Predicament

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"DREAMS DON'T COME TRUE THAT EASILY"

***

"That guy, will he be okay?"

 

Minjoo peeked beside the unicorn after they went for a lengthy talk. Apparently, the unicorn is assigned by its superior on a mission to purge the Great Four who already tainted deity names by doing whatever they want. Eunbi and Nako discussed for quite some time before deciding to believe in the unicorn. 

 

After getting the words to let it coming with the girls, the unicorn offered its healing abilities to be used upon the injured angel. As soft light wrapped around the heavily injured angel, those wounds magically disappeared and only traces of blood left on his shirt.

 

"Damn, unicorn healing abilities is really up to the myth. You really are an amazing creature."

 

Nako is amazed yet again looking at the unicorn. Before, the unicorn helped the girls to stop bleeding on the angel only. However, it changed its mind as the girls is more approachable than it thought. They even willing to help a mere stranger who is lying unconsciously, giving the unicorn a positive impression.

 

"May I sit here?"

 

Minjoo question making the unicorn waking up from it's little daydreaming. It just tilted its head, indicating that Minjoo is permitted to sit by the riverbed. Watching the unicorn gentle gesture, Minjoo happily placed herself beside the majestic creature while picking up some stones before skipping it through the water body.

 

"You seems calm."

 

The unicorn comments when it see Minjoo acting unfazed by their current situation. Eunbi and Nako is busy discussing about their next step while both Chaeyeon and Hitomi volunteered to guard the area. Having nothing to do, Minjoo decided walking towards the unicorn, hoping that it can share a little bit more of its mission.

 

"Am I? Do I look really calm?"

 

Minjoo asked in return which made the unicorn keeping mum for a few seconds. Worried that she might hurt the unicorn feeling by her question, Minjoo turned her head at the unicorn.

 

"On the outside, yeah. You sure look calm but it's different to your inside. I can sense that you have another concern, a tinge feeling of… Agony?"

 

Minjoo is flustered to hear such words coming from the unicorn. She heard faint chuckles coming from nowhere, some whispers saying that all the words muttered by the unicorn is the truth, mocking Minjoo to reveal her ugly side to the world. 

 

Minjoo took a deep breath before turning her head towards the mythical creature. She wants to retaliate, denying those nonsensical words spouted by the unicorn but nothing escaped . She can't seem to deny those sudden revelation by the unicorn.

 

"You won't ask me why I said those words?"

 

Watching Minjoo just staring at it blankly, the unicorn braces itself to question pretty girl who is now sitting silently beside it. This is the first time for it to not having retaliation coming from side whom it interact which made it curious. However, when the unicorn turned it head, it is flustered to see Minjoo face drenched with tears.

 

"Eh? Eh??? Why are you crying? Is it because of my words just now? I am sorry. Ah, others already told me off because I always blatantly saying anything on my mind."

 

The unicorn tried it's best to comfort Minjoo but it seems that the girl is heavily affected by its previous words. Worried that it might have incurred wrath from the other girls for making Minjoo cries, the unicorn wrapped its wings to the sobbing girl, hoping to at least help Minjoo to feel better.

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you sad. You know, I didn't have any friend before so I am not sure how to act around others."

 

Minjoo is fascinated by the unicorn sincere words. Somehow, this horned horse remind her of Chaewon. The grumpy yet cute older girl also having difficulties to express herself when she is actually a fluff ball. A baby cheetah even.

 

On the other hand, the unicorn is disheartened to see Minjoo bawled her eyes out. It didn't know how to properly reacting in such situations so it just stay silent while rubbing Minjoo back with its wings. Eventually, Minjoo stopped crying and as she wiped away her tears, she said,

 

"No, what you said is the truth. It's just… I'm actually at a loss for awhile now. Everyone seems to move forward with amazing speed but m-me… I can just cry while letting Chaewon taking care of things for me. Sometimes, Yujin also helped even though she is younger than me and was supposed to lean on me."

 

Minjoo sniffles as she rubbed her eyes. Her raspy voice is making the unicorn chuckles in admiration.

 

"Are you laughing because of how childish I am?"

 

Minjoo questioned the unicorn while pouting.

 

"Nothing like that, really. I must say that you right now are quite amusing yourself. Don't degrading yourself too much. You are amazing just the way you are, human. Now let's go, your friends are calling us."

 

The unicorn quickly turned towards Eunbi, Chaeyeon, Nako and Hitomi while leaving Minjoo in confusion. She didn't get a chance to ask the unicorn further as her members are waving at them already. Minjoo heaved a sigh before standing up from her place and putting up a smile on her face. 

 

I must not show my problem to them as we already had too much on our plate already.

 

Minjoo thought that she must never burdened her friends with her little concern at the moment as it is not worth her friends time; or so she thought.

***

"Come and meet me, Kwangbae. I'll be waiting for you. Doesn't want your other friends to die too, aren't you?"

 

The hologram Blauer chuckled before being cut off. Kwangbae stood bedazzled on his feet, staring at the empty space where the hologram just being projected. He is too stunned at the sudden, unexpected things unfolded in front of him.

 

"Why? Why would you do that?"

 

Kwangbae can feel his breath is becoming uneven as he kneeled on the floor. Suddenly, alarms are blaring throughout Akashic Room.

 

Intruder alert! Catch anyone who dare to breach Akashic Room!

 

They all can hear those or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter