Vexing

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I HAVE BECOME FROZEN"

***

"Chaewon!"

 

Sakura yelled at the girl as she herself is squatting on the ground, trying her best to regain control of her body. She is well aware of the side effects letting Kami-sama taking over her body but it is a necessary step for her to eliminate the Stinky Ape from earlier but failed as he is forced to go back into Sakura subconscious. Sakura is well aware of her lack of power now and she cursed herself for being weak. She dislikes to be weak as it reminds her of her past when she was saved by her friend to be alive now.

 

Sakura:

 

"This is not a drill, my body! Move for goodness sake! I don't want to die yet!"

 

Sakura urged her body to at least budge an inch but to no avail. She didn't know that her body will be numb after letting Kami-sama out for just a few minutes. She realized that she needed to have more training to avoid such blunder from happening again in the future.

 

That if I ever get to see my future! Damn it!

 

Sakura closed her eyes as Chaewon swings her sword in the air as the girl is rushing at high speed towards her. She is anticipating the pain from Chaewon slash but after a few seconds passes, there is no such pain felt on her body.

 

Don't tell me I die that easy?

 

Sakura opened her eyes and turned around just to see Chaewon is slicing the Stinky Ape with such madness on her face. Chaewon evil laugh echoed throughout the cave which sends chills to Sakura bones. Not only that, Sakura is able to see some weird black, unreadable inscription on Chaewon face as the younger finishing of mincing the Stinky Ape.

 

Even though her body is paralyzed, Sakura is trying her best to hold her long sword, getting ready if Chaewon trying to kill her next. She couldn't help but being wary of the girl, given that Chaewon is not acting like herself at the moment. Sakura can move her hands and legs for a bit and she is sure that she can at least swing her swords for a few times before she will pass out due to the throbbing pain she is experiencing at the moment.

 

"Help me, Sakura."

 

Listening to Chaewon pleas making Sakura dropped her weapon. She couldn't stand it to see the girl is writhing in pain on the floor as the inscription is taking over her body, releasing smoke as it advancing towards Chaewon neck. Sakura forced herself to rush over towards Chaewon in order to aid her. She didn't care about those pains she is feeling right now as her friends is her priority. Always.

 

"Chaewon? What's wrong? Hey, talk to me!"

 

Sakura held the girl's head and rested the girl on her lap. Chaewon is trembling greatly and her body is burning hot. It is lucky that Sakura happened to have some Fire Resistance as she always strive to make sure that she has all kinds of status ailments resistance to avoid causing trouble for her friends. She tried curing Chaewon with a few of her items but her attempt is to no avail. 

 

The older girl is at a loss on what she needs to do. Her brain didn't want to cooperate with her and her body is already at the limit. As she is about to pass out, suddenly Chaewon eyes who turned totally opened and stared at Sakura while smiling menacingly.

 

"This girl will be my host. It's been a long time since I saw such excellent shell that can satisfy my requirements. She desires so much power, such thirst is not new coming from lowly creature but how can her soul remain pure?"

 

Chaewon deep, throaty voice chuckles as she speaks. Sakura shuddered at the voice, couldn't recognize the perpetrator behind it. However, those immense dark aura which case coming from the voice only making Sakura thought that she is currently facing another strong enemy. 

 

No, don't cower in fear! Don't be a coward, Miyawaki Sakura!

 

Sakura bit her lip as she trying her utmost best to fight the urge of running away. She dislikes it. She didn't want to be this weak. Sakura knows the pain to lose her friends and she definitely hate to lose at the hands of some unknown enemy and thus, she gathered her remaining courage and barked at the voice which is filled with malice.

 

"Who are you? Why would you take control of my friends? Show yourself, you cowardly !"

 

Sakura couldn't restrain her frustration anymore. Watching her friends suffering all this time making her heart wrecked and this time, she had it enough. She swears that this will be the last time she let her friends in danger like this.

 

If only I had more power!

 

Sakura finally losing her cool composure. She shed her tears which rolling down and dripping unto Chaewon small face. The girl who is currently being possessed lay in silence upon watching Sakura condition.

 

"Come and find me at the Vertium veins. There, you will find the answers you seek."

 

The voice replied before vanishing, leaving Chaewon cold body behind. Sakura can see those weird inscription on Chaewon face is slowly disappearing, so does with her body head. Sakura hugged the girl tightly, didn't want to think that Chaewon might be leaving them forever.

 

"Eunbi, help me Eunbi.''

 

She called her leader in between her sobs. She hates to admit that she has already grown dependant on her leader. She wants to become strong but Sakura knows that she is hitting the wall right now and she had no idea how to overcome those overwhelming towering wall in front of her.

 

Sakura hands is shaking while contacting the source of her motivation and drive to be better. She is hoping to see that face again and gain her assurance. The cherry blossoms is well aware of her body which is about to pass out as her sight already turned blurry.

 

"Not yet, please hold on for a bit more."

 

Sakura encourage herself while activating a temporary barrier to ward off any weak monsters. Her body is aching like hell and her bones feels like being crushed into pieces.

 

"Help me, everyone."

 

Sakura weak voice is becoming slower as she is fighting with herself to keep her consciousness awake despite her heavy injury.

 

***

 

"Sakura? What's wrong?"

 

Eunbi is flustered to hear Sakura desperate cries. She knows the strong girl who act like her right hand, possessing immense intelligence which always helps the group to stay on foot. Sakura is one of Eunbi strongest comrades and she never yield under any circumstances. Thus, Eunbi is having a bad hunch to receive a call from Sakura, pleading for her help.

 

She turned towards Yena and Wonyoung who is looking at her worriedly. Just like Eunbi, those two is beyond surprised to listen to Sakura cries. They know that something bad must have happened for Sakura to act like that because everyone acknowledge that Sakura is one fine warriors among them which always work behind the scenes to support the team up until now. The selfless girl also helped Wonyoung escaping Modos and Pothena, proving that her prowess is not something to just brush it away.

 

"Sakura? Sakura! Please, answer me."

 

Eunbi worriedly contacted the girl but she received no replies from Sakura. Her heart is beating loudly, she is brooding over her assumption that some nasty thing must already befall upon their other team. She discarded her contemplation to help Grun or collecting Vertium as her heart is dragging her to save Sakura and Chaewon already.

 

As soon as she makes her mind, Eunbi hands is running wild to detect Sakura location on the map based on her last message sent. Yena and Wonyoung feeling intimidated by Eunbi aura which maybe can even rival a dragon as their leader looks furious as her eyes are burnt with anger. They know how much Sakura meant to Eunbi though the leader never show it or announced it out loud.

 

Before she knows it, Eunbi already find Sakura and Chaewon location which is exactly parallel with them. She is amazed by her ability to track her precious comrade in a blink and she gestures Yena and Wonyoung to follow her lead to save their friends.

 

"Follow me, girls. We got two people to save."

 

Eunbi ordered which the younger obediently obey.

 

"So, we will go through the forest?"

 

Yena asked Eunbi which replied with a curt nod.

 

"Alright, I familiarize myself with the surrounding terrain and we will move faster than before. Let's go!"

 

Wonyoung cracked her fingers and stretches her long limbs as she readied to rush over towards her comrade. Her mind might be forgotten their memories together but not her heart. She knows that she treasured everyone dearly and when one of them is in danger, Wonyoung wouldn't think twice to give them her aid.

 

"Sakura maybe an awkward girl who can't blink and always lust over Eunbi but she is my best bud! Let me repay her hard work by saving her today."

 

Yena mumbled to herself as she reminiscence her time with her partner in crime. Sure, they always fighting together but that is the things that making them both closer. Eunbi smiled at those two younger girl while ruffling their hair, feeling proud to watch their readiness to ditch their mission to save Sakura and Chaewon.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter