Doubt

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“THE MOMENT I MEET EYES WITH YOU, I CAN’T HEAR ANY OTHER WORDS I WANT TO TRUST IN YOU”

***

Chaewon just keep following Minjoo as they strolled along unfamiliar streets. There’s a sliver hint of curiosity flashed in her pair of shining orbs as she scanned the area. She never walked by this part of Eailc and Chaewon is thinking about Hitomi words from earlier.

 

She really thanked the girl who suggested her to take a walk as she is definitely feeling better than before. However, Minjoo is still not letting go of her hand as they walked side by side with the girl leading Chaewon with a mysterious smile.

 

I am not feeling awkward with this girl. Maybe I am being comfortable with her around?

 

Chaewon is pondering as their silent journey continues. She is enjoying Minjoo company and those silence is not an awkward kind of silent but leaning more to a comfortable one.

 

Minjoo sneakily taking a glance at Chaewon who is slowly giving off her calm vibe once again. She felt relief to see a genuine smile on that beautiful face again, not a strained smile like she flashed from before. However, that didn’t stop Minjoo from bringing Chaewon to a place where she guaranteed the girl will love.

 

It’s a surprise she didn’t even questioning me. Chaewon, what’s wrong?

 

Minjoo knows something is off once she laid her eyes upon Chaewon just now. They missed each other at breakfast today as Chaewon overslept. The girls didn’t even bother to wake her up as she is the one in charge taking care of Yena for the day.

 

“Let Chaewon have some nice extra sleep. She might need some energy to attend Yena afterwards.”

 

Sakura suggested which is approved by Eunbi. In fact, Eunbi, Chaewon and Hyewon are having trouble to sleep well because of Yena loud snoring. They even throw some plush toys to make the ducky slowing down her snores but to no avail. Yena slept like a log and didn’t even bothered by some extra companies on her bed.

 

“We can wrap some food for them. Don’t finish it, Hyewon, Yujin.”

 

Chaeyeon glared at the two girl who tried touching Chaewon and Yena portion.

 

“Seriously? We are even giving you two extra serving!”

 

Nako is groaning while watching those two who are now pouting.

 

“No worries. We have extra for you two.”

 

Minjoo chuckles while Hitomi giving them another plate of breakfast.

 

“Can I have some too? I am hungry.”

 

Wonyoung asked cutely while holding on her plate.

 

“Sure, sure. Here you are.”

 

Hitomi giggles while taking her plate to refill some breakfast.

 

“I want some more too. Will there be enough for Chaewon and Yena though?”

 

Yuri tilting her head. She really want another serving of food because lately, she often felt hungry all the time.

 

“Yeah, we can even feed Hyewon and Yujin another serving.”

 

Sakura smile at Yuri while helping the girl to have her additional food.

 

“How come you are not even complaining when Wonyoung and Yuri are getting some more food but acting different when I want some?”

 

Yujin grunted at Nako who is finishing her food.

 

“Said the one who already eat three plate of food and want another plate. Yuri and Wonyoung just ask for seconds.”

 

Nako rolled her eyes as she bring her plate and utensils to the sink and proceed to wash it all.

 

“As long as I get to eat I’m not complaining.”

 

Hyewon ignored Yujin and Nako bickering as she slurped last bit of soup in her bowl. Eunbi just sighed when the kids starting their morning fight again. Sakura and Hyewon is not fighting for food anymore as there are plenty prepared by Minjoo and Sakura herself. However, it seems that the younger line take Sakura and Hyewon position to bicker about distribution of food.

 

“Minjoo? Why did you stop out of sudden? Don’t tell me we are lost.”

 

Chaewon gentle voice pulling Minjoo back from reminiscing moment from breakfast earlier today. She shook her head and continue their walk. Somehow, Minjoo felt that holding hands with Chaewon is something natural for her as she didn’t feel awkward at all.

 

The way she smile. How can a person smile that brightly? She seems ethereal.

 

Chaewon is busy staring at Minjoo to even realized that they are already stop walking and reaching at their destination.

 

“Chaewon? Look around for a bit.”

 

Minjoo chuckled as the girl is startled but still acting cool as if Minjoo didn’t realized that Chaewon is spacing out while looking at her all this time. The latter who is trying to cover up her blunder turned her head around and is mesmerized to see the nature spread around her.

 

Chaewon let go Minjoo hand and is in awe while she walked around the place. She look at the flowers and bend down to sniff it.

 

Lovely.

 

Is the only word coming into her mind as she is feeling at ease from being surrounded by nature. The place that Minjoo bring her to give off vibes of pristine nature, a place that is still untouchable by people. A pure place that is not tainted by anyone. A place where angels is likely to play. It is beautiful just like a garden in the heaven.

 

“Chaewon, look!”

 

As the girl turned her head to the voice calling out for her, she can feel the world stop spinning and time is freezing. Somehow, in the middle of this heavey garden, there’s a girl who is as pretty as an angel is smiling brightly at Chaewon while giggling and holding something within the palm of her silky hands.

 

“You are beautiful.”

 

Chaewon uttered without even realizing it but enough for Minjoo to hear. Beautiful is an understatement when what Chaewon see is a figure who is basking under the sunlight and is surrounded by sweet-smelling flowers while flashing off her smile that can melt a mountain of ice in an instant.

 

“Oh come on, Chaewon. You know I am not that pretty.”

 

Minjoo dismissed Chaewon praise while calling the later towards her.

 

But I mean it. You are the prettiest in my eyes.

 

Chaewon seems disappointed to see Minjoo have such low confidence in herself. However, she still walking towards the girl who seems rather excited for some reasons.

 

“Look, I found a 4-leaf clover! Never thought I can find it all my life.”

 

She giggled as she showing off not one, but a pair of 4-leaf clover. Chaewon jerked her eyebrows while smiling at Minjoo, surprised to see Minjoo being overjoyed by founding those clovers.

 

“Here, one for you and one for me.”

 

Minjoo grabbed hand and put on of the 4-leaf clover into her hand. Chaewon didn’t seems to understand Minjoo random action for the day.

 

“Thanks, I will treasure it for sure.”

 

This time, it is Minjoo turns to gawk in awe looking at Chaewon who smile lovingly while holding onto the flower she gave. However, she is quick to recover from her admiration and return to herself while staring at Chaewon.

 

“I don’t know what is happening to you, Chaewon. I bring you here because you seems distressed for some reasons.”

 

Minjoo carefully trying her luck to push Chaewon and finding out reasons why Chaewon is acting quite grumpy. The girl usually is indifferent in any situation and to see Chaewon being so out of character is a rare occurrence so far.

 

The pink haired girl look at Minjoo and sighed as she is the third person for the day pointing out Chaewon irregularities. She scratched back of her head while shifting her gaze towards the sky.

 

“I guess I can tell you.”

 

Even though it is just a simple sentence uttered by Chaewon, Minjoo is beamed because she felt that the girl is slowly opening up her world for Minjoo to enter. They take shelter under a tree while Chaewon trying her best to swallow her insecurities for opening up towards Minjoo. She felt vulnerable to let people enter her world but when she see Minjoo gentle eyes, she think the girl is worth it for Chaewon to reveal her mask little by little.

 

“I have a bad dream last night. It’s not a mere dream, actually. Just, my past is haunting me back.”

 

Chaewon started her story while Minjoo is listening attentively.

 

“I used to tell about my past with you back in Commencer, right? The one where I see a friend of mine commit suicide in front of me. Those terrible moment coming back at me. That voices who kept blaming me even though I can do nothing to prevent her from killing herself. I- I’m scared, Minjoo.”

 

The girl clenched her cloth as she is trembling in fear. Minjoo quickly wrapped her arms around Chaewon who seems so vulnerable at the moment.

 

“What if all this time they are talking the truth? That I am the one responsible for killing my friend? Where did I go wrong when all I do is trying my best? Is my best is not enough for people to accept me?”

 

Chaewon voice started to crack but there is no tear drop falling onto her cheeks.

 

“What do you think, Minjoo? Am I not deserved to be loved?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter