Rising Problem

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"A WHOLE MESS"

***

"What kind of nonsense are you spouting around?"

 

Hitomi shouted in response towards the voice that greeted her. In return, she just got a hearty laugh from the unknown voice. Feeling annoyed, Hitomi is contemplating to destroy the whole room in order to stop those infuriating voice. She even thought about several ways to completely wipe off the room but then, she holds herself because she just reminded that maybe her test is yet to be completed.

 

"Interesting. You possess so much potential yet not anyone can detect your speciality? Hmm, no. One of you do realize about your endless talent."

 

The voice turned serious after laughing for quite a lengthy time. Hitomi is frowning upon listening to the voice which seems to talk to itself rather than striking a conversation with Hitomi. She shot her stares towards the hallway and turned her back, just to make sure that no enemies are within her vicinity. She even tried using her Map skill to search for any possible threat but it gives no response, indicating that Hitomi is safe.

 

"Care to tell me about you? Are you here to test me or what?"

 

Hitomi rolled her eyes as she is growing tired of waiting for the voice to stop babbling. It somehow sounds amuse, talking about something that is unclear for Hitomi to digest. 

 

Moreover, Hitomi can feel that she is already at her limit and she can only fare for another small fight before she lost her consciousness. Then, her stomach suddenly grumbles, making Hitomi covered her tummy in embarrassment. True, she couldn't see the owner of the voice but she is quite sure that person might have heard her belly little concert.

 

Hitomi:

 

"Ahh, my bad, my bad. I will make this fast then! Let me check about your compatibility with these little creatures. Wait up. Oh, great!"

 

Hitomi is trying to control her thinning patience by exhaling loudly. She tried meditating with herself, telling that this person may be an awkward fella who just too absorbed with their own thinking when an inspiration strike them or something that piqued their interest showed up.

 

"I see! Sorry for taking your time! As a token of appreciation for your astounding performance just now, I will grant you the power to control all elements! Yeah, I know it's better to give this for a mage but then, you are the most suitable candidate to possess this power!"

 

Suddenly, the whole room is filled with drum roll making Hitomi confused because she is so sure that this world didn't supposed to know about drums yet. Or maybe it's just her assumption after visiting a few places. 

 

"Wait, what?"

 

Hitomi asked the voice for clarification of it previous statement.

 

Hitomi:

 

"In other words, I will present you your destined familiar! Now, please take utmost care of each other!"

 

Before Hitomi can complain, the voice already leaving her and soon after the voice is gone, the surrounding turned cold again. Hitomi is convinced that the presence of the voice earlier is the reason behind those warm conditions she felt earlier. However, her mind is more interested in what it said before completely gone.

 

"What familiar? Elementals spirit?"

 

As soon as she said that, six different creatures suddenly appeared around her. All of them looking at Hitomi silently, making the girl grew wary of them. She putting up we guard when she noticed that they all making a move. Hitomi is astonished to see them all kneeling in front of her while muttering at the same time, "Please make a contract with us, the Adept One."

 

The girl who is still buffering couldn't even blink when she heard their talk. She hangs her jaws when everything is finally sink inside her head.

 

"Who, me? What one now? Gosh, you all really have your own way to call us eh?"

 

Hitomi grumbles as she take a better look of her new familiar. She then able to noticed that she couldn't make a contract with six of them at the same time as it may exhausted her to the brim. Thus, Hitomi scratch her nape as she relay the information towards those six.

 

"We are very sorry for our ignorance. Give us a moment."

 

As Hitomi blinked her eyes, those six elemental spirits begin merging into one. Instead of being the big version which height is taller than Hitomi, they all are combined and become a cute version of elementals which is smaller form of them which Hitomi dubbed as 'Chibi' form. Fortunately, the 'Chibi' form is to Hitomi liking and realizing that those spirits becoming one already, Hitomi happily forming a contract with them.

 

"I present the name Noir for you to always remind me of who I am. Noir might bring the meaning black or something disturbing but this name is a mark where I am growing more than ever. So, Noir, nice to meet you."

 

Hitomi smile as the peach colored light shining upon them while a mark is registered on their body, indicating that the familiar contract is successfully formed. As soon as their ritual is done, the room they currently stay turned white and Hitomi is forced to be out from the room where her friends is currently waiting in the area where they first stood before entering in their respective rooms.

 

"Hiichan, took you long enough. Did I see our new comrade there?"

 

Nako:

 

Nako is quick to notice Hitomi presence with Noir sitting on the girl's shoulder. Chaeyeon, Minjoo, Yuri and Yujin who is talking animatedly among themselves shifted their gaze when they heard Nako words.

 

"Oh, you are back at last! Is it hard in there?"

 

Chaeyeon:

 

Chaeyeon greeted Hitomi warmly while embracing the girl into a bear hug.

 

"Who is this little fella? How did you find it?"

 

Yujin:

 

Yujin excitedly poking Noir who is trying it best to hide from the energetic puppy.

 

"You look quite exhausted, here, drink this."

 

Yuri:

 

Yuri commented while handing over a glass of water for Hitomi.

 

"I don't think I need to heal you because you also know how to heal but let me do you a favor."

 

Minjoo:

 

Minjoo smiled at Hitomi while casting her spell to help the exhausted girl recovers from her injury. Hitomi thanked everyone for their warm welcome and gestured Noir to step in front of them in order for her to introduce it towards her sisters.

 

"Everyone, this is Noir my partner. It is made up from a combination of six elemental spirits which are granted to me just now by an unknown voice."

 

Everyone is exclaiming as Hitomi done introducing Noir. They all summoned their respective partner which are Maki, Sora, Aden and Sol to make the familiar befriended each other. In the middle of everyone excitement introducing their familiar, Minjoo stood silently while offering her smiles watching them.

 

After a while, everyone is settling down and sit in a circle on a mat that Chaeyeon bought from WizShop. They are currently exchanging stories of their respective training which is apparently different exactly like their said from earlier.

 

"Let me tell you about my training first."

 

Yujin grinned widely as she flared her nose as she is petting Sol who is napping on her lap.

***

"Oh, did the test already start?"

 

Yujin scratch her head as soon as the door shut close behind her. The darkness looming in front of her didn't flinched the brave girl as she calmly walking across the room. Her eyes are lurking around, trying to find some clue to help her finish her training.

 

"I supposed something shall come out then? I need to train my mind right?"

 

But what kind of training will I face? I am a mage and somehow, I got Sol, a Cerberus as my partner. Is there any correlation with my real job?

 

While Yujin is pondering by herself, she came across a blue door and knocked it to find out whether there are people waiting inside or not. However, she heard some muffled cries while didn't make her thinking twice to budge open the door.

 

"What the heck-"

 

Yujin heart almost stopped because as soon as she opened the door, she is greeted by the scene of her friends who are tied and hang on top of a bridge of a mountain. She needs to hold her head to watch her friends terrified expressions as their mouths are stuffed with a piece of cloth.

 

"How is this possible?"

 

Yujin growled as she summons Sol to help her hiking the mountain and save her friends. Just before she can do that, a mysterious figure stepped in front of her while wearing a cloak, hiding his face from Yujin sight. That person even wore a horror skull mask which arousing countless questions in Yujin head.

 

"Welcome, Ahn Yujin. Master of Cerberus, Keeper of the Gates to Hades."

 

Yujin silently equipped her staff as she told Sol to get ready to engage in a battle. The masked person just chuckled as a blue scythe appeared in his hand. He just stood beside Yujin friends silently while looking at the tall girl face which turned ghastly as he swings his scythe to cut the rope that are hanging her friends.

 

"NO! NO NO NO!"

 

Yujin screamed on top of her lungs as she casted a wind spell to cushioned her friends who are falling at such unbelievable velocity. Unfortunately, as she is trying to save her friends, the masked man started attacking her, disrupting Yujin concentration on saving her friends.

 

"Fool, you can't possibly save them anymore!"

 

The masked man roared in laughter as he snapped his fingers and suddenly, a bolt of lighting crashing within the area and charred her friends, leaving them lifeless as they landed on the ground with breaking sound. 

 

Yujin can feel her mind is surging with uncontested rage as she sees how Sol is trying to her now dead friends, wanting to wake them up. Yujin bit her lip, wanting to believe that all of this is just a mere dream or an illusion but she can taste her own blood pooling inside .

 

"How dare you- How dare you!"

 

Her tears are no longer become a hinder towards her as Yujin unleashed her furiosity towards the masked man who just mocked Yujin for the way she is wailing to see her friend's death.

 

"You kill them! You kill my family!"

 

Yujin swings her hand at the man and suddenly, the masked person is thrown towards the ragged rock. As much as he is confused, Yujin didn't let him to stand on his feet as she hurled massive fireball, followed by a twister of tornado towards the man.

 

As he had no time to react, the masked man is caught in the vortex of Yujin attack, changing his sneer from earlier to a neverending scream which screeched Yujin ears. She is pissed off to hear that masked man disgusting voice and thus, just like he use lighting to kill her friends, Yujin combined her fire and wind spell to create a powerful lightning and strike the man, leaving none of his remains behind.

 

Yujin dragged her feet towards her friends scorched body and kneeled beside them.

 

"Wake up, wake up!"

 

Yujin cast her spell to her friends and even trying her best to formulate new spell just like she does to have lighting spell just now. Sol who is feeling sad like it's master trying to help too by channelling it's MP to support Yujin who is at the brink of losing her mind.

 

"Damn, none of the spell is working! Wait, what if I do this-"

 

Level up. New job unlocked.

 

Yujin frowned nervously as she heard the announcement in her head as she blinked, her surroundings turned white as she is forced out from the room. On her hand, she acquired a new weapon, the very same one that the masked person used just now. She noticed that the name of the weapon is 'Absolute Death'.

 

Yujin weapon, Absolute Death:

 

***

"Your training is sick."

 

Yuri winced as Yujin finished her story. She shook her head at Yujin who is just smiling innocently while showing off her new weapon, bragging that it suited her new unlocked job.

 

"Well then, I am glad that Yujin is able to unlock her job. What about you, Yuri? Is it my imagination or Aden is slightly bigger than before?"

 

Chaeyeon playfully patting Aden who is hovering near her which the fairy just pouted before hiding in Yuri clothes. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter