Busted

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“NOTHING IS PERMANENT”

 

***

 

“Thanks for the meal!”

 

A bunch of girls merrily thanked Mama Ann for an excellent feast they had just now. After burning out themselves for the day, they do not reject the idea to end the night early. Eunbi dragged her feets while yawning and walking back towards her room as Hyewon hugged her.

 

Sakura growled at Hyewon and tried to separate them while Chaeyeon trying her best not to let both of the girl bickering too loud. Nako just took a glance at the girls as they stepped behind their leaders.

 

They bid everyone goodbye and entered their room for a while. As the commotion from Hyewon and Sakura is dying a few minutes later, Nako send them a message to gather at her room.

 

Yujin sneakily passing through Eunbi room with Wonyoung following her at the back together with Chaewon and Minjoo. Nako opened her door and let them in as quiet as possible and everyone is sitting around the room, waiting patiently for Nako explanation.

 

“Okay now, we are going to conduct our plan from earlier. As we have eight people here, we will divide ourselves into pairs. Yujin will follow me as we will be play the pivotal role in this plan. Yena will act as second leader and will pair up with Yuri. Hitomi, you go with Chaewon and Minjoo with Wonyoung.”

 

Nako quickly assigned them accordingly. Yujin sighed as she is quite nervous being relied upon.

 

“We will infiltrated into their house, both me and Yujin. Wonyoung and Minjoo, you both standby 500 meters East from the mansion. Chaewon and Hitomi, you both also standy 500 meters West from the mansion. They have some guards on duty and I want you all to distract them but don’t make it too obvious. Yena and Yuri, I am counting on both of you with the security. Buy us time for about 30 minutes and then we will regroup before coming back. Any question?”

 

Nako assigned them as she explained again about their plan. According to Nako, she knows a dark secret about the nobles of this village and planned to confront him directly which is considered dangerous as they do not know what is the noble capable to do.

 

Of course, Nako will not reveal their face but will use some magic from Yujin who will create a dummy to scare the out of the noble as Nako also found out the noble is a scaredy cat which strongly believe in superstitious things like ghost.

 

“Will you be okay?”

 

Chaewon asked worriedly. The feeling of uneasiness keep lingering in her heart and she cannot chase them out, making herself   worrywart at the two kids who will sneak inside and unknown area to save a bunch of other kids from different race.

 

“Nako, let’s do other things than this. I will think of a way to help the kid without involving those nobles.”

 

Hitomi tried to negotiate with Nako as she feels responsible for making the small bean to act this rash.

 

“No thank you. We will settle this ugly situation right now and tonight will be the night for the kids to start living happily.”

 

Nako declined Hitomi idea and stubbornly wanted them to execute her plan tonight once and for all. They sighed as they know that nothing can change Nako’s mind at this point.

 

“However, I am sure Chaeyeon will be able to track us down with her map function. Won’t you think we will get busted?”

 

Yuri asked as she is concerned about their wellbeing if the leaders ever know of this plan. Nako just smirked at Yuri after listening to the question.

 

“I already get that covered. Sneaking something in their food which will made them snooze out entire of the night. There’s no way we will get caught.”

 

“If you say so. Then let’s go. The earlier we get this done the better.”

 

Chaewon suggested them to start moving immediately.

 

“Wait! Won’t Mama Ann noticed us sneaking out without Eunbi and the others?”

 

Wonyoung is panicking as she thought of facing Sakura wrath on the next day when Mama Ann reported to their leaders.

 

“Chill, Wonyoung! Who said we will go out from the door?”

 

Nako pouted as she gestured her gaze towards the window.

 

“What am I thinking while joining in this plan again?”

 

Minjoo sighed as Nako smiled naughtily.

 

“Awh, come on! This is the time for some adventures! Don’t be a party pooper!”

 

Yujin whined as she is getting excited to conduct their plan.

 

“True, Minjoo have no jam!”

 

Nako supported Yujin before both of them high fived each other. It is such a rare occasion to see Yujin and Nako in a good term and thus, Chaewon really have a bad hunch for their plan. She murmured something but not loud enough for the others to notice her.

 

I hope this will not be used but just in case.

 

She whispered before they reaching out the window and walking on the roof. They obtained the skill Silent Step which made their sneaking out easier.

 

These kids are unbelievable. Let’s see how far they will go.

 

A voice hummed as she monitored the kids sneaking out. She is anticipating their action without the knowledge of the other three as they will definitely flipping out and dragged those kids back by force.

 

***

“Team A, Nako and Yujin reporting in.”

 

They communicated via voice message, something that is conveniently popped up while they are discussing ways to exchange communication. As none of them possess ability like Hyewon, they find it is difficult to keep typing on the group message. Conveniently, the voice message function popped up as if their status board getting some software upgrade.

 

“Team B, Wonyoung and Minjoo are ready at our designated place.”

 

Wonyoung replied while Minjoo is monitoring their surrounding area.

 

“Reporting in, Team C of Chaewon and Hitomi find some guards at our point but we managed to avoid contact with them.”

 

Chaewon whispered underneath her breath as she and Hitomi sweating a lot to do their best shaking off those guards from hindering their plans.

 

“Team D, Yena and Yuri here. We are ready to commence the plan at any moment. The coast is clear. Good luck, Team A.”

 

Yena wished them with her husky voice. Yuri smiled as she keep glancing around, checking for any possible people that will halt their plan for the night.

 

“Oh this is so exciting! Let’s go shortie!”

 

Yujin cannot help herself more as they are idling not too far from the house while Nako is making her final preparation. She snarled at Yujin for playing with her height but giving up the idea of picking up a fight with the energetic puppy.

 

“Listen, Yujin. You must not let they know our location okay? Please be aware of your MP too. It will be troublesome if you collapse in there. I am not strong enough to carry you back.”

 

Nako warned the girl which made her fall into silent. For once, she appeared quite serious while nodding, indicating that she is fully understand Nako instruction.

 

“Let’s kick some butts!”

 

Nako tried to cheer up the atmosphere before infiltrating into the noble house. His name is Wick which they only know while crossing into yard. Nako noticed that there are a few opening which enable them to enter easily and hid themselves on the ceiling.

 

Mr Wick is currently reading in his private study room alone. Nako signalled Yujin to prepare her dummy which is made from fire magic before distinguishing light illuminating Mr Wick room.

 

The old man startled as his source of light suddenly went off and he jolted from his seat just to find a flickering shadow a few steps in front of him.

 

“W-who are you? What do you want?”

 

“...Wick…”

 

“Holy mother! Reveal yourself!”

 

“Wick!!!”

 

Nako is using her voice and altered it to sound spooky thanks to Sora teaching her a few tricks.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter