Struggles of Lee Chaeyeon

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“BEAUTY IS SUBJECTIVE BUT HATE IS OBJECTIVE. BEING KIND AND HUMBLE IS A WHOLE ESSAY”

 

***

 

“Go away, ugly! Do you think you can strut just because you can dance a little bit? Know your place!”

 

No! I am not strutting!

 

“Move, you talentless creature. You think you are so good just because you can flash some move? In your dream!”

 

I never think I am good in anything!

 

“How in the world you still breathing? If I am you, I will locked myself up rather than showing people that pity face!”

 

I am not pitiable! I am my own fighter!

 

“You are worthless!”

 

I am precious!

 

Chaeyeon is holding back her tears as she walked past the corridor. Every slur that she received is not a new situation for her. In fact, she had received this kind of treatment for quite some time, after that fateful little event at her school not too long ago.

 

***

 

“Chaeyeon, will you participate in the upcoming dance battle?”

 

A girl with wavy red hair casually strikes conversation with Chaeyeon. She is trying to tidying her hair while waiting for Chaeyeon’s reply.

 

“Sure! We already promise to join it with the others, right?”

 

Chaeyeon replied gleefully while packing her belongings into the bag and zipped it. She stood up from her chair and joined her friends walking back home.

 

You will not be happy for too long!

 

Suddenly, Chaeyeon feel something chilly creeping up her skins. She glances back searching for the source of her uneasiness earlier. Her eyes darting all over the place but she find nothing.

 

 

Maybe I just feeling things?

 

Chaeyeon shrugged her guts feeling and just continue her journey to go home. She discussed multiple possible dance routine with her friends to be applied for the upcoming dance battle. Her excitement diminished her worries from earlier.

 

Nothing is going to be wrong. We will dance our best and enjoy the moment.

 

Chaeyeon mumbled and doing some image simulation in her head. She cannot contain her happiness anymore as she can spend her time doing things she love.

 

***

 

As they practiced everyday, things started getting busier than ever. Chaeyeon feels a lot of pressure building up in her. However, she managed forgetting all of that while she is dancing.

 

I love dancing. It is the time I am feeling most precious and joyful.

 

Chaeyeon is literally shining and popping every move she make while dancing. Even a difficult dance looks easy if Chaeyeon is the one dancing it.

 

“Lee Chaeyeon, you are indeed a good dancer! The best I have ever seen ever.”

 

One of the teacher truly impressed by Chaeyeon after watching some of her dance moves during practice time. Even her friends acknowledge Chaeyeon skill that can attract a lot of people.

 

However, even if Chaeyeon acting humble, there are some bad rumours spreading around about her.

 

“Hey, I heard Chaeyeon intentionally teaching her friends half-heartedly.”

 

“Yeah, I know. She just want to be the ONLY ONE shining under the spotlight.”

 

“With that ugly face? She will never be an idol, hahaha!”

 

“Hey, she might heard that!”

 

“So what? Not gonna change the fact that she is UGLY!”

 

“...”

 

Chaeyeon stood silence at the corner after accidentally hearing some people’s talk. She is alone as she just finished practicing for the upcoming dance battle which is next week.


 

I never know that I was hated this much. Although I know I am not suited to do something cute or pretty.

 

Chaeyeon turned gloomy as she kept thinking about earlier conversation that she heard. She walked with her friends without ever trying to engage into their conversation.

 

“Hey, Chaeyeon. Are you feeling unwell? You are really quiet today.”

 

Her friend questioned her with worries painted onto her face. Chaeyeon is known as a girl who is really positive, always happy and have a contagious laugh.

 

Thus, when she just muted herself, her friends are suspicious of her behaviour.

 

“...Nothing much. Maybe I am just tired? I am fine, though.”

 

Chaeyeon replied as some smile carved onto her face, even though it is a little bit off for some reason.

 

“You need to have a nice rest too. Don’t push yourself too hard now. We need our ace to be in her best condition to win that dance battle.”

 

Her friend tried to cheer her up. Even Though they do not know what kind of hardship Chaeyeon is going through right now, they can at least share some happiness with her. That's what friend are, being there to support one another.

 

“Thanks. We will continue with our practice as usual this evening, right?”

 



 

Trying her best not to let her friends down, Chaeyeon decided to forget about incident earlier and focusing on her own happiness.

 

You will definitely fail! I will make your life miserable!

 

Chaeyeon felt  goosebumps enveloping her body. She quickly scanned her surrounding to find anything that could be the reason behind her uneasiness lately.

 

Nothing.

 

Chaeyeon cannot help but thinking about this mysteriously dangerous aura that she kept feeling lately.

 

I really have a bad feeling about something but what?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter