Fifty-three

Leading Us to This New Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

helo there ^^

so, this is how hyukjae and arrow are looking like for the shooting ^^

also, sweet and fun Ryeowook is from My Dear - Kiwicolada's story - and he'll appear in the sequel too :)

I hope you enjoy this chapter ^^

see you <3

Donghae was super nervous, but he still dressed up in the best outfit he had in his wardrobe. However, disguising the belly was a little more difficult than he could have imagined. It wasn't bad, since the two babies would be making their presence felt at the photo shoot.

Hyukjae and Arrow were ready and waiting for Donghae who shyly left the room and waved at the two not really knowing what to say. Being pregnant was a different and incredible feeling, but at the same time it brought a little anxiety because the brunet's first child was born almost six years ago and he didn't have as many friends as he did these days.

If that made any sense.

- You look beautiful, Hae. – Hyukjae said as soon as he stood up and kissed Donghae on the lips – Are you ready to go?

- No, but I'll be fine. – he smiled and looked at Arrow – You're so handsome. Who fixed your hair?

Arrow chuckled.

- Appa took me to the barbershop, dad. I wanted this haircut.

- And you look a lot like your appa. You always looked a lot like him, but now you look just like him.

- So the barber did one thing right. – Hyukjae said and smiled at Donghae – Let's go?

Donghae nodded and held Arrow's hand as Hyukjae opened the door so they could get out and get in the car. Once there, the appa started the vehicle and drove downtown towards the Joo's company. They were supposed to do the photoshoot in January, but too many things were happening at the same time and they had to schedule it for March. Anyway, that didn't alleviate what Donghae felt about showing his body to strangers.

They arrived at the company after forty minutes of transit. Arrow was very excited to take pictures and just didn't jump to the door because his parents wouldn't allow it – but since he knew Aisha and Gaeul would be there too, he could play with his friends.

- Good afternoon. We have a photoshoot scheduled with Namazzi Kaoma.

- Good afternoon sir. What is your name?

- Lee Hyukjae. I'm here with my boyfriend and our son.

The girl checked the book and found Hyukjae's name. She took three badges and handed them to the family who thanked her.

- You can wait, because you will be called soon.

They nodded and went into a room where the Ahn family was waiting to be photographed. Daehyun and Jihoon were with the three boys and Arrow ran up to Gaeul who greeted his best friend and said:

- I thought you would never come again.

- Why?

- Because we got here a long time ago. – Gaeul snapped his fingers several times and Arrow laughed – But come meet my cousins.

- I already met them, Gaeul.

- You can meet them again, Jiwoon. – the older boy pulled his friend and took him to greet the two boys. Yejun tried to hide behind Yujun's stroller.

- Why did he hide?

- I don't know. – Gaeul looked at his cousin and smiled – Come here, Yejun. Jiwoon-ah is my friend.

- But what if he laughs at me?

- Why would I laugh at you?

Yejun pouted.

- Because I'm small. One of Gaeul's cousins said I'm a baby and no one would play with me.

Arrow chuckled and said:

- I will not do it. Do you like to play pirate? – Yejun nodded – Gaeul and me too. You could sleep at my house and we would play a lot.

- Can my brother go too? – Arrow looked at the 1 year old baby in the stroller and replied:

- He can play with my siblings who will be born. Yujun is a baby, right?

- Yes, but Yujun can't walk. He needs a baby walker. – Gaeul said and Arrow nodded – Then we can have a big party at my house and play pirate there. I have a Batman suit, you know, Jiwoon-ah?

- You told me. Are you going to be the pirate Batman?

- I am.

- So I want to be the pirate Spider-Man.

Yejun asked:

- Can I be the pirate Iron Man?

- Yes, you can. – Yejun smiled widely and got out from behind the stroller – Shall we call Aisha?

- Isn't this a boys-only sleepover?

Arrow pouted. He really enjoyed the sleepovers with Gaeul and Aisha, but since it would be at the Ahn house, he couldn't just make the rules.

- What's an boys-only sleepover, Gaeul-ah? – Aisha asked and the boys were startled. The only one who giggled was Yujun when the girl pinched his chubby cheeks – I can't go?

- It's a boys' party, Aisha.

- Ok. I'm going to have a party at my house and I won't invite you, but all children can come to my party.

- And what day are you having the party, Ai? – Arrow asked. Aisha shrugged and replied:

- The day Gaeul has his party. And only the baby will be able to come to my party. Omma is going to order cupcakes from uncle Hae's pastry shop and sandwiches from Hyukjae-ssi.

Gaeul was shocked by Aisha's audacity.

- My party will be a thousand times cooler than yours. – said Gaeul.

- I want to eat cupcake, Gaeul hyung. – whispered Yejun – I'm going to her party.

- You can't go, Yejun!

- But there will be cupcakes, hyung. – the boy whimpered and Aisha hugged him – Can I go to your party?

- Of course you can. But Arrow and Gaeul cannot.

Gaeul narrowed his eyes and Arrow suggested:

- We could have a big party at my house if my dad lets us. There everyone can go.

Aisha crossed her arms.

- Gaeul doesn't want me at his party, so why would I go to the party at your house, Arrow?

Before Arrow could respond, Gaeul said:

- Go to my house then, Aisha. I just don't know if you're going to like what the boys do.

- And what do you do that I don't?

Gaeul replied:

- Fart battle.

Arrow slapped his forehead and Aisha rolled her eyes.

- You think I don't know how to fart?

- You're a girl, duh.

- And? I used to do burp battles with my cousins. I won three times.

- Serious? – Arrow asked with shining eyes as if Aisha had won ten thousand more points.

- Yes. But if Gaeul thinks I can't handle a fart, I can't go to his party.

Gaeul looked at Aisha and tried to read the girl. She didn't look anything like someone who could handle the boys' party, but then he was amazed to learn that she was as strong as he thought.

- All is well then. You can come to my party if you want. We're going to eat hot dogs.

- And so can we go to your party, right, Ai?

Aisha arched an eyebrow.

- You guys can. But at my party I choose the games.

- Can we play lava on the floor, Aisha noona? – Yejun asked – In my old house, I used to play that there was lava on the floor.

- Oh! I like the idea. – Aisha hugged Yejun even tighter – So everyone is going to my party.

- And you're going to Gaeul's party? – Arrow asked and she nodded – And mine too?

- Yes.

Arrow grinned widely and the kids continued to argue about what they were going to do for their sleepovers. Donghae grimaced and whispered:

- Were they really talking about a fart battle?

- Yeah… – Jihoon replied – And the worst part is that this will happen at my house. A group of little pigs.

Hyukjae and Daehyun laughed. Donghae sighed already thinking about how the babies in his belly would handle an older brother like Arrow. The twins could even act just like him. But the brunet didn't even have time to think about it when Namazzi entered the room and put his hands on his hips.

- Aisha Kaoma Joo! - exclaimed the mother in English - I can't believe you ran away here.

- I wanted to see my friends, omma.

Namazzi sighed and massaged her temples. Aisha pouted, but escaped punishment when her mother looked at the adults and said in Korean:

- Sorry to have arrived like this, but I hope you are well. Shall we go to the studio to start the photo shoot?

They nodded and got to their feet, following Namazzi who took Aisha's hand for them to leave. Arrow, Gaeul and Yejun chatted and laughed the entire time. Arriving, then, at the studio, the families were separated, as the Ahns would put on makeup – since they were there for the agency's new campaign – and the Lees went to the set.

Arrow was more than excited to take pictures with his parents and behaved very well when a girl came over and ruffled his hair. Hyukjae and Donghae also had their hair styled and a bit of makeup to enhance their eyes. The family was all ready and Arrow waved at Aisha who giggled and hid her face.

It didn't even look like they had discussed fart battle minutes ago.

The photoshoot started when Hyukjae hugged Donghae from behind and Arrow placed a kiss on his father's plump belly. After a while, maybe after the tenth picture taken, Donghae started to have fun and joked with Arrow who was trying to hold a pilates ball with Hyukjae's help.

They didn't have to pretend they were happy. There was a moment when Arrow pulled away and Hyukjae wrapped his arms around Donghae's wide waist. The brunet blushed a little and smiled as his boyfriend brushed his nose against his and whispered:

- I love you lots.

The photo was taken as Donghae stood on tiptoe to kiss Hyukjae. The shooting went off without a hitch and Arrow came back t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter