Adversity

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“THAT WIDE WORLD, DRAW IT INTO YOUR EYES”

***

“So we already decided what to choose, right?”

 

Eunbi grinned at her friends as they nodded while holding on a piece of paper. However, Minjoo and Yuri are looking a bit worried as they felt nervous to enter an unknown place for the first time. Plus, they afraid that they might hinder their friend’s progress with their low agility.

 

“No worries, we are there to support you two. We got your back.”

 

Chaeyeon sweetly calmed the worry wart duo.

 

“Yeah, we will proceed within the dungeon slow and steady. We got long time to complete the quest.”

 

Said Yujin while glancing at the two. She is holding their quest paper and are waiting for Eunbi to collect them before giving it to the guild counter, indicating that their party are going to try the quest.

 

“Don’t worry, have fun.”

 

Hitomi carved a smile at her friends while walking backwards. It is quite fine to do so as there are rarely people going out early in the morning.

 

“We already levelled up and even stocked up our items. Nothing gonna be happening.”

 

Yena is pouting as her patient already at the limit hearing her friends whine. She is waiting for the day to enter the dungeon for quite some time. She read tons of manga and fantasy novel describing different kind of dungeon and she is eagerly wanting to enter one since she heard about the dungeon back in Commencer.

 

Sakura knocked Yena’s head which made her groaned.

 

“What was that for?”

 

Yena snarled at Sakura.

 

“Don’t raise unnecessary flag when we are just beginning our journey.”

 

Sakura replied curtly.

 

“What flag? Ugh, you are so annoying.”

 

Yena and Sakura kept bantering until Chaeyeon faked cough which is when they just sensed a dangerous aura leaking around them. The Tom & Jerry looking terrified as their Danger Sense are blaring inside of their head. They gulped and shifted their gaze at Eunbi which is leaking out murderous intent despite smiling sweetly in front of them.

 

They quickly made up and linking arms while forcing a smile at Eunbi.

 

“No, no. We are not fighting. See? We are good friends!”

 

Sakura flashed her smiles even though her eyes are wavering, feeling afraid of receiving Eunbi wrath yet again.

 

“It’s a nice day to spend with friends, hunting in the dungeon, right Sakura?”

 

Yena cannot hide her nervousness as her teeth is clattering when Eunbi glared at her.

 

Seeing those pair are being friendly, Eunbi nodded and walked off, feeling satisfied as they are being such good friends already. Meanwhile, their other friends are stifling their laugh watching Sakura and Yena barely fooling Eunbi with their lousy acting and excuse.

 

Both Yena and Sakura sighed in relief when Eunbi exited the guild with Chaeyeon and they stick their tongue at each other before walking out from the guild too.

 

Can a day even pass without you and Yena bantering around?

 

Hyewon:

 

Hyewon frowned while asking Sakura as they are heading towards the dungeon which is located in the forest worth a few minutes travelling from Eailc. Sakura rolled her eyes upon hearing Hyewon question. She pouted for a bit before replying,

 

Maybe?

 

Sakura:

 

Sakura short answer made Hyewon raised her eyebrows but she decided not to push it further. They walked off the gate and heading towards the dungeon named Uno.

 

On the other hand, Yena and Yuri is walking side by side today, following Eunbi and Chaeyeon. Yuri noticed that Yena is sulking after bantering with Sakura just now. She also feeling curious to find out reason why Yena and Sakura will always end up bickering with each other.

 

“Yena? You okay?”

 

Yuri carefully asked Yena, not wanting to be too obvious prying into the girl private matter. Yena threw a glance at Yuri and carved a smile. She can never be stress when Yuri is around as the girl is her vitamin.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. Why?”

 

Yuri know that Yena is far from being fine. She pouted and cling at Yena, making the girl blush from the sudden skinship.

 

“Y-Yuri, you are too close.”

 

She stuttered and try to wiggle out from Yuri but failed. Her eyes is darting around the area, trying to avoid meeting Yuri intense gaze.

 

“What do you mean? We already sleep together.”

 

Yuri smirked when she can see Yena is blushing. Her ears turned red and she managed to escape from Yuri albeit stammering for a bit.

 

“Don’t say something controversial like that! We are just sleeping partners!”

 

This time, it’s Yuri turns to be flushing red.Yena then face palmed when she realized her bad choice of word. Yuri scurrying to Chaeyeon and Eunbi turned at Yena, glaring her as she heard the duck statement.

 

“Choi Yena! I never thought you will lay a hand on an underage girl!”

 

Chaeyeon patted Yuri while trying to hold her laughter. She and Eunbi been eavesdropping for a while and the older girl decided to tease Yena as a mean to fill their time while going to Uno.

 

“N-no Eunbi! I can never do that even if I am drunk!”

 

Yena defended herself while her face showed that she is flustered by Eunbi words.

 

“Oh? Shall we test that out then?”

 

Yujin joining in while dragging on Wonyoung and Minjoo at her side. Chaewon is walking calmly along Nako and Hitomi. It seems their group is happy like usual as they tease each other.

 

“How I wish we can record Yena reaction now.”

 

Wonyoung giggled as she said that.

 

“Say no more.”

 

Chaeyeon throw a rhombus shaped stone to Wonyoung which skillfully catch it. The feather fairy said that it can record something up to 30 seconds.

 

“It’s an Akashic stone! Use it!”

 

Wonyoung chuckles while activating the stone and running in front of Yena. Flustered Yena tried to push away Wonyoung from recording her but Yujin is locking Yena arms.

 

“No pushing, ducky!”

 

Yujin grinning at Yena. Sol is hanging unexpectedly well on Yujin head while flashing an exactly smirk as its owner while staring at Yena.

 

Yujin & Sol:

 

“You dirty puppies!”

 

Yena:

 

Yena growled at both Yujin and Sol. The rest of the group just laugh and Wonyoung manage to capture those moment within the Akashic stone. She then stored it inside of her storage as they arrived at the entrance of Uno.

 

“Here we are, let’s go!”

 

Nako is feeling giddy to enter her first dungeon and the others followed her and stepped into the dungeon entrance. They were mesmerized by the dungeon layout. It seems like they are in a whole new world. They are now stepping onto a vast land, stretching as far as the eyes can see. While they are mesmerized by this new experience, Chaeyeon turned her head at the entrance and commented,

 

“Oh, the entrance are gone.”

 

Chaeyeon is the first to notice that matter. The rest of the group aside from Sakura, Hyewon and Yena are flustered by the new fact that bombed them.

 

“Eh? Then how in the world can we go back?”

 

Eunbi is getting worried again. She thought that the dungeon is like a cave where they need to venture until the final floor. This kind of unexpected situation making Eunbi a bit dizzy. Sakura catched their leader who seems like fainting while shaking her head.

 

“No need to worry, Eunbi. We usually can use any teleport item while we are in safe area which usually available at every floor.”

 

Eunbi felt relieved once she heard Sakura explanation. The rest of the group are amazed seeing how informative Sakura is while Hyewon said that it is quite common knowledge if one is an avid gamer.

 

“Well, let’s try to clear the first floor first before proceeding to our respective floor.”

 

Chaewon suggested to the team.

 

“We have basically five floor, right? Does it mean that the final floor have a dungeon boss?”

 

Hitomi curiously asked.

 

“Yeah, usually the set up is like that. However, even so this world is so game-like, we must never forget that we are all living in here and not just some game character, okay?”

 

Hyewon sudden change made everyone gulped. She seldom showed her serious side and when she does, her aura give off chilly vibes which made people gulp without any reason.

 

“Ah, let’s try testing our equipment already. Look, those monsters are approaching us.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter