Calamity

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"SINCE I'M WITH YOU, I AM ABLE TO DREAM A BRIGHTLY SHINING DREAM AGAIN TOMORROW"

***

"Chaewon, calm down!"

 

Sakura ragged breath turned even more erratic as the girl beside her is hyperventilating. After muttering her late friend's name, Siha, Chaewon is drowning in her own thoughts, didn't give Sakura a damn when the older girl is trying her best to calm Chaewon down. Tons of thoughts are flooding into Chaewon mind and she didn't in a condition where she will be able to become herself anytime sooner.

 

Sakura gritted her teeth as she grabbed Chaewon shoulder but retract her hands as she can feel Chaewon body is boiling hot. Sakura eyes are playing with her brain as she swears that Chaewon strawberry hair turned as black as charcoal while the girl is crouching on the floor, writhing in agony. The name of her friend which becoming Chaewon bane is uttered by the girl continuously, making Sakura questioned herself if that deceased friend of Chaewon is actually there with them at the moment.

 

Malodorous air turned even worse as their surrounding is shrouded by the mist that they encountered from earlier. Even equipped with a mask, it wasn't enough to block that horrible scent from terrorizing their sense of smell. As she inhaled the pungy air, Sakura can feel that her stomach is tumbling, making her want to throw up her ration but she managed to control herself, at least at the moment.

 

Sakura can feel her surrounding turned upside down as she is feeling nauseated. Her head is spinning as the putrid smell intensifies, making her head going dizzy.

 

"No, don't lose yourself, Sakura!"

 

She is trying her best to keep her sanity and moved towards Chaewon, clenching the girl shoulder, hoping that she will snap out from her long daze. Sakura shake the girl body who is still unaware of their current situation but to no avail.

 

"No , this is not good."

 

Sakura cursed as she can see will-o'-the-wisps suddenly appeared in front of them with the footsteps becoming clearer, indicating that their enemy is around the corner already. Given by her current condition, Sakura is fully aware that she couldn't protect Chaewon if anything happens and for that reason, she is trying her best to make the younger girl escape while Sakura being the bait. However, it is easier to plan than to execute it as Chaewon didn't seem to come back from her confusion sooner or later.

 

"Run, Chaewon!"

 

Sakura yelled at the girl one last time as she slapped Chaewon with all her might before she stood in front of the girl, facing their unknown enemy. The fire from the will-o'-the-wisps started attacking Sakura, burning the girl smooth, silky skin which making Sakura winced in pain. She endures the pain as she is protecting Chaewon who has her own battle within her mind.

 

Why the heck am I so weak? At least let Chaewon be safe!

 

Sakura huffed as she can feel her charred skin is throbbing in pain. She can see her own flesh with the smell of sizzle meat permeate in the air. She can no longer give a damn about her injuries as she is trying her best to let Chaewon escape the grave danger in front of them. Sakura tried to extinguish the fire but her MP already depleted due to their strenuous battle few hours from before. Even Ava couldn't come out and save Sakura because the Pegasus also already fight it's battle to the point Sakura need to force her partner to go back into her shadow as it already sustain hefty amount of injuries.

 

Damn, will this be my end?

 

Sakura knows that she is already drove into the corner. She can only watch the floating fire is coming towards her while clenching her long sword.

 

At least let me see my friends one more time. Let me be in Eunbi embrace for the last time. Wait, what am I thinking at such a crucial moment like this? Sorry, everyone. I've failed you.

 

Sakura closed her eyes, bracing herself for the upcoming impact from the rushed of those fireballs.

 

Need power?

 

She is shocked to hear that voice again after all this time. Sakura opened her eyes and she finds that she is in an enclosed, dark space. When she is looking around carefully, she can tell that this place is actually a classroom which really resemble the one she was sent to long ago, fighting for her survival by killing others. She growled at the familiar voice after she heard it chuckled resounding around her again.

 

"Damn, I thought you went dormant for good."

 

Sakura grunted when the annoying Kami-sama voice greeted her after who knows how long. She noticed that Kami-sama went on silent mode for quite some time after they talked for a few minutes while Sakura is in White Realm. All along her journey in Wizland, never once that Kami-sama made his appearance and all of a sudden, he is back when Sakura is in a pinch.

 

I can help you. Just give in and I will finish it faster than you can imagine.

 

Kami-sama sneered at Sakura who is thinking about the suggestion. She is fully aware of the aftereffect letting Kami-sama handling the situation but the more she is pondering about the matter, she is becoming even confused.

 

"Argh! Cursed it! Fine, make it fast."

 

Sorry Eunbi, I don't have much choice. Let me be selfish just this one time.

 

Kami-sama smiled as he touched Sakura head and the area turned windy as he made his appearance in Sakura body. He glanced at Chaewon who is still struggling by herself.

 

Oi, don't waste any time. Finish that enemy already.

 

Sakura voice ringing in Kami-sama ear. He snorted at Sakura command.

 

"Yeah, yeah. This gonna settled in just a blink."

 

He then snapped his fingers at the upcoming fireballs while smirking. To Sakura's surprise, the will-o'-the-wisps that she struggles to fend off since earlier simply disappeared when Kami-sama flicked his fingers.

 

How the heck do you do that?

 

Sakura is literally rolling on the floor in frustration. She is pissed off at the fact that she needs to rely on Kami-sama just to save her from getting turned into BBQ.

 

"Focus, Sakura. See, that thing is your true enemy."

 

After those will-o'-the-wisp gone, Sakura is surprised to see a hideous looking creatures who have the appearance of a big ape with dripping mucus around it which permeate foul smell. It is acting wary in front of Kami-sama who is able to distinguish it's fire with just a snap of his fingers.

 

What's that?

 

Sakura is confused to see the creature. She scrunched her nose as the horrible smell is delivered to her even though  Kami-sama is the one controlling her body at that time.

 

"I must say your luck, no your team luck is really on another whole level."

 

Kami-sama sighed at Sakura. He is acting like a father who is scolding his mischievous child. Sakura rolled her eyes upon listening to Kami-sama statement.

 

Save your lecture to another time, old man. Tell me what kind of creature we are facing already.

 

Sakura snarled at Kami-sama as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

 

"That's an urban legend monsters, Stinky Ape who always associated with swarms. Really now? It's such a rare occurrence that it show itself, you know. Even the elves never meet it or rather it avoid being seen by other creature but then you both manage to find it?"

 

Kami-sama explaining while nagging Sakura who just put her fingers inside her ears. She couldn't care less about the ape as Kami-sama already agreed to help her out.

 

Okay~ Now do your job properly and eliminate it fast! It to be in here. I miss my fresh air intake after so long.

 

Kami-sama shakes his head at Sakura laid back manner towards him. He scratched his neck as he observing the stinky ape. His eyes wandering towards Chaewon who seems to be under the ape hallucinations affect where people will have their deepest fear appears in front of them as the part of the scent effect. 

 

The man ruffles Sakura hair, as he is borrowing the girl body at the moment. He can only use a miniscule amount of his power to defeat the enemy so that Sakura body won't be too burdened bearing his immense strength. He even doubted that human frail body will be able to withstand his mighty force.

 

As he is about to finish the enemy, suddenly a bad premonition hit Kami-sama, making his attempt to eliminate the ape abrupted as he can feel something o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter