Showdown

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"THE TEARS WE SHED RIGHT NOW PROBABLY CAN'T BE STOPPED"

***

"Now then, we couldn't be sure that the fight with each dragon will finish within the time given."

 

Eunbi started their little meeting to decide how will they counter the dragons challenge. It's almost an hour has passed since they last meet the dragon with Yena and Chaewon got those bomb choker on their neck.

 

"I suggest we split our force then."

 

Sakura pitch in her thoughts concerning both Yena and Chaewon date if they are late to meet the dragon. She couldn't risk her friends life to move in a unit as they all know that those pairs of dragons are in different places.

 

"I agree. Then how shall we split the group this time?"

 

Wonyoung questioned the older member suggestions. As much as she is eager to finish their trial, she is still worried about Sakura and Chaewon who is still yet to recover fully from their injury.

 

"I'd say that it is better for me and Wonyoung to team up while Eunbi shall assist Sakura and Chaewon. We got Ivy at our side now, so I think I will be fine with both Wonyoung and Ivy."

 

Yena tell her thoughts towards the group. Plus, Yena can see that Eunbi is worried about Sakura and Chaewon if they are sticking to the previous arrangements.

 

"I will welcome Eunbi additional force with us. No objection now?"

 

Chaewon look at Yena with thankful gaze for being so considerate. It is indeed true that she still feel ache throughout her body even though she already drank a recovery potion earlier. Having Eunbi on their side will for sure be a heap of help because both Chaewon and Sakura is still half way from recovering their full strength.

 

"If everyone is ready, I think it is better for us to make haste."

 

Eunbi pulling the girls into a tight group hug before telling them to come back alive. She is actually a bit reluctant to let both Yena and Wonyoung fighting the white dragon by themselves but as she already observing those two fighting independently before, she somehow is convinced that they can definitely taking care of themselves.

 

"Please come back safely."

 

"Wonyoung, Ivy, please take good care of this ducky."

 

"Don't do anything reckless, Yena."

 

Three of them bid both Yena and Wonyoung goodbye as Ivy is preparing to transport them. While waiting for the Dryad to finish preparing her transportation circle, they took the chance to tease Yena in order easing up their tense for a bit.

 

"Yena, don't give troubles to Wonyoung now."

 

"Yena, make sure you are not dragging Wonyoung.

 

"Hey ducky, if Wonyoung is scratched even for a bit because of your recklessness, you better be prepared."

 

They are all laughing as Yena is pouting, showing off her famous, cute duck lips.

 

"Heyheyhey! I am the unnie here, you know? Why you all are saying that I am the baby instead of Wonyoung? She will be the one relying on me because I am older one here!"

 

She huffed and puffed her chest as she boasted about how she will definitely defeating the white dragon first before going to save the other trip assess from being beaten by the black dragon. They all paused for a while before pulling each other into a last, tight group hug. Everyone is fully aware that each of them is shivering in fear, worried and wondering if this hug will be the last for them as they are about to fight with powerful, renowned opponent, a dragon.

 

"We will be fine. We will definitely come back together as one again."

 

Eunbi assured her younger friends as they nodded, want to believe Eunbi words. Ivy told them that she will begin the transfer and asked the girls to be ready.

 

"Alright, let's cast a few layers of barrier for our own safety as we didn't know what kind of attack awaiting us as soon as we face our opponents."

 

Everyone putting up their last line of defense before Ivy casting her spell and transporting all of them towards their destination. Yena grunted as she never like the feeling of being transported and all those light wrapping around them before they are transported.

 

"Eugh, what's this?"

 

Yena shot open her eyes and are baffled to see that she is now standing in the middle of a canyon. She is beyond baffled, thinking of logical reason of how in the world a canyon would exist on top of a mountain.

 

"Amazing view isn't it?"

 

Wonyoung stepped beside Yena as they are awed by the majestic view laid in front of them. For a moment, they forgot about the white dragon as they are mesmerized by the picturesque scenery.

 

The canyon:

 

"Crazy view, right? This mountain is named as Tordu Mountain for reasons."

 

Ivy joined them as she smiled dearly. The two girls shot a puzzled look at her, want to know the meaning behind her words. However, before she could open to explain, an ancient, breathy voice greeted them as the surrounding turned breezy out of sudden.

 

"Greetings, my valiant warrior and her companions."

 

They can clearly watched a dignified, white dragon is descending from the sky and landed on top of one of the spiky rocks. Based on its cheery voice which sounds quite eager, the dragon didn't seem to have bad intentions on them. However, Yena- couldn't help but being wary as she clenched her sword until her knuckles turned white. Thousands of presumption flooding inside her mind at the moment, wanting to know why the dragon seems so excited to see them standing in front of it.

 

The white dragon:

 

"Ah~ I really want to proceed with the contact but that rusty, grumpy blackie forbade me from doing so until you prove your worth. Even though I had already taken a liking on you."

 

The white dragon unexpectedly is quite chatty as it is rambling about it's counterpart, dissing the black dragon for being so upright and no fun at all. Yena stifled her laugh as she heard the dragon ranting. She didn't know that a dragon can be quite chatty because she assumed that such mythical creatures are all scary. However, Yena reminded herself that this particular dragon maybe the one that destroyed Grun and instill such nightmare for people residing in that settlement.

 

"Are you the one destroying Grun? The elf village resided on this mountain?"

 

Wonyoung:

 

 

Wonyoung bravely inquire the dragon which shook Yena. The older girl's eyes are wide open, her retina is shaking as she is surprised by Wonyoung bluntness. Yena facepalm herself because she couldn't believe how Wonyoung is acting braver than her without considering that the dragon might turn them into ashes in an instance.

 

Yena:

 

 

 

Yena is eyeing Wonyoung is disbelief but at the same time, she felt something nostalgic rising within her chest. Even though Wonyoung is acting reckless, all Yena can see is a young girl who used to be so fragile, a little bit mischievous turning into a fine, bold lady. However, Yena is a bit nervous as the chirpy creature from before turning silent as it heard Wonyoung question. She gulped as her knees is wobbling as the white dragon finally opening its mouth after taking quite some time staring at them. 

 

"Ah, them? I am mad that they are trying to trick me. You see, I just awake from my long slumber and of course, waking up is not my favorite part as I always feel groggy. I am not sure how do they find out about my sleeping ground b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter