The Cursed One

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"THE RAINDROPS THAT DROPPED WILL ALL BECOME THE LIGHT"

***

"Where am I?"

 

She opened her eyes again. It's the very same darkness that she used to face a while back in Eailc. She hates it. Chaewon sighed as she once again trapped in the middle of nowhere, a place that making her nervous for some reason.

 

She wandering the endless stretch of the darkness, trying her best to get out from this unpleasant place. Somehow, she felt something is monitoring her movement all this time. She couldn't shake off those uneasiness as she navigates her way in this eerie place.

 

"What's happening? Why am I getting the feels that something occurred?"

 

Chaewon grumbled as she is giving her all, forcing her brain to recall event that is taking place before she  her consciousness. She kneaded her forehead with her knuckles as she felt something pounding in her head as she gets a flash of image running inside her mind.

 

She sighed in defeat as those flashes of image didn't recurring inside her mind even though she stopped her pace. As she is about to slumped on the ground, Chaewon heard a familiar voice calling her name.

 

"Chaewon!"

 

The girl with a small face turned her head quickly at the mention of her name. She knows that voice which called her just now. Those warm voice that she yearned all this time is calling for her and she will stop at nothing to find the owner of the familiar voice. Her memories are still muddled but her heart knows what Chaewon want.

 

She followed the trail of the voice that is continuously calling out her name. The existence of the voice is like a ripe that is guiding her to get out from the darkness. Her hollow heart that feels parched earlier somehow is beating with excitement as an unfamiliar warmth started filling her empty space. She wants it. She yearned for it.

 

Those tiny steps turned into fast walk before ending with Chaewon running towards the end of the darkness, finding a tiny bit of light shining at the end of the tunnel. As she passed through the light, her feet is stepping on something grassy and Chaewon winced as the sunlight penetrating her eyes. 

 

Her eyes then darting around as she heard chuckles from a distance. She walked through the garden of flowers, amazed at the picturesque place which is filled with flowers. Pleasant scent wafted in the air, making Chaewon feeling better than ever. She then followed the giggles towards a shady spot tree where she sees two girls are resting while leaning at the bark of the tree.

 

She watched the pair of girl where the older girl had a pair of soft, round eyes which complementing her awkward yet attractive smile. Her melodious laugh making Chaewon want to move closer towards the girls to know what kind of conversation that they are talking for the girl to laugh so merrily.

 

As she sneakily walked towards the pair of girls, she noticed that a small girl is accompanying the pretty lady. The girl had small stature, small face yet had a wide, smooth forehead with a small nose. As she observed them, the girl giving out her eyes smile at the gorgeous lady who is listening attentively towards every word that the girl spouted. Chaewon noticed that the girl wearing a wing-like bracelet and realized that all along, she is watching herself, well, a smaller version of her talking to the familiar, amazing lady.

 

Weird, I didn't remember to come here at all. What is happening?

 

Just as Chaewon is having an internal fight with herself, the gorgeous lady opened and said something that made Chaewon melt on the spot.

 

"Chaewon, you are loved."

 

Upon listening to those words, tears unknowingly trickles down into Chaewon face. She didn't know why but those words of appreciation making her heart thumping with happiness. She held her face and see the two girls is crying a river, their face is covered with snot while hugging each others. 

 

"Hey, don't cry."

 

As Chaewon is about to approach them, she is dragged away by an unseen force, taking her out from the serene garden. Before her mind could process what is happening, Chaewon is now standing on a spacious lawn of a big house. She recognized this place somehow. Her attention is diverted at two figure who is standing in the middle of the yard who seems to have such quite serious conversation.

 

"Chaewon? Just a piece of my thoughts, whatever things that clouded your mind, I hope that it doesn't clouded your heart."

 

Chaewon can feel that her head is hurting as if it is about to be split into two upon hearing those words. She had a sudden rush of flashbacks as she is crouching on the ground after watching the back of that girl entering those enormous house while image of herself leaving  the house compound.

 

She wailed on top of her lungs as she heard those whispers inside her head again. That evil laugh keeps ringing in her ears, talking about countless mean words towards Chaewon who exert her utmost effort to dispel them but failed miserably. Those murmur is consuming her and countless hands are aiming for her neck. Chaewon feels helpless as remembers this nasty feelings she once experience back in the real world.

 

"No! Don't hurt me!"

 

Chaewon protected her small, frail body with her tiny hands. She stops at nothing to stop those evil hands from grabbing her or putting her into misery. As she thought that the evil hands are about to get her for good, a number of lights are standing in front of her. 

 

Those rays of light are protecting Chaewon from the mist of darkness that is about to engulf Chaewon. The angelic girl just about to sigh in  relief but before long, those light are flickering and defeated by those vicious darkness. Chaewon struggle to escape from being chained and strangle by the darkness but failed miserably. She is gasping for air as she is losing her sight while the darkness is choking her while mocking and slandering the girl,

 

"You are cursed! You bring nothing but misery towards people around you! You will never be loved!"

 

That is the last words she heard as she loses her sight.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter