Overcome

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"CLOSE YOUR EYES AND DRAWS YOUR EARS IN"

***

It's the darkness again. Chaewon didn't realize why is she back in here when she just stepped out to fight the black dragon a few moments ago. She grunted because to put it  words, Chaewon is growing tired of all of this where she is trapped within the darkness and countless voice will come and taunt her.

 

The looming darkness no longer making Chaewon afraid because she had it enough. Instead of struggling, Chaewon embrace the darkness because deep inside, she started believing that she is indeed a cursed child. Nothing good happened to her friends as long as she is there with them. 

 

She will never be loved even though everyone always said that she is loved. She neither precious or useful, she will just drag everything down with her. She knows that she is born and destined to be hated by others from the start. Chaewon can hear faint chuckles in the midst of the darkness as she is shrouded by those thick, black mist again.

 

"At last, you prostate to me. Let me help you to end this misery."

 

The darkness is swirling around her as Chaewon kneeled on the floor, didn't give a damn anymore about anything. She just want everything to end once and for all.

 

***

"Eunbi, look!"

 

Sakura is alarmed as she pointed at Chaewon who is standing in the middle of a circle as per the black dragon requested. Earlier, Chaewon strides towards that dragon as it mentioned about challenging Chaewon alone. It didn't explain anything about what kind of trial will Chaewon face but the girl just silently take her tiny steps towards the dragon and standing still inside a circle.

 

Before long, Chaewon body is emanating those black aura again. The one which forced Kami-sama to go back inside Sakura body from earlier which made Sakura frowned. She thought that the dragon is the reason behind Chaewon releasing such negative energy but it seems that her guess is dead wrong. 

 

Eunbi is surprised to see Chaewon face filled with unknown inscription as the girl wails loudly as her knees slowly giving out, letting Chaewon slumped on the ground while writhing in pain, as if something is hurting her.

 

"Chaewon!"

 

Sakura and Eunbi dashed towards Chaewon as she is starting to cough blood after letting out her ear-piercing yell. They want to grab the girl away and help her, however, before they could reach Chaewon, the black dragon stopped their advance with its claws.

 

"Do not disturb this sacred ritual!"

 

It roared at Eunbi and Sakura while sending both of them away with only a flap of its wings. Ava manage catching those two who is now more than ready to clash their swords with the dragon because they thought that it will only harm Chaewon if both of them didn't do anything to stop such ridiculous ritual.

 

"No! If you disrupted the ritual, Chaewon might die!"

 

Ava stood in front of the girls as it desperately stopping them. Eunbi and Sakura are stunted with their eyes wide open as they heard Ava statement.

 

***

 

Yena crashed the wall as the Golden Dragon deflected her attack for the nth time since the fight started. However, instead of giving up, those inflicted injuries on her body just made Yena more pumped up. She had the time of her life while exchanging blows with the Golden Dragon. 

 

She never feels such exhilaration while fighting with her enemies before. Heck, she even laughed as she can taste her blood on her lips while she it away. Yena let out her battle cries as she rushed again towards her target. 

 

She muttered her spell while activating skills to inflict significant damage to the Golden Dragon as it had such rigid scales which deflected Yena attack all this time. She had the urge of wanting to peel off those scales and skinned this Golden Dragon alive.

 

Meanwhile, Wonyoung is aiding Yena with her attack. If Yena is facing the dragon upfront, Wonyoung is chipping away the dragon HP through her debuff attack. Usually, such spell would not affect a mighty opponent such as dragon too much but with the help of Ivy, her familiar which is a powerful Dryad, effectiveness of Wonyoung attack increased by several more times. 

 

"Wonyoung, keep it up! We almost get it done!"

 

Yena squawked at the youngest as she picks up herself after getting another flying hit from the Golden Dragon.

 

"Sure! Give it your all, Yena!"

 

Wonyoung hollered back at Yena while she evading incoming fireballs from the dragon. Ivy managed shielding Wonyoung with her sturdy shield made up from barrel cactus. The girl thanked her familiar for the save as she focusing again in helping Yena to top off this dragon and finish their trial.

 

Noticing that its HP is decreasing at an alarming rate, the Golden Dragon let out a hearty laugh as it is amazed by it's Chosen One and her comrade plus the Dryad working well with each other to try defeating it with all their might.

 

"Naive! I am called as the Golden Dragon for reasons."

 

The white dragon suddenly began shining radiantly which startled Yena. She halted her attack and retreated to be at Wonyoung side, worried that the dragon might hurt the youngest girl. Both Yena and Wonyoung quickly equipped sunglasses, thanks to Chaeyeon multifunctional WizShop, allowing them to be prepared for any incoming attack from the dragon if this blinding light is used as mere distraction to create a diversion.

 

"Ah, now I can fight with all my might."

 

As soon as the dazzling light faded, the white dragon is transformed into a golden dragon which emanating faint smell of saffron incense. Yena gasped as soon as she sees her opponent hidden card.

 

Golden Dragon:

 

"Amazing, you are full of surprise!"

 

Yena couldn't contain her excitement anymore. She is eager to clash in a fight with this dragon, the one who draws her inner warrior to go all out in an intense fighting. She didn't know why but her heart is really ecstatic to see the dragon treating her as equal.

 

She is well aware of the greatness of this creature who is currently wiggling its tail while putting up its guarding against Yena, Wonyoung and Ivy. Even though the Golden Dragon can easily wiped them off with it's dragon breath, it didn't even use those attacks. Instead, the dragon just using its physical attack which limited to the claws and tails. As if the Golden Dragon is trying to test both Yena and Wonyoung capabilities fighting with it.

 

Now that all of them already exchanging blows for a while, the Golden Dragon finally preparing itself to went all out. After all, this is a fight where Yena future familiar will be decided. Knowing all of this fact, Yena is eager to resume her fight with the dragon. The irregular heartbeat that she felt while fighting with this special enemy intensifies even more as time passes. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter