Separated

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"PASSING BY THE FREEZING WINTER, THE SPROUTS GROW"

***

Yujin grunted when rays of sunlight fall on her face. She tossed in her bed when suddenly she jolted awake from her sleep. The left side of the bed which should be filled by a certain someone is already empty, making Yujin didn't think twice to jump out from her bed and rushed outside.

 

She felt relieved when the person that she searched as soon as she opened her eyes is standing silently in the living room, staring blankly into space. Yujin left out a small smile while wrinkling her eyebrows as she monitored the girl for a while.

 

"Hey, nervous?"

 

Yujin held Wonyoung hands when she noticed that the girl is paler than usual. Wonyoung turned at Yujin and accidentally, the pink necklace that is hugging Wonyoung neck all this time swinging at Yujin. The older girl just smiled at Wonyoung when the girl hastily keeping the necklace back into her clothes.

 

"That necklace, you remember where do you get it?"

 

Yujin asked curiously. She knows that Wonyoung is not the same as she used to be because her memories is missing but somehow, she is intrigued to know whether the girl can answer Yujin or not.

 

"Well,"

 

Yujin can feel her breath hitched when Wonyoung opening to reply.

 

"I don't really remember when, where and who give me this necklace."

 

Yujin can feel her shoulders dropped when she heard Wonyoung replies. She smiled reluctantly at the girl and attempted to walk away because she didn't know why her heart is hurting right now.

 

"However, I am sure this is an important necklace. Weird, right?"

 

Wonyoung who is tailing Yujin muttered her next sentence which made Yujin halted. Wonyoung bumped into her back and whined at the older girl for stopping abruptly midway.

 

"Is that so."

 

Yujin replied shortly but her heart felt lighter than before. She then turned at Wonyoung and asked her for a photo which the younger gladly agreed.

 

Yujin & Wonyoung:

 

"Take care okay? Let's meet again safe and sound."

 

Yujin averted her eyes while scratching her face as she talked. Wonyoung just giggled at her which made Yujin blush.

 

Wait, since when I am easily blushed? Damn hormones.

 

Yujin cursed herself as she walked away with Wonyoung. Sakura and Hyewon who is accidentally leaving their room just after Yujin and Wonyoung started talking didn't let this chance go away to take a peek.

 

Sakura & Hyewon:

Sometimes I wonder when did they grow up.

 

Sakura sighed as she watched the little drama in front of her. 

 

Well, kids sure are growing up so fast but this two is just out of the world. 

 

Hyewon who is resting her head on Sakura crown replied casually.

 

Yeah, just look at Yujin stupid grin. This kid didn't know why she is blushing and all. Such a pure kid.

 

Sakura huffed. It's been awhile since she and Hyewon are talking using their ability. It's like a secret between them and Sakura is glad that Hyewon is such an easygoing person who is friendly with all despite her appearance which seems cold, awkward and intimidating.

 

Yep, unlike you who is filled with ert thought.

 

Hyewon snickered.

 

Sakura clicked her tongue at Hyewon remarks. Okay, maybe that girl is a jerk after all when she is with Sakura. They wrestled with each other which startled Yujin and Wonyoung who just about to spend some alone time together.

 

"Morning everyone."

 

Yena who is still yawning greeted them when she walked sleepily as she rubbed her eyes. Her hair is a mess, indicating that the girl is fresh from her bed. Maybe the scuffle between Sakura and Hyewon disturbing her sleep and dragging her towards the living room.

 

"Hey you two. It seems that you are eager to enter the dungeon, huh?"

 

Chaeyeon chuckled as she is adapted watching her friends doing their friendly fight every morning. Usually, the fixed cast is Sakura and Yena, sometimes Minjoo and Hyewon might join in the morning routine. Yujin and Nako always running where Nako trying to chomp Yujin neck off when the puppy pulled her trick. It is fortunate that Wonyoung is still being mild or if she gets accustomed to them already, she will turn back into a prankster like she used to be.

 

"You wish. I wonder what kind of dungeon awaiting us."

 

Sakura replied while standing up after wrestling with Hyewon. The latter just growled at Sakura but then grinned widely when Chaeyeon hoisted her up from the ground.

 

"Sakura, didn't I already tell you that it is wrong to fight early in the morning."

 

Eunbi nagged the girl as she saw their little fight. Sakura just pouted , trying to ignore Eunbi babbling. Realizing Sakura didn't want to listen to her nag, Eunbi pulled the cherry blossoms big ears which make Sakura whined.

 

Hyewon and Yena cackled at Sakura while hiding behind Chaeyeon as Yujin and Wonyoung sighed at their older sisters antics. Everyone is being loud which summons the sleepy head Chaewon to the living room, accompanied by Minjoo who also seems sleepy.

 

"Why are you all being so noisy in the morning."

 

Chaewon grumbled as she glared at the rest of the group with her squinted eyes. Her black aura emanating her which made the early riser gulped.

 

"S-sakura is the one at fault!"

 

Yena pushed Sakura towards Chaewon. She intended to make the girl as their black sheep to avoid Chaewon wrath.

 

"Stupid duck. Just you wait!"

 

Sakura snarled at Yena but then she turned quiet when Chaewon scoffed at her. Her heart races when the girl opening her eyes which is laced with anger.

 

Damn, someone save me!

 

Sakura begged in her heart, wishing for an angel to descend and save her.

 

"Now, now. Chaewon, how about you go and take a bath? We can enjoy our last breakfast together before going to different dungeon, right?"

 

Minjoo is answering Sakura prayer unconsciously by nudging Chaewon slowly to take a bath. Sakura sighed in relief, making a mental note to give Minjoo some nice present later for saving her life. Chaewon maybe a sweet angel when she is fully awake but try to stir her up forcefully from her sleep, you will wish that you were in hell instead.

 

"Hey, I was about to take a bath when suddenly a certain pink hair person budge into the shower."

 

Hitomi complaint while holding a towel and her toothbrush. She frowned at every one when they're laughing at her as she scrunched her face, revealing her cute bunny tooth.

 

"I'm sorry but Chaewon need to clear her head before killing Sakura in her half-awake state."

 

Minjoo smiled apologetically at Hitomi. The girl just sighed at Minjoo statement and decided to take a dip inside the hot spring instead.

 

"My, my. It's rare for Nako to wake up late. I understand if it is Yuri though."

 

Yena is looking around, searching for a petite figure who usually one of the early risers in their house. 

 

"Miss me?"

 

Nako sudden appearance making Yena yelped as she is shocked to see Nako who is fully ready with her equipment suddenly stood beside her. Sakura and Chaeyeon whistled at Nako, knowing that the girl finally have a grasp of concealing her presence.

 

"Okay, now let's go and wake Yuri up so that we can have our breakfast. I do think Dryad will visit us after we have our meal."

 

They all huddled into Yuri and stifled their laugh watching the hamster is sleeping soundly, didn't even care about the loud noise outside of her room. Yujin is being mischievous and trying poking Yuri cheek several times but the girl is surely sleeping like a log. Yena swatted Yujin hands away from Yuri, didn't want the girl face to be tainted by Yujin touch.

 

Yuri gradually stirred up from her sleep as the murmur didn't stop even after a few minutes. She whimpered on her bed, trying to chase away the voices that kept ringing in her ears but to no avail. She then decided to open her eyes just to be greeted by numerous face who is watching her sleeping intently.

 

Yuri:

 

"W-why are all of you here?"

 

Yuri is blushing when the bunch of girls just giggled at her question. She blinked a few times before reality hit her.

 

"Don't say you all are watching me sleeping for a long time."

 

Yuri glared at them which forced the group to laugh joyously.

 

"Nah, just stepped in. Anyway, get up already. Today's a big day."

 

Yena extended her hands at Yuri, wanting to help the girl get up from her bed. Instead of taking Yena hand, Yuri hold it and placed Yena who fingers on top of her crown, wanting the girl to give her morning pat. Yena just followed the girl wants and patting her for a while, making the others groaned as they leave the two girls in that room.

 

"Such a great way to start the day."

 

Sakura rolled her eyes as she and Minjoo entered the kitchen to prepare breakfast while the rest of the group is setting the table before helping them to prepare their food.

 

***

 "Good morning, ladies."

 

As they expected, Dryad appeared in front of them as they finished their breakfast. The forest protector explaining that she intended to split them into two separate groups for a very good reason which is to make each of them improve in their own specialized job.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter