The Calm Before The Storm

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"UNKNOWINGLY, MY HEART THAT HAS BEEN ASLEEP IS NOW RUNNING"

***

"Uwah, I am refreshed after having such a nice rest! Guess we really need to let loose once in a while."

 

Eunbi stretched her body as she walked out from the massage room. She never thought that her body is aching all this time due to the fact that she is stressed managing a total of 11 loud kids with diverse antics. It is good for her when those elves offered her some massage when the kids went out to explore the village.

 

Dryad didn't say anything to them since their last meeting a few days ago. Eunbi guessed that maybe the forest protector intentionally letting the girls having fun after acting so cranky. 

 

They all occasionally taking a bath in the hot spring in their villa, socializing with the elves while learning new things that may be useful for them to survive in the forest. Things that they learned pretty much as useful as Chaeyeon appraisal skills which made them feel really grateful for the elves hospitality so far.

 

Wonyoung also is getting familiar again with all of them but most of the time, she will follow Yujin wherever the girl headed to. Chaewon and Minjoo also sometimes accompanied those two on their walk throughout Vert.

 

Whenever they're free, the girls gathered together and playing well with the elves children, telling them stories of their journey so far. Of course, the fact that they are from another world is kept hidden to avoid any unnecessary attention.

 

Sakura and Nako together with Yena and Chaeyeon joined the elves hunting force, wanting to exercise their body while experiencing the elvish hunting style first hand. Eunbi and Wonyoung also joined in because they need to sharpen their skills as warriors.

 

In the morning, Minjoo and Hitomi will usually joining in with the elves healers for some real practice experience, healing sick people within the village. As for the mages, Hyewon, Yuri and Yujin are offered to join the elves mage division for their practice which all three of them gladly accepted. 

 

Training with Elves is really nerve-wracking because their movement is scrutinized by those spectators.  Thus, they need to put extra effort to compete with the elves as this race is really well-versed with magic. 

 

In order to maintain good relationship with the elves, Sakura and Minjoo teach them a good recipe to make biscuits and cookies which are becoming a huge hit with Vert denizens. For that reason, people are worshipping them for not only being pretty, but also kind and able to cook well.

 

Sakura & Minjoo:


 

Some young elves respected and idolized the girls which putting pressure for them to always well behaved whenever they are in public. However, all hell breaks loose when they are at home, making Eunbi wish that they live in an open space so that she will actually having a real break.

 

"Eunbi, I am lonely. Hug me."

 

Wonyoung whined at the older, begging for some attention. Being a good leader, Eunbi patted Wonyoung head, pampering the youngest who act like her usual self even though she actually losing her memories. As they snuggles, Wonyoung asked Eunbi to teach her about how to cast a spell faster as she is having difficulties to do so.

 

"Well, first you must have a good mental image of what you want to cast and then…"

 

Eunbi is patiently teaching the giant baby. She may be the tallest within the group and sometimes acting like a mature lady when in fact she is just a clingy baby who needs to be showered with constant love from her older members.

 

Eunbi & Wonyoung:

 

"Wonyoung, no fair. You can't hog Eunbi for you alone. Let us have our share of Eunbi love too."

 

Hitomi appeared with Hyewon as they just coincidentally meet each other on their way home. Wonyoung just chuckled at them while stepping away, giving people chances to be blessed by Eunbi never ending love.

 

"Sorry Wonyoung, this is the only time we can be this close to Eunbi and hugged her. The cherry blossoms will never let us touch Eunbi let alone hugging her."

 

Hyewon muttered while patting the baby bunny back who went slumped onto the sofa. 

 

Hitomi, Eunbi & Hyewon:

 

On the other side of the village, Sakura halted on her steps when she felt something tingling her sense. She jerked her eyebrows when she monitoring her surroundings, want to find out the source of her uneasiness.

 

"Must be my imagination. Oh well."

 

Sakura resume her practice with Nako who is trying to chase her and pinpoint Sakura location to train the smaller girl to be able to conceal herself well while tracking a high speed opponent which is Sakura.

 

Sakura:

 

"Ugh, Sakura is too good! Can't I work with Sora though? I thought that we will be able to detect her better when we work together."

 

Nako grunted while taking a brief break on the tree branch. Detecting Sakura is no easy task because the girl is too good in hiding and concealing her presence.

 

Nako:

 

"No, Nako! Don't rely on your familiar too much! Why do I have this uneasiness feelings? Am I hungry?"

 

Chaeyeon is squashing Sora who is struggling to escape the girl grip. It had to accompany Chaeyeon who is letting Maki running around to increase it's agility.

 

Chaeyeon & annoyed Sora:

 

Meanwhile, Yujin and Yuri is practicing to shot their spell continuously at Yena. They are currently conducting mock battle where Yena need to dodge all of the incoming attack from the mage in order to train her reaction time and also sharpen her ability to analyze the situation faster. Yena noticed that albeit being a warrior, her defense is quite high compared to the others so she thought that maybe there is something more than just being a warrior.

 

"Yena, stop daydreaming!"

 

Yujin stern voice disrupted Yena from her little distraction. The oldest girl between the trio swiftly evading upcoming continuous attack from both Yujin and Yuri before taking cover behind the tree. She stabilized her erratic breath before devisi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter