Beautiful Life

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“YOU, WOULD YOU TRUST ME? WOULD YOU OPEN YOUR HEART MORE TO ME?”

***

Wake up.

 

As soft voice reaching her cochlea, transmitting the sound in her brain, forcing her to come back to her sense. Eunbi opened her eyes slowly and been greeted by total darkness. She groaned as she remember reasons why she is here instead of being with her friends.

 

I am so stupid.

 

She chuckled as she reminiscence her last moment before coming here, ignoring the voice that waking her up from her slumber.

***

Flashback

Eunbi and Hyewon are fighting the last batch of spider which are swarming them as Chaeyeon provided support from the back. Everything seems in control until suddenly, her Danger Sense blaring which made Eunbi turned her head on her right.

 

Hyewon gritted her teeth as she noticed that an Arachnia, a high level spider monster emerged among the deceases spider.

 

“Damn, of all time how can an Arachnia showing up here?”

 

Eunbi heard Hyewon mumbling and asked her details of their new enemy. Hyewon looked at Eunbi worriedly before mumbling all possible details about the Arachnia.

 

“It is a higher evolution of spider. A really high level enemy. We can never beat it with our current level and skill and equipment.”

 

Eunbi fell into silence as she digested those information. They didn’t have enough time to run away as it may chase them to another floor which will possess threat towards the others. Eunbi gulped as she cracked her brain to find an ideal solution to the unexpected crisis emerged in front of them.

 

She throw glances at the other two which is still fighting at the back. She noticed that the girls just a few step away from safe area which made an outrageous idea surging into her mind. Chaeyeon and Sakura are still oblivious of the new enemy and Eunbi know they stood no chance to defeat the monster.

 

She contemplating with herself about the idea. However, as she see Hyewon is struggling to assist Eunbi as her MP already depleted, Eunbi finally making up her mind. She quickly telling Hyewon telepathically about her plan which made the girl protest.

 

Hyewon, the safe area is just at the back of us. Drag Chaeyeon and Sakura into it. I’ll deal with the Arachnia.

 

Hyewon stood on her place, shaking her head vigorously, rejecting Eunbi idea.

 

"No, Eunbi! There must be a way to defeat it. If we combine our strength together-"

 

Hyewon!

 

Her speech is interrupted as Eunbi urged her without opening any spaces for negotiation anymore. Hyewon clenched her fists while muttering her last words at Eunbi before dashing off and dragging both Chaeyeon and Sakura forcefully into the safe area.

 

I wouldn’t promise that, Hyewon.

 

Eunbi smirked while activating her Hellfire skill which obtained during their last big fight back in Commencer. It is a common knowledge where bug is not good dealing with fire and Eunbi need to make sure her beloved babies will be safe even if she need to sacrifice herself.

 

After activating the skill, the high level Arachnia helplessly being burned with the flame and Eunbi also engulfed in the flame to fulfill the condition of activating it where the user must be sacrificed too.

Flashback end

***

Please come back safely.

 

Hyewon words kept echoing inside her head as Eunbi is floating throughout the dark and endless realm. She know that her action is so stupid and selfish but she had no other option at that time to make sure that all her friends will be safe.

 

Sacrificing myself is such a small price if that can make my family safe.

 

She speak to herself while closing her eyes. She is feeling a bit weird as she didn’t hear the counter of being deported back even though she just being incinerated in those sinister flame. She curled and hugged herself, crying out loud as she feels sorry for leaving her friends out of sudden.

 

I’m sorry for being so selfish. If only I was stronger.

 

She felt useless as she thought she had done nothing significant to assist her friends. She let out tears she had been holding back as she need to appear stronger for the sake of her friends. However, she is not that strong. She is just a fragile girl who pretend to be calm and collected when in fact she is just a plain Jane. Here, she can pour out her feelings as nobody can witness her weak side.

 

Suddenly, a soft yet stern voice greets her.

 

You who burn yourself twice. Stop crying.

 

Eunbi is startled and hold up her head from hanging down. She turned around to search for the source of the voice.

 

Who are you? Where are you?

 

She frantically called out the voice demanding it to show itself.

 

I had witness all your amazing and selfless deed since the day you set your foot on this land.

 

Eunbi gulped as the voice seems to know that she and her friends are not originating from this world. This is making her curiosity growing as she trying her best to maintain her composure after letting loose for a bit.

 

How do you know about that? Isn’t we already rewind the time?

 

Eunbi are suspicious of the voice as it stated the fact that Eunbi is scorched not once but twice. This reminded her those bitter moment back in Commencer where they helplessly defeated by Aide. If not for Chaewon, maybe they are all already dead within a few days in Wizland.

 

You cannot fooled my eyes. I know everything. I monitor everything. Humans are such selfish creature yet you are different from the rest of them. Who are you? Grace me with your name.

 

The voice explained which making Eunbi confused. She is contemplating with herself whether to answer the inquiries or otherwise but then, she just decided to state her name. There’s nothing for her to lose anyway.

 

My name is Eunbi. Kwon Eunbi. Who are you? Can you show yourself?

 

Upon requesting that, suddenly the surrounding turning bright which made Eunbi squinted her eyes. She is mesmerized to see a magnificent purplish bird in front of her. The bird is lowering it head albeit it dignified presence which made Eunbi flustered.

 

Why are you lowering your head? Please be at ease.

 

The bird lifted it head and flashed a smile at innocent Eunbi.

 

All this time we are communicating telepathically, you can’t tell?

 

Eunbi is shocked to learn that as she thought she is talking normally to another human  all this time. The bird flapped its wing before lowering its head again towards Eunbi.

 

O human child. Bestow me with a name and I shall be your partner throughout my life.

 

Eunbi is dumbfounded. She didn’t know what is happening but on thing that she aware are the bird sitting in front of her are offering a familiar contract with her. She didn’t see anything wrong to choose the bird to be her partner and thus, she closed her eyes, trying to come up with a nice name.

 

Leica. Your name will be Leica, an anagram of Eailc, representing our first meeting place. Do you like it?

 

Eunbi told the shining bird its name. It seems amazed at the name and gladly accepted it.

 

Leica… From now on my name will be Leica. It's nice to meet you, my master.

 

Eunbi. Call me Eunbi. Glad to be your partner, Leica.

 

If you say so. From now on I will lend you a hand in any moment, Eunbi. I am at your disposal.

 

I will never let my friend suffer. Let’s get along and fight together side by side, okay?

 

A purplish light surrounded both of them as the contract is formed. Eunbi feels something warm inside her chest as they finished uttering their words. Eunbi held out her hand and patting Leica which appeared so fond of Eunbi.

 

Now we must head back to your friends, they are waiting for you.

 

Leica picked up Eunbi and put her on its back. Eunbi grabbed Leica feather as she tried to balance herself.

 

What do you mean? I am alive? I can meet my precious family again?

 

Eunbi is overjoyed upon learning that she will her friends again. That their last meeting is not their final goodbye.

 

What are you saying? Of course you are alive. Such flame cannot hurt you as I am your partner now.

 

Leica replied proudly which made Eunbi curious. However, her question remain buried as Leica flapped her wings and their surrounding changes yet again. Eunbi closed her eyes as the light is too much for the to handle. They floated in the air as Leica bringing Eunbi back into Uno.

***

“NOOO! EUNBI! LET ME GO!”

 

Sakura struggled and manage to escape from Hyewon and Chaeyeon. The black flame already subdued when she stumbled from the safe area. Her knees turned jelly as there are no remaining of Eunbi in the area as the flame burned everything completely.

 

“Kkura…”

 

The voice that called her made Sakura turned her head and glared at both Hyewon and Chaeyeon who look as devastated as her.

 

“You! Why would you leave her!”

 

Sakura went and choked Hyewon who didn’t even bother to fight back. Sakura is consumed with hatred right now as she her tears dropping onto Hyewon face. Chaeyeon yanked Sakura and distanced her from Hyewon.

 

“I- I am sorry. Eunbi instructed me to save you two first. I tried to drag her too b-but…”

 

Her cracked voice made Sakura felt guilty and before long, Hyewon also broke into tears. Chaeyeon herself want to join the party but she need to appear strong as there will be no Eunbi anymore to calm them. Being broken down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter