Back to Where It Began

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"SO CURIOUS ALL DAY"

***

"Welcome to the underwater city."

 

Minjoo's face is being covered with a cloak as she steps into the city. Lucifer insisted that she needs to be under disguise as most Merpeople dislike humans. According to the demon, some ruckus happened not long ago where a group of humans destroyed Merpeople sacred dungeon which also served as their hunting ground, called Pothena.

 

Minjoo turned stiff while walking through some secret tunnel, trying her best to keep her composure. They are currently being escorted by several Merpeople guards, heading towards Lucifer place. While silently walking, Minjoo can make a wild guess on the people who destroyed Pothena. In fact, Lucifer already met them not long ago.

 

The demon sent the guards away as soon as they reached Lucifer's place. He slumped down onto a velvety, red sofa while sighing deeply. Minjoo noticed that Lucifer is frowning as he mumbles something indescribable. His voice is too low for Minjoo to catch-up any details. 

 

The girl just blinked dumbfoundedly, silently standing beside the front door, didn't know what to do next. She is wondering about her friends, hoping that they will be fine under Hitomi care.

 

"Little girl, you can sit anywhere you want."

 

Lucifer snapped out from his little pondering when he saw Minjoo fidgeting with the corner of his eyes. Minjoo is totally startled listening to Lucifer's soft tone as he converse with her. She only heard Lucifer growled and howled menacingly so far. Of course, she didn't expect to see this caring side of the horned creature. With careful steps, Minjoo sauntered towards the sofa opposite of Lucifer.

 

"You seem troubled."

 

Minjoo stares at Lucifer with concern filled in her eyes. She knows that she is just a hostage taken by Lucifer but it's not in her nature to abandon any living beings in need. It's such a refreshing view for Minjoo as she manages to catch a glimpse of Lucifer's dumbfounded look, mouth opened wide, staring at Minjoo as if the girl just said something ridiculous.

 

"You sure are a unique person. As expected from Perdue."

 

Lucifer roared into laughter as he is amused by Minjoo's concern. No creature is calm enough when he kidnapped them all this time. His laugh turns bitter when the demon suddenly remembers something. He just leaned against the sofa, both of his arms spreading on the armrest while throwing a faint smile at Minjoo.

 

"Perdue? What's that?"

 

Minjoo couldn't contain her curiosity as Lucifer mentioned the phrase as if it's a common verb for him. On the other hand, Lucifer snorted as he realized that he blurted out something that shouldn't be mentioned in front of Minjoo. However, he couldn't care less. The girl is a perceptive one. Sooner or later, she will eventually learn about their arrival in Wizland. Lucifer crossed his hands under his chin while observing Minjoo who looked determined to know about Perdue.

 

"Well, it's gonna be a long story."

 

Lucifer lowered his arms while glancing at Minjoo.

 

"I have nothing to lose after coming this far."

 

Minjoo replied nonchalantly.

 

"Very well."

***

"Why did you let her go, Eunbi?"

 

Chaewon grabbed Eunbi's coat while gritting her teeth. The black inscription crept onto her face as she failed in controlling her emotion. Soon after regaining her little strength, Chaewon goes frenzy as flashes of Minjoo's image being taken hostage by Lucifer flashes within her mind. She couldn't think straight and put all the blame onto Eunbi for failing to protect Minjoo from Lucifer's hands.

 

"Chaewon, calm down! Eunbi risked her life to exterminate Lucifer and Minjoo is the one voluntarily offered herself to be taken as hostage!"

 

Nako yanked Chaewon back, pinning the taller girl towards the wall. She is pissed to watch Chaewon deviant act when in fact, the girl herself is beaten to a pulp by Lucifer. Both of them glaring fiercely at each other while clenching their teeth.

 

"Stop! Don't fight anymore!"

 

Chaeyeon stepped in between the girls before pulling Nako and Chaewon apart. Both Yujin and Wonyoung locked the girls in their arms, restraints Nako and Chaewon from clashing again. 

 

Sakura and Hyewon just isolated themselves from the group in another room as their body is still recovering from Lucifer attack. Both of them are ignoring ruckus in the other room as things will settle down eventually. They have something more important to discuss at the moment.

 

"Hamster, you did listen to their conversation, right?"

 

Sakura questioned Hyewon who is staring blankly into the space.

 

"Eung, I never realized that Minjoo felt inferior all this time. I thought that she realized how important she is for us. Her healing abilities combined with Hitomi are such a gift for us."

 

Hyewon muttered as she bits her lips. They are currently debating whether to tell the rest of Izone about Minjoo's conflict. Sakura and Hyewon feel perplexed on how to explain to the girls about Minjoo as everyone is having an emotional shock. Sure, they are already used to face countless adversities before but for now, all of them are getting tired of the endless hardship befallen upon them.

 

"Hey you two, don't be too sad or it'll affect your recovery speed."

 

Hitomi uttered as she walked together with her familiar Noir the Elementals Spirit which already turned into their chibi forms. The girl looks haggard but is still doing her best in treating her friends. Beside her, a certain unicorn followed with a sullen face after the disappearance of Minjoo. Of course, it also lends a hand in healing the girl which helps Hitomi in various ways.

 

"Hey, unicorn. How did you know about Lucifer? Have you met him somewhere before?"

 

Sakura noticed a piece of earlier incident where the unicorn screams at the intruder when both Chaewon and Minjoo froze. Hyewon lifted her head while staring at the unicorn, begging with the stare of her eyes. She is desperate to have even a bit of information

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter