded by people who liked him, but still he couldn't wait to get home and see Donghae.

One thing about Arrow was that he loved everyone in his life. He liked to stay at Yesung and Shindong's house, he liked to stay at his grandmothers’ house, he liked to go to the restaurant and he liked to spend the weekends with Hyukjae. Everything for Arrow was endless fun. However, staying at home with Donghae brought a comfort and security that he still didn't understand.

Arrow could be hugged by his father who would sing to him and kiss his forehead or cheeks. Sometimes they lay on the rug and watched a cartoon always with Ghost there to protect them too. Arrow felt that Donghae was always a burst of affection, so he felt comfortable enough to sleep without having any kind of nightmare.

Donghae was and always would be Arrow's safe haven.

But then Tuesday came and Donghae knew he needed to pick Arrow up from the daycare a little earlier to take him to Jangmi. He didn't want to show it, but he was so mad that Yunseo had thrown Boo-Boo in the trash and he just didn't want to see Hyukjae even painted in gold.

And Ryeowook realized that.

- Alright, Lee Donghae. What happened?

Donghae sighed and said:

- Today I need to take Arrow to talk to Jangmi, but I don't want to have to see Hyukjae.

- Why? And why do you have to take Arrow to talk to Jangmi?

- Didn't I tell you? Arrow met Yunseo. – and so Donghae saw Ryeowook frown – Calm down. Arrow met Yunseo and told me he didn't like him.

The blond laughed.

- Of course not. Who would like that guy?

- The problem is that, on Friday, Yunseo threw Boo-Boo in the trash.

Ryeowook widened his eyes and placed his hands on his hips.

- He did what? Why did Yunseo do this? Hyukjae told you?

- I don’t know why he did it, but who told me was Arrow. When I got home on Sunday, he was with my mom and she asked me to tell him what had happened. I couldn't believe it and didn't want to talk to Hyukjae either. Arrow was so sad while he told me he saw Boo-Boo all dirty and smelling bad.

- So is it okay if I say I hate Yunseo?

- I never said you shouldn't hate Yunseo. I just said you didn't have to go to jail because of him. – Donghae finished making the cake batter and put it to bake – You know... I thought Arrow was just jealous because Hyukjae is dating, but after knowing what Yunseo did, I really want him to stay away from my son.

- And you're not wrong to think so. Arrow is three years old and doesn't know how to defend himself against an adult. But I won't lie to you, Hae. If I could, I would fight Yunseo.

Donghae shook his head.

- Do not fight with him. As far as I know, Yunseo does this because he's jealous. The problem is, if this jealousy gets to my son, I can't let it go on. – and so he took off his apron – Can you make the ganache, please?

- Of course I can. Tell me what happens.

Donghae nodded, took the car seat he always had at the pastry shop – after all, he didn't like to drive, but he still needed his son to be safely in the car – and left. After calling a taxi, he went to the daycare and all the while thinking about how not to show that he was terribly angry.

Donghae never imagined he would face this at some point.

- Daddy! – Arrow celebrated when he saw Donghae waving – Are we going to see aunt Jangmi today?

- Yes. Are you ready? – he nodded – So let's go.

With that, Arrow grabbed his backpack and waved at his buddies. After waving at his teacher, he bounced off while holding Donghae's hand. The brown-haired man called another

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter