Side Story 1

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“AFTER RAIN COMES RAINBOW”

 

***

Sora Observation Log

 

Hi, I am Sora. Apparently, I am just a mere slime. Before meeting with my master, Nako, I have never thought about traveling throughout the land as I am fully satisfied living my life with my family before. Huh?

 

Ah, sorry. I thought that Hyewon is somehow eyeing me with interest clearly depicted in her eyes. Don’t tell me she can hear me recording my daily observation log? No way, right? Oh well, seems like I will reminiscence the good old time to celebrate my 14 days anniversary with Nako.

 

***

Day 1

 

A group of slime is enjoying their meal while resting inside the forest. They are a bunch of younger slime is learning to differentiate some antidote herb and medicinal herb. Nevertheless, they will just eat it to create some potion within their body which will be excreted when they needed it.

 

A young slime is taking a nap after eating its lunch while surrounded by its clan. It is just another peaceful day for it before suddenly a riot erupted which throwing away it’s peacefulness as it is dragged away by other slimes.

 

They bounced away hurriedly to avoid from being attacked by a group of hogs that are invading their space.

 

Catch the slime! Catch the slime! They will provide us delicious potion!

 

Some of the hogs snorted while pursuing the bouncing slimes. They are snorting loudly while rushing in a straight line, trying to entrapped and slain the slimes before escaping the horde of hogs.

 

Their effort paid off as one of the slime failed to bounce on a branch and falling onto the ground where they mercilessly ravishing upon it.

 

No! That’s my youngest slime. My baby!

 

One of the slime trying to help its youngest but is pulled back by the rest of the team as they tried to save themselves. One sacrifice is too little if they can save another 10 slime in the process of doing so.

 

The young slime just watch its youngest siblings getting squashed by the hogs and cursed itself for its incompetence for being unable to save it. Even after they run away, the hogs relently chased them and one by one slime is getting killed by the hogs.

 

Help me. Anyone. Help me.

 

It pleaded as more of its fellow slime is killed in front of it. Its parents just keeping him tightly with them before landing on the ground, growing tired as they are running away for quite some time. As the sounds of the pursuer is getting closer, they had no choice but to push the young slime away.

 

The young slime is scared as its parents hide it behind a tree bark, just enough to conceal it from the hogs and diverted their attention towards them. The scene in front of its eyes are enough to terrorize it for the rest of its life as the parents are squashed violently and their potion is being devoured as if it is the last meal those hogs are getting.

 

No, don’t die! Why do you sacrifice yourself! Don’t leave me!

 

It cried as loud as it could, hoping for a miracle to emerge in front of it, saving it from all of this hellish situation.

 

Somebody, please! Help me out!

 

It pleaded with all its heart as the scene is too much for it to digest. A sudden angelic voice echoes back which giving it a sliver line of hope in the midst of hardship.

 

Can you hear me? Tell me where you are! Fast!

 

The voice sounds so sincere, so brave which made the young slime choke with tears. It gathered all of its last energy to reply.

 

Will you help me? I am near Commencer, west side of the forest. Please save me. My family, they are already dead.

 

It can now only hoping that the angelic voice can find it. Sudden thump at the tree trunk made it bounced out from the hiding place which made the young slime startled. When it thought that this is the last time it can live, all of its hope already gone from its mind. However, a faint footstep can be heard which restore the young slime faith. A young girl seems startled upon seeing the young slime being surrounded by the hogs.

 

Will you help me? A mere slime?

 

It whispered just to confirm that the young girl is the one that is communicating with it just now. The girl replies made the young slime felt really overwhelmed as she risked her life to save it. She swoop it up and ran away, faster than the hogs which made the young slime amaze by her agility.

 

Unfortunately, the girl get lost as dusk approached and even get tackled when she is trying to find her way. The girl never let it go even she is flying in the air. Young slime can sense the girl HP is reduced harshly and almost stepped into the battle to protect its savior when suddenly another pair of girl emerged while slaying the hogs. It seems that the girl apparently is not alone.

 

One of them even healed the girl with a spell and they successfully getting out from the forest after having such tearful reunion. It talked to the girl face to face for the first time and are feeling guilty as the girl getting scolded for saving it from getting kicked by the horde of hogs. As a token of thanks, it presenting the last memorial of its family and friends towards the girl.

 

They exchanged words and suddenly, the girl is asking for its name after being asked by another beautiful girl which made it startled. After talking for a while, the young slime is named as Sora and learned that the girl that saved it from those life and death situation is Nako.

 

From that day, Sora swear that it will do it’s best to protect Nako and her precious friend even if it is just a mere slime.

 

***

 

Well, that is basically my first day meeting Nako. She is really my angel, my saviour and the love of my life! Without her, I may be not here to tell you about this story. Again, why is Hyewon observing me with teary eyes? She even patting Nako and spouting some praises which made my master confuse.

 

Gee. Hyewon is really unpredictable but I like her quirkiness. Eh, she is patting me now? Hyewon, are you actually can hear my inner thought? Even Nako can only hear me talking. You are really outstanding.

 

Ah, sorry for sidetracking. It seems Nako and her friends are going to register themselves at the guild and getting some license. Oh my, being human is so difficult. I am glad that I am a mere slime.

 

I will tell you my story next time as Nako is feeding me with something interesting. See you again!

 

***

Maki Observation Log

 

Hello, Maki is here. I am a proud partner of Chaeyeon, the most kindest girl in the world. Oh my, what do I do to deserve this girl love for all myself? Weird, Hyewon is laughing out of sudden over here when nobody is making a joke. She and Sakura seems to share something as they both are looking at me.

 

Enough about them. No, don’t misunderstand. I like them as well as Chaeyeon like them. However, I am quite disappointed at Sakura whenever she growled at Chaeyeon whenever my partner is spending time with Eunbi. Like, really Sakura? I can growl quite well too, just want to let her know. However, I can never growl intimidatingly at Chaeyeon friends even if I wanted too.

 

Ah, it seems my master succeeded in registering with her merchant guild. I expect nothing less from her, really. As I am talking now, Hyewon is giving me weird glance and Sakura seems wanting to have a word with me. What is wrong with these two? Their behaviour somehow remind me about the day after I meet Chaeyeon about 10 days ago.

 

***

Day 2

 

Maki is stretching its body after exercising with Chaeyeon. It opened its mouth as wide as possible while yawning and then lying on its belly. Chaeyeon seems to fall in love with Maki and snuggle the fur of ball while enjoying warmth provided by it. Both Maki and Chaeyeon are relaxing or actually are having burnt out syndrome as they both working hard for yesterday work for defeating Goblin Lord and Goblin Champion.

 

All of them are having the feeling of not wanting to do anything except for one person. Sakura is sighing while observing her friends lazing around after finishing their quest for today. In fact, they just completing a task to patrol the town area while collecting data for any complain or report lodge by villagers.

 

It didn’t take them too long to complete it and Eunbi decide to let them rest for the day. However, Sakura is dissatisfied with this situation as they barely surviving from fighting with two goblin overlord. She thought that they need to improve their skills by training daily and never slacking off. However, she didn’t know the best way to force her friends into training without they fully realizing it.

 

“Urm, this fur is so comfy.”

 

Said Eunbi while snuggling Maki with Chaeyeon.

 

“Yeah, I can’t get enough of it. Might as well sleeping on Maki tonight. Feels like a 5 star bed, right?”

 

Chaeyeon patted Maki with smiles plastered onto her face.

 

“Really? Can I join you? We might as well sleeping together if Maki permit us too.”

 

Eunbi accidentally let out a squeal as she is too excited to embrace the comfortable warmth and fluffiness which she never get while in Wizland.

 

Red alert! Red alert!

 

Hyewon is startled as Sakura suddenly screamed those words inside her head. She is joining Yena and Yuri landing on the grass while initiating small talk. Hyewon didn’t bother to get up from her position to check out on Sakura as she can have a guess on what triggering Sakura to act like that.

 

Kkura, please, relax. We were working hard yesterday. Let’s slack off for a bit.

 

Hyewon yawned and almost dozed off but couldn’t do that as Sakura

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter