Depressed Jang Wonyoung

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“BEAUTY CAN ALSO BE THE SOURCE OF PAIN SOMETIMES.”

 

***

 

“Good, look over here now. Smile!”

 

The pretty, bunny like girl give her best smile for the camera. She can feel her eyes hurting as continuous flash striking to capture her perfect angle but she managed to avoid her eyes from squinting too much. Being photogenic, her photo is beautiful from any side and she is well aware if that.

 

“Okay! Time to roll off. Thank you for your work!”

 

The director stopped their work after checking the result which is breathtaking. There are not even one piece of picture that can be categorized as a bad one. Every single of them is magnificent and they might have difficult time to choose which one to use. All of this thanks for this particular young, talented yet humble girl.

 

“Thank you for you work!”

 

She enthusiastically greet every staff personally before going out from the studio. She is none other than the rising star, Jang Wonyoung. At the age of 5, she already stolen many hearts for her appearance on several CFs and drama.

 

People want to know about her more and want to see her. They can feel her bubbly energy radiated from such pure girl. Of course, it take no time at all for the girl to rise into the stardom. People even idolized her for her perfect manner and countless people always wishing to either have an awesome daughter like her or even wanting to be her.

 

Jang Wonyoung walked away elegantly, wearing on her smiling face until she entered her waiting room. She yanked the door, strutted in and slammed herself onto those fluffy sofa.

 

“Ahh~ I am so tired.”

 

She sighed. Being involved in entertainment industry from such a young age may sound glamorous for people but to actually experiencing it is a whole different matter. At first, maybe you will be overwhelmed by love and supports you received and enjoying yourself.

 

However, things is not that simple. With love come hatred. She had been receiving countless death threat and also mean comment. Not to mention having some fanatic fan that always want to be up-to-date about her daily life without even giving her some privacy like other people.

 

It can be extremely exhausted when there are music festival too. She will need to learn new dance routine, keeping updated with trendy things and need to always keeping some distance from other idol. She cannot show that she is enjoying some music so much when some idol are performing even though she is definitely one if their fangirl.

 

People are expecting idol, actress or celebrity to always be perfect creature. Beautiful yet humble, kind, understanding and many more standard. Not to mention about keeping up with her strict diet too so that she will always presentable no matter the situation is.

 

At first, she is definitely joyful as she can appear on television and get a chance for being famous. This industry is well known for bringing huge profit for some individual if s/he can attract public attention and gain their never ending love but it sure come with a big price too.

 

One cannot return to normal life no matter what happen. Your action will always being watched and judge. Your life will be luxurious if you are successful but if it become otherwise, well, you need to grit your teeth and try harder. With some of luck, you may stumble upon a masterpiece that will change your life drastically though that chance will be just around 0.01%.

 

It is a cruel and vicious industry where one need to devour others while keeping good face to cover their sweet lies. Overworking idol is not even being new issue too.

 

Many idol often hospitalized as they have tight schedule to attend within the span of 24 hours. Of course this case is for the famous one where they need to keep running around while trying their best not to show exhaustion towards the fans.

 

Schedule can be finished at 3 am and another one will start as early as 5 am. Even though is still underage, Wonyoung also need to keeping up with her schedule as fast as she can because she, unlike other older idol, have curfew regarding her works. She can only participate half-way in any event as they usually will finish late at night. They need to attend after party too where Dispatch will try expose things that will serve as delicious news for the public.

 

“Life is truly not easy.”

 

Wonyoung sighed after having long thought about her life just now. Even though she is just 15 years old, her height already at 169 cm, which is considered tall for her age. Fortunately, her country considered that such height is good and if you have good body and pretty face, you are ready to be idolized already. Of course you need some good manners on top of that.

 

Wonyoung just spread her leg freely and yawn. She can never care about her image for now as there are currently nobody beside her within this room.

 

“Wonyoung! How many time do I have to tell you not to do that whenever we are in public!”

 

Her manager scold her but not too severely as she is their biggest asset right now. They need to cater her with their best service or else she will not giving them her cooperation while working in the future.

 

“Eh~ But there's nobody here except us. Come on, cut me some slack, will ya?”

 

Wonyoung trying her best to appeal without even bother to change her posture. However, as she see her manager showed indifference expression, she quickly clasped her hand and puffing her cheeks while pouting too.

 

            

 

As Wonyoung flashes her charms towards her manager, she finally admitting her defeat.

 

“Alright, alright. Just this once I will let it go. Remember to always behave though.”

 

She exhaled and leaving to get some food for the young kid and Wonyoung alone at last.

 

“I just want to sleep for 2 days straight and eat instant noodle. Some fried chicken is nice too while binge watching all those drama.”

 

Wonyoung just can dream for the day to come as she know it is almost impossible to get any day off. Occasionally, her company will let her taking a break after she securing some amount of money but that just too seldom to happen now.

 

She is the money maker of the company and she never complaining as she know, she is working her off for her own future too. Not many people can generate millions of dollar at such young age. Only select few can do it and she is one of them.

 

“I just want to go window shopping with friends, hanging out and goofing around. Walking together to school also sounds fun.”

 

She sighed. Normal is not something she can even relate as she spend her life entirely for working. It is quite stunning to be able to greet fans and received their enormous love but afterwards, she just feeling empty deep inside her.

 

She do have her group members but their relationship is not that good. They only appear buddy-buddy when camera is rolling. Nothing more. Wonyoung are fully aware that she is a bit more famous than the others to the point people often referring her group as Wonyoung and friends.

 

Life is sure lonely.

 

Wonyoung whispered. Fortunately, her group member is not that bad. They just feel… Distant. They are doing just fine with each other and Wonyoung can sense that they have great chemistry too but due to people’s talk, her group is labelled as ‘going to flop if not for Jang Wonyoung’.

 

She seriously want to shout out loud to others that her members are good person with good personality. With ample promotion, they will also be able to be famous enough. They all have such athletic capabilities, funny and have variety sense.

 

Even so, she is powerless. She only survive because people are awing her. Without their support, she will be just nobody. Due to that, she endured all those painful time and just head forward.

 

Wonyoung heard her manager’s voice echoing throughout the hallway, clearly indicating that she is getting nearer. She quickly adjusting her posture to avoid getting scolded again and wait patiently for her food.

 

As soon as she is served, she quickly devoured all of them as she is as a matter of fact, quite famish. She only had light breakfast to avoid her face swollen too much and she must get ready at the saloon to style her hair. Then, she will go for some outfit fitting and doing her makeup.

 

She often dozed off on her way to some music show or some other schedule such as volunteering activity, fan meeting, fan greet, festival here and there and lots more. She can never thanked her manager enough for always keeping tab of her activities as she tend to be quite forgetful.

 

“Say, what will be on my schedule next?”

 

She asked after wolfing down her last meal. She drank some green tea to quench her thirst while her manager is reviewing her PDA.

 

“We have group volunteering activities at 1 pm. We will go and clean some animal shelters. There gonna be loads of news outlet too. Be sure to control yourself.”

 

Her manager told her.

 

When do I ever fail to control myself?

 

Wonyoung just making some funny face while thinking about that.

 

Oh, certainly have done that.

 

She suddenly realized about some incident not too long ago that earned her some punishment from the management.

 

***

 

“Jang Wonyoung! Why do you need to do that?”

 

Her CEO is fuming with anger at the young idol. Her action almost tainted her pure image and reputation but they somehow be able to do some damage control before it is spreading around.

 

“Well, he is kinda pisses me off, bullying people around. I just want to teach him some lesson.”

 

Wonyoung replied coolly. It is true that the boy is causing ruckus by horsing around and making things difficult. Wonyoung can sense that the adults are too scared to take any action as the kid is a rich kid or they often refer as chaebol. However, she thought, being rich do not give someone license to not taking their job seriously.

 

She is already feeling groggy from all those hectic schedule. Having another brat dragging away her time is not wise and thus, she decide to make things proceed quickly and make that boy somehow tripped on his way to mess with others. He lost several tooth and never come back. Fortunately, the photoshoot went smoothly with some immediate profesional replacement.

 

She never know how her management can find out she is the one responsible for that little accident and then she was punished to clean their practice room for two weeks.

 

***

 

“Why are you grinning like that? You are not plotting something naughty again, aren’t you?”

 

Her manager caught Wonyoung's mischievous grin. She will never forget countless of ruckus occuring created by this particular little one.

 

People are really blinded by her pure and innocent image as the real her is as playful as a puppy. No, more than that actually. She can be devilish at times, charming people just to get things to go her own way although she often used it to pull some pranks.

 

“Eyy, I will never do that kind of thing~”

 

Wonyoung replied while winking. She sent her virtual love towards winking, hoping to charm her manager but the latter managed to resist it.

 

“Not gonna working anymore, kiddie. Hurry up. We will pick up your members before going there. Make sure to change your cloth too. There’s some sponsor willing to help with this cause. Make sure to wear clothes that they provide.”

 

She nagged at Wonyoung. The younger just nodded and standing up to get ready for her next job. Everyday is going like this and as an idol, Wonyoung must always appear chirpy to not worry her fans.

 

Yes, it is nice if there’s people are concern about you but it is rather troublesome to not be able showing your other side. As if you are not human. They imagine you are more than a mortal, bathing with those fame.

 

Please don’t forget that I’m human. I am real, not just some doll walking around to entertain people.

 

Wonyoung thought while changing her clothes. Luckily, they are getting really nice and breathable clothes, suitable for some cleaning work. She realized that there’s some camera installed within their van and instantly understand they will record something to use it for their Vlive.

 

Can I relax just for a moment? I am tired~

 

She mentally crying, asking for some space in her life.

 

 

However, she quickly return to reality as her member sliding open their van’s door and entering one by one. They already being readied, wearing the same outfit as Wonyoung and greeted her warmly as they noticed the camera.

 

“Hello, Princess Wonyoung~ How are our baby is doing?”

 

They cuddle her and shower her as much affection as they can show. Of course, Wonyoung will be really glad if all of this is real but she just savouring the moment while its last.

 

It is such a nice feeling to be pampered like this.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter