Ch. 47

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

TAEHYUNG POV

I sat at my desk, staring at the computer monitor that displayed the camera feed from all over the house. Nari was still sitting on the bed. It seemed like every time I looked at her that's what she was doing, I won't lie something inside me seemed to gnaw at me, I hated this. I hated having to be this way, but I let my guard down once before and look where it got me. It was better not to feel anything anyway, feelings only clouded judgment...

I chewed on the skin on my thumb. I know that Hoseok and her had gone to school together, that didn't bother me. It was the fact that he was a cop. In my line of business a cop sniffing around wasn't a good thing, I know that Nari wouldn't have said anything that could of put me in danger, I should have handled it differently, I know that too.

There was a knock at the door, I pulled my attention away from the computer screen to look over at the door. "Come in!" I called. Jungkook walked inside. "What's up?" I asked.

Jungkook approached my desk, fixing his tie. "I just wanted to let you know that we have somewhere to be tonight." He said.

"What is it again?" I asked, lately my days have been sort of blending together. "Oh, and how much longer before I can get this damn cast off? It's driving me nuts." I had tried almost everything to reach this spot on my arm that has been itching like crazy but nothing worked.

"Any day now, we can stop by and see Yoongi first. But we have to meet with Namjoon tonight, he has new stuff in and wants you to be the first one to check it out." He answered.

I nodded my head. "Yes. Let's do that. When do we leave?"

Jungkook checked the watch around his wrist. "We need to be at Namjoon's about 9:30 p.m. so, if we are going to be stopping by the hospital first, then we should probably be leaving within a half hour."

I pushed the chair back, buttoning my suit. "Okay, let's go then." I said, rounding the table and walking towards the door.

"Go ahead and go to the car, I'm going to get something to drink from the kitchen, is there anything you'd like to drink on the ride?" He asked, following behind me.

"I'll take a bottle of water." I answered, walking down the stairs.

 

What felt like an eternity later, Jungkook came jogging outside to the car, two bottles of water tucked in his arm. He opened the driver side door and got in. "Here you go, sir. Sorry for the wait, I had to use the restroom before we left." He said, breathing heavily as he handed me one of the plastic bottles.

I unscrewed the lid and took

Please log in to read the full chapter