Playtime & Bazaar

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“IN FRONT OF THE WORD ‘GOODBYE’, MY HEART FEELS UNEASY”

***

During dinner, everyone are returning back to be extra chirpy and loud even after witnessing Eunbi wrath this evening. Nako, Yujin and Wonyoung unexpectedly being the loudest among them all, as if their punishment giving no effect on them.

 

“Being young is scary. They are at the age to try everything.”

 

Yena is munching her food as she observed those three kids who is fighting to get the last piece of chicken. Chaeyeon stepped into their heated argument and fairly divides the last chicken into three small pieces. The kids are eating happily as they get what they want.

 

“Our wise mother, Chaeyeon.”

 

Yuri smiled at their so called mother who is blushing right now. Eunbi is currently taking a rest and skipping dinner as she is too exhausted for the day. Sakura perked up upon hearing Yuri words and she tilted her head.

 

“How come Chaeyeon is our mother? I am literally ichiban unnie (number 1 sister) because Eunbi is not here right now.”

 

Sakura is blinking at Yuri. She is currently wearing her rectangular, black spectacles as she is comfortable with it at home.

 

Sakura:

 

Eunbi already excused herself for the night as she want to be alone and get to her room. Yujin followed her lead and decided retiring early after she is beats for the day. Unlike those two, the other 10 girls are still energetic and demanding to play for the night.

 

As they possibly will become extra loud, Minjoo, Hyewon, Hitomi and Yuri casted a muffler spell to make sure Eunbi sleep are not interrupted by their noise or else they got to see and experience the wrath of Merciless Eunbi again.

 

“I am bored, Chaeyeon, do something.”

 

Wonyoung is whining at the girl who just chuckles and patting the youngest as she finds Wonyoung is too adorable. She then swished her hand, picking out something from the WizShop and a few games appeared in front of the girls, making them gawking at the pile of game.

 

“Here, here! Let’s play table tennis!”

 

Nako exclaimed as she noticed the blue table and a box of balls.

 

“Nah, pass. I am not going to move around.”

 

Sakura yawned as she dislike doing physical activities at the moment. She did consider to go and sleep but she is not that sleepy. Minjoo is accompanying Chaewon at the other side of the corner where the pink hair girl is teaching Wonyoung to be a better crafter. Yuri on the other hand joining Sakura slouching on the couch as she also want to take a breather.

 

“Come on, you all are no fun!”

 

Yena is quacking as almost half of her friends are not joining their first game. Knowing that her nagging would pose dangerous threat towards her if she accidentally pissed of Chaewon, she scratched her head and settled with the girls that are willing to play which is Chaeyeon, Nako, Hitomi and the unpredictable queen, Hyewon.

 

“Oh, you are joining? I thought you will be the first one to step aside.”

 

Chaeyeon said that jokingly at Hyewon. The latter just smiled back at Chaeyeon remarks.

 

“I need to burn all those food I just eat. Usually I will go to sleep but this seems fun.”

 

She replied.

 

“To make it more exciting, how about a punishment for anyone that lose?”

 

Hitomi suggested that and everyone is pondering seriously. They come to like this new side of Hitomi which started talking more rather than being an observer this whole time. The participant stare blankly at Hitomi, wondering what kind of punishment will be good to spice up things for a bit. They agreed to talk about it later and want to play first. Maybe a great idea will come while exercising.

 

“Then, let’s change the rule a bit. Instead of using a normal bat, how about a random things as replacement? Something like a slipper?”

 

Chaeyeon is flashing her mischievous grin. Everyone is slowly showcasing their dorky side as they grew comfortable around each other. Chaeyeon actually is one of the naughty kid group but she toned down a bit around Eunbi to not give the girl any extra headache.

 

“Ah, then let’s add a hand fan, plate and spatula to the list. If you are lucky, you will get to use the bat!”

 

Nako is grinning widely as she is quite confident in her skill. They settled down and quickly write those selection in a few piece of paper. The girls will have a 7 point match where the winner will move to the next round and loser will suffer with punishment.

 

Nako is first paired up with Hitomi. They nervously pick up a piece of paper from the ballot before groaning in agony.

 

“Whoa! Who the heck put this in selection?”

 

Hitomi grunted as she get a plate, the paper one to be exact and Nako get a stripe, soft slippers. Chaeyeon laugh out loud as she is the person in charge for the game and thought it will be funnier to use such object.

 

Nevertheless, they started the game where Nako aggressively hit Hitomi instead of the table. The poor Hitomi winced everytime Nako hit her and apparently her patience is fading off.

 

“COME AT ME YOU SHORTY! I’LL SHOW YOU THE REAL TABLE TENNIS!”

 

The berserk Hitomi resurface and everyone turned their head at her. Rather than the bloodshot eyes, it seems like Hitomi just flipped a switch turning her into a savage little demon instead of the soft, kind Hitomi. Her eyes seems normal but her personality changed 180°.

 

Nako can feel her last string of tolerance snapped as she heard the word ‘shorty’ coming out from Hitomi. A loud crack can be heard from her position and the ground are already shaking as Nako are boiling with anger upon hearing those sensitive words.

 

“AH? YOU PIECE OF FAT DARE TO CALL ME SHORTY? COME AT ONCE!”

 

Nako:

 

Nako followed Hitomi leads and turned to Black Nako. Her cuteness already gone and only thirst of blood remaining in the room. Minjoo, Hyewon and Yuri already made another layer of protection magic around them to make sure nobody will injured while the competition getting intense.

 

“SHORTY, HERE I COME!”

 

Hitomi:

 

Hitomi launch her attack at full speed, aiming at Nako right hand where the girl spinning to add velocity to the ball and returned the attack. The ball are exchanging side at such fast speed and Chaeyeon dropped her jaws. Yena facepalmed as she never thought the most gentle kids in their group would snap over a game. However, she did enjoy herself watching this match. Not until a fiery ball flew in her directly which hit the wall of the room and made a huge hole for the impact.

 

Everyone is freeze as the accident unfold in front of their eyes. Nako win for the first round as Hitomi hit the ball outside of table and destructing their playroom area in the process.

 

“Uhh, I am not planning to do that.”

 

The mild Hitomi is back as she is fidgeting on her place. Sakura and Chaewon just burst out their laugh seeing their friends slowly stepping up their games. Yuri and Minjoo are the only one that is concerned about the hole as they are afraid Eunbi will choke them using her special ‘Eun-bar’, another version of her infamous armbar which will guarantee your instant death. So far they only saw Eunbi wrestle a bear on their way Eailc and they didn’t want to face the same fate as the bear who resided within their body after turning into hamburger for dinner at that time.

 

“No worries, I got this.”

 

Wonyoung gave her reassuring smile while her hands working at an amazing speed, reconstructed the ruins created by Hitomi and turned it into a wall again. She even painted some bunnies on the wall to add on some personal touch. The rest of the girls are speechless for the countless time as their younger sisters keep surprising them in variety of ways.

 

“Now that we had Wonyoung, we can freely destroy anything and Eunbi won’t notice even a bit!”

 

Yena announced and get thunderous applause from everyone, liking her idea.

 

“Oi, I don’t think that's a good idea.”

 

Chaeyeon:

 

Chaeyeon tried her best to reason with the kids but they won’t listen to her. Eventually, she give up and joining in the game, didn’t give a damn anymore on any consequences they had to face on the next day.

 

Now, it is her turn against Yena and the little duckling get a water scooper as her bat while Chaeyeon get a slipper. Their battle isn’t as intense as previous round because Chaeyeon single handedly scored 3 point against Yena.

 

Feeling frustrated, Yena struggle to win a point from Chaeyeon to save her face as the elder within the group. They are exchanging blows, passing the tiny, orange ball around until Yena realized a blind spot which will secure her a point and hurriedly smashed to the area.

 

“Whoa!”

 

Chaeyeon just exclaimed at the velocity and aim of ball which is perfectly landing on the line of the table.

 

“Haha! You see that Yuri? Games are all about turning the table at critical point! Imma genius!”

 

Yena happily cheered herself as she puffing out her chest, bragging at Yuri. The younger girl just smiling at Yena while Sakura is busy playing with some game that Chaeyeon bought earlier.

 

Hearing Yena bragging around even just scoring a point against Chaeyeon, it spark some mischievous idea in two little devil head. Nako and Hitomi glances at each other and smile meaningfully because they want to mess around with Yena by claiming her point is an invalid score.

 

“That’s not a point as the ball are outside of the line!”

 

Nako are faking her serious face while trying her best not to laugh. Hitomi on the other hand perfectly in sync with Nako and shaking her head, telling Yena that it is not a good smash. The duck almost curse out loud and slumped onto the ground, sulking because she knows that they are messing around.

 

“Ah, minus one point because of your attitude!”

 

Nako added the oil to Yena fury and the most Yena can do is gritted her teeth. Chaeyeon is already rolling on the floor as she find out Yena reaction is too cute and funny. After bantering around for a bit, Yena managed catching up with Chaeyeon and they are currently at the match point.

 

“I have come this far and I won’t lose!”

 

Yena steeled her resolution while grabbing her water scoop tightly. Chaeyeon also is being serious as she really want to win this game after trying her best to defend her score while Yena dragging their match.

 

Yena throwed the ball in the air and swinging her water scoop while activating her skill to speed up the ball. Realizing Yena is cheating, Chaeyeon also using Maki sharp sense to guide her and eventually manage to return the ball with tenfold speed and strength.

 

The ball is cutting through the air and becoming a blue fireball instead while coming towards Yena. The ducky didn’t flinch and gathering all her might to return the ball which she eventually did with a price. Yena flew in the air and hit the wall which Wonyoung just repaired and destroyed it again while the ball strayed from its target and hitting the other end of their playroom, creating a loud bang which made Sakura sighed in disbelief.

 

Minjoo and Hitomi rushed to aid Yena as the girl spread under the rubbles without moving even an inch. Yuri is too dumbfounded watching such ruckus created from her friend just by playing a simple table tennis. Chaewon just snickered at her friends showing unexpected foolishness while Hyewon is munching a biscuit while having a green tea which she offered at both Nako and Hitomi.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter