First Boss Battle

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“THE LIGHT INSIDE THE MORE DEEPER EYES MAKE MY HEART ON FIRE, MAKE ME DANCE”

***

“You girls are late.”

 

Yena hollered at Chaewon team as they approaching the other girls. Yujin is carrying Minjoo on her back as the girl is still dozing off because she is still yet to recover her energy from berserking earlier. Chaewon and Wonyoung walked leisurely, ignoring Yena loud voice who is complaining at them.

 

Chaewon glared at Yena as she find the girl is too loud when Minjoo stirred in her sleep. Her eyes sending chills towards Yena spine and the ducky quickly zipped .

 

Chaewon:

 

“Since when Chaewon become this grumpy?”

 

Yena whimpered at Yuri. Sakura overheard her whines and decided to tease the girl.

 

“Maybe because you are too loud. Like can you stop yapping even for a second?”

 

Yena and Sakura scowled at each other but stopped when they are getting pecked on the head ferociously.

 

“Ouch, ouch! Crazy bird! Go away! Whose bird is this?”

 

Yena angrily chasing off the bird and attempted to slash it before her Danger Sense blaring off again. She turned around and see Eunbi is staring her hard and even Chaewon is drawing out her sword and ready to charge at Yena.

 

She turned at Sakura only to find the girl disappearing from her side already and chatting with Hyewon and Chaeyeon at the other side of the room.

 

Oh lord, if I am really dead by today, please turn me back into a duck in my next life.

 

Yena desperately prayed for her reincarnation which made both Sakura and Hyewon bit their mouth to stifle their laugh.

 

“Eung, what are doing in here?”

 

Minjoo just woken up from her slumber and find out she is dozing off on Yujin shoulder. She yelped and jumped away from Yujin which made the girl frowned.

 

“Are my hair that smelly?”

 

Yujin pouted which made the whole team cracked upon hearing her question.

 

“That’s why I told you to clean yourself properly, Yujin.”

 

Wonyoung join in to friend.

 

“Take Yuri as example, she shampoo her hair twice a day but you rarely washed up even once every two days.”

Nako butted into the teasing. She will not let the chance to tease Yujin passed by.

Chaewon is letting Yena off the hook for this time as Minjoo seems a bit better. If only Minjoo are somewhat looking tired but are forced to wake up, Yena will definitely had to pray harder to be reincarnated as a duck.

 

Eunbi smiled as she look at Yujin who is flushing red right now as people keep teasing her. She can see most of them are wobbling and ordered them to enter the safe area.

 

“Let’s take a rest for now. I can see some of us still visibly tired from long battle just now.”

 

Said Eunbi. All of them gratefully entered the safe zone and slumped onto the ground, sprawling leisurely. Eunbi just shook her head watching her beloved babies. She took the liberty by introducing Leica in front of her friends and let her familiar playing around with other familiars.

 

At the meantime, Sakura and Eunbi brought out packed lunch while Chaeyeon and Hyewon set up the mat for the girls to eat. As soon as those dishes are out, those girls turned into hyena mode and scurrying over to the food while blinking at Eunbi, waiting for permission to eat.

 

“Let’s eat now.”

 

On cue, their hand moved and secure food as fast as lighting but still cannot beat Hyewon dominance. Eunbi and Chaeyeon didn’t forget to feed the four familiar which is as hungry as their partner. Wonyoung and Yujin are beaming with happiness to get a piece of fried chicken as it is almost vanish from the plate after only 3 seconds. Eunbi sighed upon witnessing their gluttonous behavior and brought out another set of fried chicken.

 

Wonyoung & Yujin:

 

“Say, what will we face after passing those boss door?”

 

Yena:

 

Yena asked while munching her food. Yuri slapped the girl elbow as Yena’s food splatter on her face while she is talking.

 

“Yena, that is so disgusting.”

 

Said Yuri while wiping off those food from her face. Yena apologize at Yuri while offering to clean it instead. However, her action made the girls smirk.

 

“Uwu, I think it’s spring already.”

 

Said Sakura while making a teasing face at Yena.

 

Sakura:

 

“Ahh, to be young sure is wonderful.”

 

Nako continued which made Yena face turned into pink.

 

Nako:

 

“Just get a room already, you two. Ugh, such love birds. PDA is prohibited here in front of us singles people.”

 

Hitomi spatted out while widening her eyes and jerking her eyebrows, glaring at Yena and Yuri. When Hitomi said that, everyone is shook at her words and look at her dumbfoundedly.

 

Hitomi:

Only Chaewon is bursting out her laugh while showing thumbs up at Hitomi remarks.

 

“You sure are quite savage, Hitomi.”

 

Chaewon wiped her tears from over laughing while Hitomi just smirk at all of them.

 

“Those cheek is hiding her savageness, no doubt.”

 

Yujin commented while nodding her head.

 

“Eh? I thought it is for keeping her cuteness.”

 

Minjoo also joining in the party. Eunbi can only laugh as she is too mesmerized to see Hitomi slowly coming out from her cocoon and acting comfortable around them. The girl used to be quite reserved and shy while holding herself all this time. Eunbi guess that maybe something is happening while they are exploring the dungeon that made Hitomi changed for the better.

 

“Well, their PDA is better than confessing that someone is improving every second passed while she obviously can’t hear that. How sweet is that.”

 

Sakura said that out loud and making six head turning at her. She blinked at them and turned at Hyewon which is averting her gaze.

 

Am I doomed?

 

She didn’t waste her time and asked Hyewon hurriedly.

 

Yes you are, you big mouth.

 

Hyewon keep munching her food, trying her best to act as if she don’t know what is Sakura saying. At that moment, Danger Sense is blaring inside three people head. Wonyoung and Yujin hurriedly shaking their head, swearing that they are innocent when Chaewon glared at them furiously. They even putting down their precious chicken to save their asses from getting a beaten from Chaewon.

 

Sakura tried her best to slowly get out from the safe area and hide herself but unfortunately, her Akashic stone fell off from her pocket and those recorded scene of Chaewon praising Minjoo is displayed in front of everyone.

 

Minjoo is surprised to miss listening to those words coming out from Chaewon. She is flabbergasted as she feels so shy for getting such praise from Chaewon. Her eyes is wide opened as she realized that Chaewon always believe in her more than Minjoo ever count on herself. She stared into the replayed recording mesmerizingly.

 

Minjoo:

 

Eunbi and Chaeyeon facepalmed as clumsy Sakura exposing herself. She and Chaeyeon acting busy by feeding and petting Leica and Maki which left Sakura alone to face Chaewon wrath.

 

“Uhh, I am sorry for peeking?”

 

Sakura stuttered and flinched when she can sense piercing, burning gaze upon her. She turned her head slowly and see Chaewon is looking at her. The girl at first just smiling sweetly however her aura is not giving off positive vibe. Sakura swear she can see black thing emanating from Chaewon as the girl glared her while waving to Sakura, calling the older girl to come near her.

 

Chaewon:


 

Sakura just laughed nervously before dashing off, distancing herself from Chaewon as much as she can. The girl who always acting like an angel suddenly turned into an ogre as she chased Sakura.

 

Sakura:

 

“MIYAWAKI SAKURA, YOU BETTER STAY WHERE YOU ARE OR ELSE!”

 

All of them are surprised to hear such gentle Chaewon is shouting her lungs out while giving her all to run after Sakura.

 

“ONLY CRAZY PEOPLE WILL STAY!”

 

Sakura panickedly replied as Chaewon suddenly able to accelerate and catching up with her. She turned at giggling Nako and swear the girl just wished her good luck while Chaewon grabbing hem of Sakura cloth.

 

“NOOOOO!”

 

Sakura yelled as the other are praying for a certain cherry blossom to survive.

 

“Thank you Sakura for cooking us delicious food.”

 

Yujin started her prayer for Sakura.

 

“I thanked you for feeding me all this time.”

 

Wonyoung also offered Sakura her prayer.

 

“Here lies Sakura, the biggest blabbermouth I ever met.”

 

Hyewon didn’t miss the chance to join the prayer circle.

 

“Even though we always bickering, you are not that bad.”

 

Yena clasped her hand and offering Sakura her portion of fried chicken.

 

“I am not deceased yet!”

 

Sakura sudden appearance made all of them turned their head at her. The girl sure in such a mess as if she just faced a horde of ogre before collapsing on Chaeyeon laps. Minjoo and Hitomi quickly healed her while Chaewon walked passed by looking satisfied.

 

At that time, everyone non verbally agreed to not mess up with Chaewon, ever.

***

“Now that all mess are clear up and we are fully recharged, let’s conquer this dungeon!”

 

Eunbi words is accepted well and received positive reaction from her fellow friend except for Sakura. She is somehow looking terrified as she glance at Chaewon and distanced herself from the girl. When Yena asked her what had Chaewon done while they are eating happily in safe area, Sakura making horrified place and begging for Chaewon forgiveness while facing Yena.

 

“Well, better made them learnt a lesson to not interfere with people business.”

 

Chaewon suddenly appeared behind Yena while smiling cheerfully. Yena flinched even though she did nothing wrong which will possibly made Chaewon mad at her. Even though she is younger than both Sakura and Yena, it didn’t changed the fact that they both are afraid of her.

 

That’s why people said never test the limit of a quiet person.

 

Hyewon walking beside terrified Sakura. She is amazed to see the girl who always act high and mighty and heading first into any battle with any enemy will be tamed by a sweet girl. She didn’t asked Sakura on what is happening as those scene are replaying in the girl head clearly to every tiny detail and Hyewon are amazed how Sakura can survive those kind of punishment from Chaewon.

 

“Okay now, gather up! We will discuss about possible strategy for facing the Minotaur!”

 

Eunbi called the kids and they obediently gathered. Sakura snapped from her trauma and returned back to her normal self as they are about to fight a boss level monster. They huddled as listening to Eunbi and Nako explanation attentively.

 

“According to the clerk at the guild, the boss which is Minotaur is at most level 10 which is same level like us.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter