Deepest Wish

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"THE STARS IN THE NIGHT BECOME THE LIGHT"

***

"H-hey Chaewon, hold on my hand tightly, okay?"

 

Sakura:

 

Sakura is shivering as she tried to take a step further inside the cave. As they both stepped inside Tordu Mountain after Chaewon pick her desired entrance, the way behind them is sealed, leaving them both in pitch dark. Even though they do have the Night Vision skills which enabled them to see as clear during the day, both of them couldn't help but feeling nervous by the creepy surroundings.

 

"W-what's that?"

 

Chaewon:

 

Chaewon clinging onto Sakura as they both slowly venturing inside the mountain. As time passes, Sakura and Chaewon eventually adapting with the cave and manage to fend off several monsters that are trying to ambush them. As the cherry blossoms wiped her sweat that are dripping on her milky white, smooth face, Chaewon wandering alone around the rest area.

 

Both of them didn't talk much for the past few hours they spent together as the pair of awkward girls didn't know what to talk with each other. They didn't have the chance to get closer all this time as Sakura is too shy to approach the angel-like girl who is a bit reserves when she is surrounded by people. Sakura took a deep breath and initiating a small talk as they both advancing to the next level of Tordu Mountain.

 

"What kind of things that you expect when we finished this special training?"

 

Sakura asked curiously. They both are still holding their hands as they walk towards the new area. Chaewon just shrugged at Sakura question as she took another step on the bumpy road ahead of them. She stops momentarily when Sakura is struggling to keep her balance on the uneven topography. Chaewon gently hoisted Sakura up, helping the girl to walk comfortably while trying her best to match Sakura speed while keeping an eye on their surroundings.

 

"I just want to get stronger. To have ample strength to protect everyone. The me right now is not enough to be our group shield as I am too weak. I need power because I want to make sure that everyone that is dear to me always safe from any harm."

 

Chaewon explained. Sakura is stunned to hear the girl rant as Chaewon often prefer to bottle up her feelings. As Sakura is just being silent, Chaewon take it as a sign that she can continue her little rambling.

 

"I mayhaps rarely express my affection towards everyone but believe it or not, you crackheads are precious to me. You all accepted me, the girl who had lots of flaws and bad sides, loving me unconditionally."

 

Chaewon stopped in the middle of the road as she pours out her heart content. Sakura being a good listener patting the girl back as she detected that Chaewon eyes is currently b with tears.

 

"Your love is so genuine. Everyone is like a real family already to me. I never feel this kind of pure love before and sometimes it making me suffocate with the abundant love everyone giving me. It's so beautiful that sometimes I do feel blessed to be transported here and getting a chance meeting with all of you."

 

Chaewon wiped her tears away as she as Sakura leaned at the bark of a tree. The girl with a pair of big, attractive ears cooly handing Chaewon her handkerchief while saying,

 

"I'm sure that everyone is thinking the same, Chaewon. We all are blessed to be destined to meet each other and traveling together. We are Izone, we are a family already, remember?"

 

Sakura may seem like she is a dependable sister who always have a cool head whenever her younger sisters confessing their frustration at her. However, Sakura is currently trying her best to hide her gushing of feelings not to squish Chaewon in her embrace and booped that little nose of Chaewon. 

 

Adorable is an understatement to describe Chaewon at this moment. Sakura feels the need to protect this girl with all she has. Chaewon maybe acted like a tsundere all this time but beneath the cold facade she put, there lies an angel with such warm heart.

 

"Whoops, not good. We must never lowered our guards."

 

Chaewon suddenly snapped out from her emotional mood as she slashed a jumping monkey that is trying to kill both her and Sakura. The older girl vanished from Chaewon side and not long after that, a few shriek can be heard throughout the forest as it is suddenly rained blood. 

 

Sakura stood beside Chaewon while wiping her bloody long sword with a piece of cloth. The younger girl just smile at Sakura, amazed at the older girl astounding ability to finish off their enemies precisely within a blink. Sakura is truly a capable warrior and she is eligible to be Eunbi wings together with Chaeyeon. 

 

The trio always been dubbed as their first line of offense while Chaewon and Wonyoung will commence an attack according to their instructions. If she needs to put their performance in a simple way, Chaewon can say that she and her friends are all capable to be the 'Ace Line'. Their strength might be different but whenever they are moving as a unit, nothing can possibly stop them if the enemies is on par with them. 

 

Facing a super strong enemies like Poseidon needed them to power up too. In order to defeat the deity, they need to evolve their power and find any support they can. Having Dryad at their side will be reassuring but the forest protector didn't seem to likely lending her strength for them at the moment. Chaewon just knitting her eyebrows as she proceeded through the forest with Sakura at her side.

 

"What the heck is this?"

 

Chaewon cursed as she and Sakura exited the forest and faced their next challenge, a swamp. The air smells horrid, making Chaewon scrunched her nose while looking at Sakura who is also dumbfounded as her.

 

"How in the world a swamp is here? Ugh, this is so exhausting."

 

Sakura grunted as she equipping her new set of light weight armor. Rather than calling it as armor, it's leather tunic which is often used to venture through wetlands. They both have several difficulties to move in the area as their legs is restricted and their enemies is getting stronger. Sakura and Chaewon breath turned haggard as they stopped for a while to recharge themselves with some rations.

 

"Whoa, this journey is no joke. No wonder Dryad said we will be able to be stronger if we passed this training."

 

Sakura whined while munching her food. Chaewon just let out a reluctant smile as she herself is agreed with Sakura statement. While venturing their way to reach the peak of Tordu Mountain, they sure need to be alert with their surroundings as the enemies is apparently stronger than any monsters that they met so far. 

 

Countless of humanoid reptile monsters ambushed them while they are navigating their ways to escape the swamp which also draining the girls energy. Their mind is starting to get exhausted, keeping a positive attitude is becoming harder as the situation turned to be harsher. The training set by Dryad is proved to be the most challenging so far as they needed to keep each other back without being separated.

 

Before, they will have numerous people on their side which makes dividing the roles of attacking and defending easier but with only two people, they have to be more careful with their movement and attacks as the number of enemies is overwhelming them. With much importunities, they manage to reach the end of the swamp.

 

Heavy mist shrouded them when they are about to step out from the land. Their visibility is limited, which makes it hard for the girls to navigate their way to get out from the area. Chaewon coughed non stop as they spent their time within the mist. Sakura covered with a mask she bought from back then where they were residing in Eailc and helped Chaewon wearing one too.

 

They tried their best to repel the sudden attack by those monsters as they waddling to reach the hard land.

 

"Chaewon, don't just stood there!"

 

Sakura yelled desperately at Chaewon who just froze in the middle of the battle. Sakura tackles the girl, pushing them both inside a cave where they safely landed on the hard ground with a grunt. The head of the slimy lizard that was trying to kill Chaewon rolled at their feet before Sakura kicked it away towards the swamp.

 

The area is too dark, making it hard for Sakura to check on Chaewon. She cast a fire spell to lit the vicinity and spotted Chaewon who is lying on the floor while shivering. Feeling worried, Sakura approach the girl and realized that the pink haired girl face is as white as a sheet.

 

"Chaewon? What's wrong?"

 

Sakura is perplexed to see Chaewon acting so vulnerable. She didn't know how to console the younger girl as she is m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter