Memory of Kwon Eunbi

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“NEVER ALWAYS BELIEVE WHAT YOU REMEMBER, HEAR OR SEE. OUR MIND CAN PLAY TRICKS ON US.”

 

***

She moved her stiff body as she can feel some shining light penetrating her eyes. She squinted her eyes and started moving her sore muscles little by little.

 

Why am I hurting like this?

 

She questioned herself and tried her best to move her body. She manages to lean onto the bed when suddenly she heard something metallic crashing on the ground.

 

She directed her gaze and see an old woman, maybe in her late forties, stood frozen while gasping . Though that figure is unfamiliar, she is too shocked as that woman running towards her and pulled her into tight hug while sobbing hard. Real hard.

 

“Oh… You are alive. Thank God, you are alive.”

 

The woman said while sniffing.

 

Something peculiar feeling arose within her. Thousands if question started to fill her mind but all she could say is,

 

“I am sorry Ma’am but who are you? Why are you crying?”

 

She shoot her question with confused looks at the older woman. Unfortunately, it seems her question made her sobbing turned into wailing and then, another group of people in uniform barged in and escorted the older woman out from her room.

 

She felt more relax than earlier because being suddenly approached by stranger and let them cry on you is not a normal thing to do. Not for her anyway.

 

Another woman wearing a lab coat, presumably a doctor, come into the room and walked towards her. She bring along a clip file with some messy handwriting jotted onto it and seat beside the confuse girl.

 

“Good morning. I am glad that you are doing fine. My name is Dr Park. Can I know your name?”

 

She asked sweetly while holding onto a pen. She looked straight into the girl’s eyes as she waited for her to reply.

 

“My name? Errr…”

 

What was it again? What is my name?

 

As she something is going wrong with her as she cannot remember her name, she began panting heavily. Suddenly, something flashes into her mind. Lots of screaming, she can feel her body cower in fear, another blinding light coming into her mind, screeching noise and lastly she heard someone yelled, “Kwon Eunbi!”.

 

She blurted out that name and Dr Park have some concerned look in her eyes as she quickly writing something on those paper. She checked Eunbi pulse and she recorded it afterwards.

 

“Correct. Your name is Kwon Eunbi. Do you remember what happened to you the last time you awake?”

 

She asked again while clasping Eunbi hand. The latter just stare into the space blankly before shaking her head.

 

“I am sorry.”

 

She muttered. Her heart beat is not going slower after she discover her own name from earlier.

 

“My mind is kinda jumble up right now. I just remember some blinding light, lots of screaming and screeching sound.”

 

She told Dr Park honestly what she just remember in detail. The doctor puckered her lips while scribbling again onto the board.

 

“I see. Next, do you recognize the woman from earlier? The one that hug you?”

 

She shake her head again and hang her head down. She felt something uneasy for her inability to recognize the older woman from earlier.

 

“No, I’m afraid it's my first time seeing her today though maybe we know each other, judging from her action earlier. However, I really do not remember who exactly she is.”

 

Eunbi explained what’s on her mind. She stared Dr Park, begging for some explanation about this whole situation.

 

“Can you… Tell me what happen to me? Why am I here? Since when am I here? How can I be here?”

 

She blurted out her question as she cannot contain her curiosity anymore. Well, anyone will be panic if s/he suddenly waking up in a hospital and not knowing anything plus being hugged by some stranger too.

 

Dr Park clenched her teeth, trying to choose suitable word to explain for this girl. She closed her eyes and take a deep breath before saying,

 

“You were involved in some accident and lose your consciousness for several days.

 

You hit your head hard, and that will affect your memory a little bit as we cannot ascertain what exactly will you face as everyone have different body and that make it difficult to actually diagnose you until we can run thorough checkup once you are awake.”

 

Dr Park explained in detail about side effect of her head condition while not clearly stated what kind of accident Eunbi was involve. Of course, Eunbi herself do not think that much because she thought that maybe they are being considerate towards her as she just wake up from her long slumber.

 

“Is that so? I understand. Is there anything else I can assist you, Dr Park?”

 

She replied calmly. The doctor is taken aback upon receiving such unusual answer. Commonly, people will throwing tantrum, demanding for reason exactly what happening to them and sorts but this girl is too calm and collected.

 

She is too gentle. Make me feel chilled for a while.

 

Dr Park thought.

 

“We will conduct several basic check up before coming up with suitable treatment for you. If you are recovering fast, we might put you in rehab before discharging you.”

 

“Okay, I understand. Thank you for kindly taking your time to answer my questions.”

 

Eunbi smile politely at Dr Park and the doctor stood there, fazed by those angelic smile. She quickly composed herself and bow at Eunbi before leaving the room.

 

Eunbi sank into her pillow and stare at the ceiling. She put her right hand on her hand and mumbled,

 

My name is Kwon Eunbi and I do not remember anything aside my name. Who am I? What do I do before coming here?

 

Eunbi cannot help but kept wondering about her past. She tossed around and suddenly, her eyes catch something lying on the table. There’s a pot of colourful Begonia neatly arranged and seems quite fresh and beside that pot of flower, Eunbi see a bulky, rectangular object. She stretched her hand and take the brown jacket book and quickly scanned it.

 

She opened the book and surprises to see her name written within it with neat handwriting.

 

Is this is mine? Who left it here?

 

Question buzzing into her head and peaked her interest to continue and read the book.

 

Well, technically it’s mine so I don’t think it's a crime to read it. Might help me to remember something.”

 

Eunbi agree with her thought and started to read the book.

 

***

“Dear diary,

 

This is my first time doing something like this. I don’t know what's going on my mind while I’m doing this. I just feel like doing it. That’s all.

 

Today, I received a placement for the company that I wanted to work for so long! I am so ecstatic upon learning this news. What should  I wear on my first day? How should I introduce myself?

 

I feel so giddy upon imagining myself working for such big company. Might prove that I am doing well for my parents in the heaven, you know.

 

Life is so hard without them but never did I blame for their early departure to the another life. I feel really blessed to receive their love and thanked them for giving birth and caring me.

 

Eh, why am I going emotional out of sudden? I guess I am reaching that age to be sensitive to all small matter? However, it feels good to pour my thought into this. Might as well continue doing this in the future (if I got time). Who knows how work will turn out later.

 

I feel sleepy. Good night.”

 

***

My name is Kwon Eunbi and apparently I had lost my parents long ago. How did they die? What kind of life am I living before?

 

Eunbi closed the book and massage her temple. She can feel her head is pounding right now after reading those book, presumably her very own diary.

 

“Well, at least I get some information about myself.”

 

She uttered and heaved a sigh. Somehow, she felt something is going on but she do not know reasons behind her uneasiness. As if she is forgetting something really important and she do not know what is it.

 

She resumed her reading, hoping to find another clue about her, anything that can trigger her to regain her memories.

 

***

 

“Dear diary,

 

It’s been a long time since I write, right? Life is getting busier with works but I do not hate it. Instead, I love every moment I spend as I know, there’s people out there are relying on me to produce something good and be able to cure them.

 

Although I’m still a rookie, they let me handle few things which I consider as important. Once, I get to participate in a testing lab and the result is magnificent! My feelings is growing bigger and I find new resolution which is to try my best and be a great asset for them.

 

My little sacrifice won’t affect humanity much and if I can help to find the cure then it will be really amazing, right? I know it is not easy but I will try my best!

 

Look at the time, I need to sleep as tomorrow gonna be a long day and I also need to study more.

 

Good night!”

 

***

 

“Seriously, what kind if job am I doing? A researcher? A doctor? Scientist? Nah, I am not that brainy and I’m certain of it.”

 

Eunbi huffed and tilted her head. She cannot imagine herself being caught up in some lab, conducting experiment at all. She crossed her legs as her numb feeling from waking up earlier finally eased.

 

She shoot her stares outside of the windows and caught some lush greeneries swaying by the wind. She peeked and found out that there’s beautiful park just beside her room. Fortunately, her room is on the ground floor and it took her no time to jump and stroll outside.

 

“Hup! And now I am free to walk.”

 

She exclaimed as she shut her windows before turning her head left and right to make sure no one see her action just now.

 

“There should be no ruckus if they found out I am creeping from my room, right? I feel just healthy and it is such a waste to stay huddled in the room with such fine weather!”

 

Eunbi fastened her steps and roaming towards the park. She do not know why but she feels like at home while wandering around the garden. Suddenly, she felt some pang inside her head and crouched down by a bark of a tree.

 

“Ouch! W-what is this?”

 

She winced as something like flashback appeared within her eyes.

 

***

 

“Hey, wait for me!”

 

She can see a girl with luscious jet-black hair is giggling while chasing another girl with platinum blonde hair.

 

“Eunbi, faster! You want to see it, right? I will show it to you but you need to be fast or they will find out!”

 

Eunbi trying her best to run as fast as she can with her short legs. Unfortunately, she tripped and rolling down as her legs stuck by tree barks. Losing her sight of those platinum blonde which running ahead of her plus those pains from falling, she wailed loudly.

 

“Hey, you okay, little one?”

 

Eunbi stopped her cry as she see the platinum blonde silhouette bringing something with her. As she tried to speak, she abruptly felt something is shaking her.

 

***

 

Eunbi opened up her eyes and she realized that there’s someone actually shaking her now. She squinted her eyes and almost choked as she see a platinum blonde beauty is shaking her vigorously with some concern expression painted on her face.


 

“Hey, you okay, little one?”

 

Eunbi feels twice as shocked as she just heard exactly the same phrase from her dreaming just now. She look at the beauty dumbfoundedly, trying to mutter some words but just tears running out suddenly.

 

The latter shocked as she see the angel with raven-hair shed her tears as she opened up her eyes. Evenso, she finds that those little angel is still adorable. She pulled Eunbi into tight hug and whispered,

 

“Hey, little one. Don’t cry.”

 

She slipped a pink Carnation onto Eunbi right ear and amused by the visual sitting in front of her. Those red, puffy eyes with runny nose almost looks inhuman as she is too beautiful with those flowers on her. She squatted in front of Eunbi and wipe her tears.

 

“Little one, I think you must go back now. They will frantically searching for you again.”

 

She speaked and hoisted Eunbi up, spanking dust off from Eunbi.

 

“Who are you?”

 

Eunbi muttered her question.

 

You seems familiar.

 

She continued her remarks in her heart. She grew anxious about this particular platinum blonde standing in front of her.

 

“My name is Bieun and I say you must go now.”

 

Eunbi cannot shoot her second question as Bieun already walked away and be gone from her eyes. She bit her lips and head back towards her rooms. Questions poured into her head about her earlier flashback and her sudden meeting with Bieun.

 

She take off her slippers and hid it behind some Oleander bush and jumped into her room. She double check her steps and clothes for anything that could give her away for an unauthorized walk and satisfied with her clever clean off.

 

Eunbi slammed her body onto her bed and trying her best to recollect every moment that happen today.

 

My name is Kwon Eunbi and I have no parents. I am a worker before but I cannot remember that. Somehow I have some flashback running with some beautiful platinum blonde and suddenly Bieun appeared in front of me. Is she the same girl in my flashback? Are those my earlier memory?

 

Eunbi sighed as she herself cannot answer her question. Many things occur as soon as she batted her eyelids and she felt tired for some reasons. She positioned herself on the bed and cover her body with white blanket before dozing off.

 

***

“Miss Kwon Eunbi, please wake up.”

 

Eunbi groaned as her naptime is interrupted. She tried to ignore it and continue her nap. However, the person who is responsible for waking her up is stubbornly continuing her work to get Eunbi awake.

 

She lazily opened up her eyes and her gaze meet those lady’s eyes.

 

It’s the crying woman from earlier.

 

Eunbi quickly recognized her albeit just seeing her for a few moment. The latter sighed in relief as Eunbi finally gain her consciousness.

 

“I am really sorry to bother you but there’s something I must tell you. Please, listen to me.”

 

The woman hastily spoke before Eunbi could ever process her speech.

 

“Never believe in anything you hear, see and remember. Keep this in your mind. Forget that I am crying earlier. There’s reason for that but I cannot tell you just yet.

 

Please, do your best to fight those sudden surge of your memories. There’s some false one implanted within you. Stay strong, stay alive.”

 

She grind her teeth as she keep glancing at the door. She nodded her head at Eunbi before leaving that girl as quick as she come to wake her up from her precious nap time.

 

“What the actual thing is going on?!”

 

Eunbi grunted as she once again fall in confusion with sudden warning she received from the woman. As she tried her best to think, her stomach growled and she rubbed it.

 

“Well, to think again, I never eat since I wake up, right? How can I forget such important thing. Well, not that I can remember anything earlier.”

 

 

Eunbi chuckled at her own joke and tried to move from her bed when suddenly, some knocking heard from her door. She give her permission for the person to enter and she is surprised as a trolley of food is brought for her.

 

“Oh my! Just in time as my stomach is grumbling earlier!”

 

She exclaimed happily as the nurse served some luxurious and nutritious food onto her table. She gave her thanked towards the nurse and started digging in. She savours every bite of the food and gulped it down with dreamy eyes, tasting such excellent dishes.

 

It took her no time to clean up every plate on her table and she just realized something. The nurse from earlier do not leave her after sending food but just standing beside her, watching Eunbi pigging on those foods.

 

She suddenly feels some blood rushing towards her face and tried her best to hide her embarrassment with her hands by cupping her face. The nurse clearly overwhelmed upon seeing Eunbi speed in eating but she choose to stay silent and clean up those plates. She bid Eunbi goodbye before leaving the room.

 

“Do I ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter