Ch. 10

Sinners
Please log in to read the full chapter

Blinking my eyes open, bright sunlight filtered through the open blinds of the large window, through half lidded eyes, I noticed I wasn't in the same room as usual. Instead of the brown walls, they were pitch black and bare. The carpet was a dark gray color. A black leather chair sat against the wall next too a walk in closet, it's door opened ajar where I could catch a peak from where I was, but all I could see was black everything. I must be in Taehyung's room. 

I pushed the silken sheets off my legs, my muscles screaming in protest with each movement. I swung my legs off the side of the bed so my feet could dangle off the bed. I couldn't really remember what happened last night, or why I was in Taehyung's room. Or.... Why I was wearing someone else's shirt. I looked down at myself taking notice of a oversized black shirt, the V-line plunging quite far. Having to pull on the material back up so it would stop sliding off my shoulder. The smell of cologne filled my nostrils, it reminded me of a walk in the forest after a long rainfall. I couldn't picture Taehyung wearing something like this, I pictured him more of a spicy/leather smell. 

I slid off the bed, my feet landing on the soft plush carpet. I really needed a cup of coffee and then find someone and figure out exactly what happened last night, trying to fill the holes myself was just making my head pound. I tiptoed over to the closed door, reaching out and turning the knob until it opened, I still wasn't quite used to being able to come and go as I pleased, I kept expecting the door to be locked when I tried to open it. I looked both ways before exiting the room, holding the hem of the shirt down, feeling all too aware of just how short it was, I walked as quickly as I could to the room I stayed in, opening the door and quickly closing it behind me. I let out a sigh of relief. No one had saw me. 

Searching through the clothes in the closet, I just grabbed a pair of jeans, slipping them on. What was with Jimin and making everything so tight? I pulled on the waist band of the pants, barely leaving any room. I pulled a plain long sleeve shirt off the hanger and stuck my head through it, at least I could breathe in this one. Without looking at my reflection, I grabbed a hair tie that sat on the dresser, pulled my hair up and tied it into a messy bun before leaving the room. I didn't really care how I looked today, if Taehyung didn't like it he could kiss my quite frankly.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen, Chef Jaesuk already standing at the stove cooking something. Jungkook was in his normal spot at the counter drinking a cup of what I was guessing was coffee. He averted my gaze. "Good morning Nari." He said looking down into his cup.

"Good morning." I answered. "Good morning Chef Jaesuk, could I please get a cup of coffee?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Of course, I have eggs and bacon cooking, how do you like your eggs?" He asked, grabbing a clean cup out of the cabinet and filled it before handing it over to me. The scent of the coffee beans making my mouth water. "I wanted to say thank you for cleaning the dishes from the other morning." He gave me a small smile.

"Oh it was no problem. I dirtied them so it's only right to clean them right?" I asked bringing the cup to my mouth, tipping it back, taking a deep drink before pulling it away.

"You let her into your kitchen?!" Jungkook asked in shock, his eyes forming perfect circles. "It took me forever to get you to let me get my own coffee!"

Jaesuk chuckled, wrinkles forming around his eyes, you couldn't tell how old he was unless he smiled. "That is because I didn't like you, I'm still iffy sometimes." He shook his spatula at Jungkook. Watching them was like watching a father an son bicker. "Now her. I liked her from the moment she walked in. She's like the daughter I never had."

I felt my cheeks flush. "Oh I wouldn't go that far." I said holding up my hands in defense. "I just used to work as a server, so I know that it's never a good idea to piss off the person cooking your food." I joked. "They take that seriously."

Jaesuk tossed his head back with another chuckle. "That's right!" He turned his attention back to his cooking. "I didn't know you were a server before." 

I scratched the back of my neck. "Yeah, I was a server by night. Then I did other odd jobs when I had free time. Either working at a gas station, a market, you name it. Anything I could do to make money I gu

Please log in to read the full chapter