First Night in Commencer Part 2

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“PEOPLE HAVE MULTIPLE SIDES OF THEIR PERSONALITY.”

 

***

 

ROCK ROOM

 

Chaewon seated comfortably as she want to start talking about her story. Minjoo, Wonyoung and Yujin silently sit and anxiously waiting for the redhead to open up as she is shrouded with mystery and oozing off charisma yet have those subtle look on her face occasionally.

 

Chaewon is still contemplated with herself whether to open up with these people or just slightly let them peeked into her heart. She choose to believe in them and start talking.

 

“You see, about what Sier say from earlier, it is true. I was never able to believe in people since I was a little kid due to a certain incident. I told you about the party thing already, right? Actually, there’s one more major things which made me scared to put my faith onto people again.”

 

Chaewon bit her lips and tried to reminiscence about those painful memory from back then.

 

***

 

Flashback

 

“Chaewon, good morning.”

 

One of her friend bid her casually on their way to the school. Chaewon cannot greet her properly as their last message still hurting her until today. She ignored the girl greet and walked past through her. She held her head down as she approached the school gate as she can see more of her friends happily exchanged stories between themselves.

 

Chaewon walked sluggishly and changed her shoes to the indoor one in her locker. As she was about to closed her locker, she was pinned onto it by someone. Chaewon was rather shocked as the perpetrator was none other than her best friend, Siha.

 

“Morning, Chaewon. How was your party? Great?”

 

She snarled at Chaewon while flashing her devilish grin.

 

“What do you want, Siha? I am not in the mood to pick a bone with you.”

 

Chaewon retorted and pushed Siha back. She swept her bag which had fall from earlier and heading straight to her classroom. She ignored all those nasty stares from other students and sit at her place.

 

It is not long after she sit when several people surrounded her with Siha as the leader. Their face is painted with ugly anguish which make Chaewon want to puke just by glancing at them. She sighed as the girl slammed their hand onto the table.

 

“Well, well, look at this miss perfect. How can she be unbothered after such incident occurred? How shameless can she be, huh?”

 

Siha tried to pour some oil onto Chaewon, hoping that she will retorted back and cause some scene. However, the latter just stare them blankly and shut , do not even triggered by those malicious comment from earlier.

 

Siha was about to slap Chaewon but then, someone tell them the teacher is coming. They all scattered to their designated place and Siha threw a glare at Chaewon.

 

I wonder what wrongdoing have I done to make her that hostile towards me.

 

Chaewon lost in her thought as she is still confuse at her best friend drastic changes. Everything is doing good until her birthday party was held. She drowned in her own thoughts and could not focussing at all during classes.

 

During recess time, Siha confronted Chaewon again and dragged her towards the school unused gymnasium and throw her on the floor. Chaewon cannot held her ferocity any longer as she can never come up with reasonable excuses for Siha to act like a brat towards her.

 

“What’s your problem, Siha? Aren’t we best friends?”

 

Chaewon spat her words and clenching Siha's collar.  Her breath is uneven as she is trying to be in her rational thought. Eventually, Chaewon loosen her grip and let go if Siha.

 

“My problem? Your very own existence is my problem!”

 

Siha yelled back in anger. Her eyes filled with hatred as she shoot back a glare at Chaewon. The Kim Chaewon who is the perfect girl used to be her best friend. They often spending time together doing things a little girl always do. However, Siha started to be jealous at Chaewon for her ability to get anything that she want without putting much effort, contrast with her.

 

If Chaewon need a few minutes to understand a thing, Siha need a hefty hours just to come with Chaewon’s level. Day by day, people started talking at their back, comparing them. Of course, Chaewon never know about petty things like that as her life is already perfect. She have everything while Siha have nothing. Even her own parents once said that they will be really glad if Chaewon is their daughter instead of her.

 

Siha couldn’t take it anymore. She do not want to be in Chaewon’s shadow forever and thus, she spread some nasty gossip to bring Chaewon down but that action give little effect towards her target and she almost give up to bring Chaewon down from her glory. Just in time, Chaewon giddily talking about her upcoming birthday party where she will invite everyone including her. At that moment, Siha know that this is her golden chance.

 

She negotiate with her parents to held some party exactly at the same day as Chaewon’s birthday and already inviting everyone. They agreed quickly as most of them also despise Chaewon for her perfection. They do not acknowledge something which is superior from them and will gladly dragging Chaewon into the mud just to satisfy their own pride.

 

Everything went smoothly and apparently there’s no one going to Chaewon’s party. They celebrated their little success while imagining Chaewon devastated face when she come to the school next week. Unfortunately, that Chaewon seems unbothered by their action and still attending classes like nothing happened. People avoiding her but she seems fine with it.

 

Siha is boiling with anger as Chaewon is not reacting as she predicted. She wanted to see the girl grief and suffer, begging for anyone to be with her but things happen differently. Chaewon becoming more wonderful and people started to avoid Siha instead. She cannot take it anymore and decided to settle things with Chaewon as soon as she can.

 

She withdraw a metallic object which made the model student flinched. Chaewon’s face turned as white as sheet as Siha is closing their distance slowly but surely.

 

“Hey Chaewon, everything will be just fine if you are not around.”

 

Siha said and swing the knife high up in the air. Chaewon cannot evade the sudden attack and just closed her eyes, expecting excruciating pain to envelop her body but she feels nothing.

 

She opened up her eyes and horror scene filled her eyes. Siha stabbed herself while smiling at Chaewon, as if satisfied to let the perfect girl witnessing a scene which will be implanted in her head for a long time.

 

“NOOOO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?”

 

Chaewon hurriedly getting Siha who is falling onto the ground. Smile is plastered on her face as Chaewon grabbed her body.

 

“If I can’t beat you, then I must be reborn again to be better. Sorry for all the troubles, I will make sure to surpass you in my next life.”

 

Siha said and her body slowly loses its heat. Everything went frantic afterwards when teachers discovered both of them lying on  a pool of blood. Chaewon transferred school after that incident as she was deeply traumatized and will go frenzy every time she saw her classmates.

The amount of hate she received is humongous which adding stress towards the innocent young girl. From that day onwards, Chaewon turned into an ice princess with foul mouth to chase away people from her and build a thick wall to protect herself.

Flashback end

***

 

“And that’s what actually happened. Just a dull story, right?”

 

Chaewon chuckled as she is amazed by their reaction. Yujin hanged in disbelief and Wonyoung crumpled her eyebrows. Minjoo just stare Chaewon while her left hand is playing with her chin.

 

Yujin is the one breaking off from her daze and exclaimed.

 

“Woah! Your story is quite disturbing! How come a little girl thinking to stab herself to death? That girl must had some loose screw in her head!”

 

A loud thud can be heard when Minjoo and Wonyoung doing combo smacking Yujin’s head for her inconsiderate remarks. The latter’s head almost feel on the ground and she can see her status bar weaned a little for her HP.

 

“It’s not nice to say something like that, Yujin. Please use your head before speaking.”

 

Minjoo is nagging Yujin again.

 

“True, how about being a little bit empathy instead if being a muscle head for once, Yujin?”

 

Wonyoung joining in Yujin nagging session with Minjoo. The puppy just rolled her eyes in frustration for their action. Chaewon shake her head and tell them she is already healed from the incident. She however, having difficulties to trust people and confessed that she is yet to believe in them.

 

“Oh it’s okay. We’ve got time to know each other more afterwards!”

 

Wonyoung trying cheer up the atmosphere a bit while clasped her hands.

 

“True, please bear with me everyone! I may be young but I am not a dummy!”

 

Yujin cheerfully speak and landed on the bed again. She feels drowsy as they already faced lots of thing earlier and she thought a good sleep will recharge herself for the upcoming adventure on the following day.

Wonyoung also yawned widely though she tried to cover unlike Yujin and lying on the bed. Her eyes feels so heavy and before long, their soft snores filled the room.

 

Chaewon chuckles as she see the youngsters easy going manner and diverted her  gaze at Minjoo. The younger seems a bit off as she is staring blankly at Chaewon. She just come back to reality when Chaewon snapped her fingers in front of Minjoo.

 

“What are you thinking about, Minjoo?”

 

Chaewon curiously questioned her. Minjoo shook her head and explaining her thoughts.

 

“I am just thinking about each and every one of us faced such hardships but still can manage to be alive. Before, I thought that I am the most unfortunate person in this world but my views changed a little when I meet all of you. Funny, isn’t it?”

 

Chaewon just stare at Minjoo while carving a smile on her face. She patted Minjoo’s head and rest her forehead onto the younger’s, locking them into a long gaze into each others eyes.

 

“Listen, Minjoo. When we are thinking that we are unfortunate, there’s more people out there willing to kill just to be in our shoes. Maybe we are unsatisfied with certain things as we are growing up but one thing I know for sure, we must learn to be grateful because we are still alive and kicking.

 

People are dying everyday and we never know when it is our turn to go and thus, we need to cherish every second we have. I may sound a little bit childish but I think we will be happy if our live is filled with love.

 

What is love you asked? Well, love is when you are trying to make people whom you treasure to smile and want to protect them from any danger. In order to fell in love, the first thing needed is trust between people.

 

This is what the current me is lacking but I will try overcome this because, you see, I found the love of my life already. Time is needed before my heart can open up with you girls as we spend our time together. Sorry for making it sound cheesy though.”

 

Chaewon break their link and blushed. She scratched her ears and went straight onto the bed and sleep. Minjoo is fazed by Chaewon words and she just smiled widely and lying beside Chaewon.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter