Android Kang Hyewon

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“YOU CAN CREATE THE FUTURE YOU DESIRE “

 

***

 

Ahh, I am already tired for today.

 

Whispered the angelic girl. Her features is so perfect as if she is the incarnation of Aphrodite, goddess of love from Greek Mythology. She peeked out of the window to see some greenery before going back home.

 

 

Life , really. Why can’t I just stay at home all day and do nothing aside eating and playing some game?

 

She sighed for the nth time and quickly gathered all her belongings. As soon as she pushed her chair to the table, a few student approaching her. They are fidgeting a bit before actually speaking.

 

“Err, Hyewon. Do you want to go back together?”

 

She almost rolled her eyes upon hearing that request but managed to keep her face stoic. She is trying her best to sound as neutral as possible without letting out her annoyance out right. With an awkward smile plastered on her face, she replied,

 

“I am sorry. I have other matter to attend.”

 

Like hell I want to spend anymore time surrounded by people.

 

Her heart screaming out loud that sentence. She quickly dismissed herself and walked passing through others.

 

“Ugh, Android Hyewon is real I say. You see her expressionless face just now, right?”

 

“I already said that it is useless to ask her. She is just like a robot without any emotion or needs to mingle around.”

 

“Such a waste when she has that beautiful face and gorgeous body.”

 

I can still hear you, you fool. Oh, thanks for the compliment though. I AM PRETTY.

 

Hyewon grunting while trying to get out from this crowded place filled with stupid people. She preferred socializing through network without having to face such hassle in real life.

2D is better than 3D. I really need my dose of game already. This is so tiring me out.

 

She let out her sigh and continue to mind her own business. She is not like this earlier in her life where she can socializing normally and hang out with most of her friends. She is one of the most talkative child back then but somehow, she just changed.

 

She is no longer the tomboyish Hyewon that love to mingle around and can easily start conversation with strangers. Heck, she even greet some dogs and cats on the street and venturing out when she is little.

 

I think I changed a lot because of THAT, huh?

 

Hyewon slammed her door and quickly changed into her favourite purple blouse with  black short. She tied her hair into high ponytail before booting up her 40 inch television and her Sony PS4. Scattered around her are some other gaming equipment such as Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, Wii and lots of her CD game stacked up against the wall.

 

 

She stretched a bit before jumping right into her safe haven - the virtual world. Her fingers are running at stupendous pace onto the controller with amazing concentration reflected on her face which is rarely found if she is studying.

 

Suddenly, a soft knock echoing through her door. Hyewon of course cannot hear it as she is too busy trying to stay alive within her world. Creaking sound of door indicating that someone is entering her room and soon standing behind Hyewon while crossing hand onto her chest.

 

“Kang Hyewon! For how long you want to stay like this? Playing games is so out of your league as you are already a high schooler!”

 

Ugh, are we gonna talk about this again?

 

Hyewon retaliate inside her head while not giving a glance at the source of the nagging as she already know the content of the endless talk.

 

“Ah, this kid is so hopeless. Why can’t you be just like when you are little? Who can guess that you from back then will be like this?”

 

Hyewon mother just leave that remark and going out of her daughter’s room again. It is as if her daughter just turned into totally different person after summer in her grade school. Until today she cannot figure out what is the thing that triggered in Hyewon head until it make her daugther drastically changed. She really have no idea.

 

Well, thanks to certain somebody, I almost giving up my life. Luckily I am still alive and kicking. How weird is that, right?

 

Hyewon retorted again. She just do not like to speak out. Not anymore.

 

If I keep silent and minding my own business, everything will be just fine.

 

Hyewon reassured herself. Her mind somehow slowly slipped back through some memory lane.

 

***

 

Flashback

 

“Hey, let’s race towards the tree! Who get the last place need to buy ice cream for all!”

 

Shouted a young beautiful girl with short hair. Her amazing feature is already shining at such a young age. People tend to confuse whether she is a girl or a boy due to her hyperactiveness and her behaviour.

 

Not that she mind what people is thinking back then as all she know that she is having her prime time, worried about nothing other than eating and playing.

 

“Ah, no fair! Hyewon gonna win again!”

 

One boys winced upon hearing to Hyewon challenge. Hyewon is a really bright child with amazing athletic abilities even though she rarely showed them during P.E class. She just going all out if they are playing and betting on some food.

 

“Well, be prepared to buy ice cream for me then!”

 

Hyewon exclaimed and sprinted towards the tree without counting first.

 

“Hey, no fair! You are cheating!”

 

Other children groan as Hyewon just bolted off without any warning. They also started running towards the designated tree, hoping that they wouldn’t be the last person.

 

“Ah!!! See, you are getting last place because you complain a lot!”

 

Hyewon giggled as she waited for her friends to gather around. She did not break any sweat either as this is considered a piece of cake for her. She can ran faster only if she wanted to.

 

“Hyewon is playing dirty again~ Remind me again why we are friends.”

 

The boy pouted as Hyewon patted his back. Her other hand is making a gesture to ask for some money to buy ice cream from the general store near their playground.

 

“Ugh, you monster. How can you eat more than an adult and not getting fat?”

 

He grumbled before handing a piece of green paper onto Hyewon hand. She grinned from ear to ear upon receiving the money and dashed off towards the shop with the others.

 

After a few minutes, they walking back with a bag full of scrumptious ice cream. Hyewon distributing the ice cream to each of her friend and finally handing over changes and a stick of ice cream for the boy.

 

“Well, I used more energy than anyone else in my daily live. I guess I burn my excess fat that way.”

 

She flashed her cheeky smile and unwrapped her ice cream. They sat together on a bench and on the ice cream. For once, nobody is shouting and making any noise, it is as if they are finally behaving themselves- just for a while.

 

“Hey, let’s go and explore the abandoned building, the old school of ours.”

 

Suddenly one of them suggest for more adrenaline rush in the middle of their summer vacation.

 

“Eh~ Isn’t it is too dangerous though? Someone might be hurt if we played there.”

 

Hyewon retorted. She immediately stood up and place both of her hands onto her hip, showing that she really against the idea.

 

“Well, it is summer after all. Why doesn’t we play something that is more summer like, such as test if courage? We are doing it during the day though, nothing gonna be happening!”

 

Another friend added and others were fast to agree with this ridiculous idea.

 

“Ugh, still, I don’t think it is good! Hey, back me up, will you?”

 

Hyewon nudged the boy from earlier to protest the idea of playing on some abandoned building. Who knows what kind of dangerous were laying around there? She definitely rejecting this ludicrous propose.

 

“Well…”

 

They boy stopped and examined others reaction. He somehow agreed with Hyewon but there’s still some ego instilled within him and made him want to go against Hyewon for once. Besides, he thought that nothing can actually harm them by just going there.

 

“Are you actually afraid, Kang Hyewon? Wow, for once you are showing some girly side, huh?”

 

He chuckled and his friends joined in. Together, they are roaring with laughter mocking Hyewon for her cowardice.

 

“Whatever. I will not join you with your little conquest!”

 

Hyewon was firm with her decision. Her friends could do nothing to talk her out and join them. Thus, they parted their ways that afternoon.

 

“It’s not too late to change your mind!”

 

She shouted at he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter