Will you be mine..?

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I can’t believe that I am dancing with you at a graduation party of yours, Jasmine. This feels like a dream. I am really happy right now.” Kyungsoo says as they are dancing slowly following the romantic music playing at the background. Jasmine just found out that this is one of the events for tonight’s party. She was surprised when everyone was called inside as the bright hall turned to slightly darker with dimmed lights on. Seeing how everyone was dancing with their date, Kyungsoo asked if she wanted to dance too. And she agreed because it looked fun. And it is really fun especially when Kyungsoo is her partner. She comfortably wraps her hands around his neck with his arms around her waist. She would hug him for a few minutes resting her head on his shoulder and just looking at him for another minute. It all depends on her mood and he does the same thing. They really just go with the flow. All sunbae-hoobae thingy is nowhere to be seen. They are just the normal 26 year old guy and the normal 21 year old girl on a date. She can’t believe that she is experiencing what she missed back when she was in America. She didn’t get to attend her prom because she had other priorities to do. She always feels curious of how it feels like to attend one. Today, it is answered. It is a wonderful experience. “Is this your first time coming to this kind of party?” She asks as they dance following the rhythm of the music chosen by the organizer. “I have attended many parties with the members for the music awards and some I attended myself for the movie or drama awards but I never danced like this in a party. Wait, I never experienced dancing slowly with a partner before. Maybe that is why this party feels special because it is with you.” He answers sincerely. She smiles. “It is nice to have experienced this with you, oppa.” She says looking at him who keeps on staring at her lovingly. He then pulls her closer wrapping his hands around her body holding her in his arms. ‘I wish I didn’t have to let you go. I can spend my whole life dancing with you.’ He whispers in his heart closing his eyes. They continue dancing following the mood of the song. Suddenly he can feel a hard and annoying tap on his shoulder, he lets her go carefully. He slightly turns to see who comes to disturb them. Standing there is Eric. Jasmine is confused. So is Kyungsoo. “May I dance with Jasmine?” Eric asks the permission from Kyungsoo. Actually since the beginning, he realizes how people are exchanging their dance partner and it looks pretty usual for them. Maybe it is a part of tradition. He is not sure about it. He bets Eric is doing the same thing. “No! She doesn’t dance with anyone but me. Plus I believe she needs to take a break. We have been dancing for over an hour now.” Kyungsoo says firmly looking straight at Eric. He doesn’t look pleased with the reply.

 

Jasmine doesn’t get to say a thing but she is glad that Kyungsoo doesn’t say yes. He seems to know about Eric, maybe Joel told him something which is very predictable. She can see the tense in Eric’s eyes. “Trust me, you will regret your decision now Mr Kyungsoo. Tonight maybe she is yours but you shouldn’t be so confident. One day when she has found someone for her, you will be left dumbfounded. Let me remind you again Mr Kyungsoo, the reality is she is not yours. She will never be yours. So stop dreaming. I don’t want you to get deeply hurt.” Eric says arrogantly trying to look cool and confident in front of his one and only rival to win Jasmine’s heart. Kyungsoo smiles as he can see him through. He knows how hard he tried to actually send some impact to him verbally. Poor Eric. Kyungsoo doesn’t entertain this rubbish. “Thanks bro for being genuinely worried about me. You asked for my permission earlier in a very gentleman way and I didn’t expect you to accept my answer in a girly and childish manner which doesn’t normally come from a tall and good looking guy like you. I am sincerely surprised. You might think you can crush me verbally but Eric, it doesn’t affect me even in a tiny bit. I am fine. I am not worried about me. So don’t be. Just worry about you because I am all good, bro. Enjoy the party. Happy graduation to you man.” Kyungsoo says as he taps Eric shoulder a few times. Taking a look at the glimpse of losing and disappointmentin his eyes, Kyungsoo thinks it is time to stop saying more. “You will regret this. Both of you!” Eric raises his voice and it attracts others’ attention especially those who are not far from them. “Eric, please stop, will you? Just accept my rejection with an open heart and move on. You can never win anyone’s heart forcefully. You are graduating soon. Don’t make any stupid and silly action that will put you in a deep dark hole of regret in the future. Don’t put your pride into waste just because you want to prove to everyone that you can own just anyone with those skills. You know why? You can’t! I don’t want to say this but I have a lot of witnesses attending this party tonight who were there when you did ‘that’ crime. I kept my mouth shut but I might as well report it to the lecturers tonight. The witnesses will stand by me as some of them have been suggesting me to lodge a report on you. I refused because I don’t want to ruin your future. So Eric, don’t make me change my mind by threatening to ruin my date. That is not a smart move.” Jasmine says looking at him with fire in her eyes burning. Eric seems to be a little shaky. And at the same time, someone is calling his name from behind. It sounds very tensed. “Eric! Would you like to come here for a second?” Mr Rafael who realizes a clear discomfort in Jasmine’s face notices the problem caused by Eric. It is not that he is not aware of the crime Eric did that night, some of his students came to show him a video secretly recorded at the restaurant. They asked for him to do something about it. He then asked about Jasmine’s side of story when she came to see him earlier this week. The same story is told but she humbly asked for another chance to be given to Eric for the sake of his future. Of course he didn’t agree but Jasmine personally requested that she would personally ask for a report to be made on him if Eric didn’t show any sign of regret. So Mr Rafael agreed. And Eric has no idea that his crime is actually known by the scariest lecturer in the university. So he only plays cool and innocent.

 

“Are you okay Jasmine? Don’t worry! As long as I am here, he will never get to do anything to you. I promise!” Kyungsoo says holding Jasmine’s hands tight as they take a seat at one of the benches provided in the hall. “I know. Thank you oppa. You’re the best. I just hope that he won’t put himself in trouble. But no matter how much people try to stop or to make him realize that he is ruining his own future, it all comes back to him. He is a big boy. He is an adult. I guess I have done everything that I could. I got nothing else to say. I am sorry oppa. I talk a lot about someone that has no relation with us. I am unknowingly ruining our date. I am really sorry. Let’s talk about something else. Have you dated before?” Jasmine’s way of changing the topic caught Kyungsoo off guard that he looks at her in disbelief. “I only dated in movies or dramas. I never dated in real life. This is literally my first date, with you.” He says being honest. She is surprised to hear that. “Really? For the past 26 years of your life, you never dated anyone? Seriously?” She asks for a confirmation. He nods. “I just want to love someone that I can call mine. I want to solely love one girl my entire life. I don’t care being called forever solo human being because I know that it will be more meaningful to spend the rest of my life loving someone that is mine.” He says looking at Jasmine who looks amazed by his explanation. She nods. “Wow! Wherever the lucky girl is right now, I believe she will be the happiest when the time comes.” She says smiling beautifully at him without saying more after that. ‘I hope you will be happy when I confess my love for you, Jasmine.’ He says deep inside him looking at the pretty girl who attracts so many attentions since she came earlier. He feels special because Jasmine is here with him as her date. “Shall we get something to eat?” Kyungsoo suggests as the sudden silence between them makes him feel a bit uncomfortable. Jasmine nods. “Yeah, I need to recharge. I used most of my energy dancing earlier.” She says standing up waiting for him to do the same. They walk together towards the buffet offering so many delicacies for them to dig in. When they both are enjoying their food, Jasmine is called from behind. She then turns around only to see Mr Rafael is there with a glass of juice in his hold. “Yes sir? Is there anything that I can help you with?” She asks trying to stand up. Kyungsoo is confused as he has no idea who this person is. “Jasmine, you just sit down. I just want to talk to you for a while. Is it okay for me to join you two for just a bit?” He asks looking at both Kyungsoo and Jasmine. They both nod simultaneously. “Oh, this is Kyungsoo. He came from Korea with my grandparents to bring me home. Oppa, this is Mr Rafael, he is one of my lecturers here.” Jasmine introduces them both to each other. Mr Rafael offers Kyunsgoo a handshake. He immediately receives it politely. “It is nice meeting you young man.” He says. Kyungsoo smiles at him. “It is nice to meet you too, sir.” He replies. Suddenly Jasmine’s phone is ringing. “Let me get this real quick.” She says as she looks at the caller. It is from her staff in Korea. She excuses herself for a while leaving Kyungsoo with Mr Rafael.

 

“I am actually glad that Jasmine has a company tonight. I don’t know what else Eric can do just to satisfy his lust. Knowing that she will be leaving soon, I am relieved but sad at the same time.” Mr Rafael initiates a conversation. Kyungsoo is waiting for him to continue his words. “I am sad because Jasmine is leaving, she has a very big potential to grow more in her study. Having a student as brilliant and genius as her is very rare so I am actually happy to have met one even in this situation. But I am also glad that she is leaving the country soon because I don’t want anything unfortunate to happen to her. I am very sure he did something bad earlier. I saw it.” He adds more taking a wild guess that Kyungsoo is actually aware of the situation. Seeing the ‘not surprised’ emotion on his face, he knows that his guess is totally right. “His words were not too nice to listen to. I am actually quite nervous and worried. He looks unusually dangerous in my eyes and very unpredictable.” He lets him know. Mr Rafael nods in agreement. “He is my student but it seems like he has two different personalities in him that makes it very hard to understand what is in his mind but just one small advice for you, don’t leave Jasmine alone. Please make sure she is accompanied wherever she goes unless she is around the campus. Eric has no guts to do something in that area.” He shares with Kyungsoo. “Thanks sir. I will make sure to do as you said. I really appreciate it.” He replies as he looks at Jasmine’s lecturer who seems to be very serious in character but has a very warm heart. “Okay young man, enjoy the party. Enjoy Germany while you are around.” Mr Rafael says as he excuses himself. Five minutes being alone, Kyungsoo takes that time to think of a few stuffs he has planned to do very soon. He is nervous but he knows that the time is approaching. “Oppa? Where is Mr Rafael?” Jasmine asks as she takes a seat next to Kyungsoo after ending the call from Korea. “Oh, he left. I guess he has something to do. Who was that?” He asks her. “Oh, it was a call from the clinic. They couldn’t wait to deliver the good news for me. Our latest project is finally approved. And I am super excited to be back and to physically join the new adventure.” She lets him know and she looks so happy. He smiles looking at her. He knows about the project. Jasmine shared it with him when they hung out at home with her grandparents few days ago. The project is all about helping the elders this time and it is really special for her because this is the first time she is getting officially involved in it. Normally she prefers being behind the curtains and does the work without being known. But she knows that she has something that she needs to do and she has to do it this way to spread the awareness of mental health among the senior netizens. “Congratulation Jasmine! I am so proud of you. Can I join the project too? Maybe I can offer some help physically.” He lets her know. “Of course! You are very welcomed to help. This is all about the harabeojis and halmeonis out there who need our help. The more, the merrier!” She says to him repeating her main intention in fighting for this project while she is away. “You have such beautiful heart. And I love that about you. You care and that is just very pretty to see.” He says touching her right cheek with the palm of his hand. She just smiles hiding her real emotion inside.

 

“Kyungsoo!! Kyungsoo!!” Joel is calling Kyungsoo from behind and he sounds so worried and anxious. Kyungsoo turns around to meet his eyes. Joel is panting trying to catch his breath. And as Kyungsoo expected, he looks seriously all over the place. “What’s wrong bro?” He asks holding his shoulders. “Where is Jasmine? Why are you alone here? We need to get her now.” Joel tries to finish his words clearly so Kyungsoo can understand what he is trying to say. “She is in the bathroom. That is why I am standing here waiting for her.” He answers pointing at the female bathroom just few meters away from where he is standing right now. Call him over protective or possessive, he doesn’t care but he knows that he needs to be as close as possible to Jasmine. If it is possible for him to join her in the bathroom, he will be happy to tag along. But he is still rational to think what is right and wrong. “How long has she been in there?” Joel asks. Kyungsoo takes a look at his watch. “About ten minutes or so, what is going on? Tell me!” He starts to sense that something is wrong happening to his girl right now. “Eric! He planned to do something to Jasmine. He is hiding somewhere waiting for the perfect moment for Jasmine to be alone. And just as he thought, bathroom is the most accurate venue to wait. Let’s go! Jasmine is in danger.” Joel finally shares what Damon told him just a few minutes ago. Damon decided to reveal the dirty plan because he doesn’t want to be on the same boat with Eric anymore. Kyungsoo doesn’t wait. He moves ahead before Joel can even finish his words. Female bathroom is where he needs to be at this very second. Joel follows close behind. A sudden high note scream can be heard and it stops their feet from moving forward. They are frozen before exchanging a few glances thinking the worst as they start to run towards that voice. A few moments later, Jasmine can be seen walking out from the bathroom. She looks dumbfounded as if something bad has happened to her. She looks confused. Kyungsoo doesn’t waste any time as he rushes towards her. “Jasmine! Are you okay?” He asks her looking obviously worried. Jasmine who seems to be back in reality looks up and when her gaze meets with his, she starts to feel this whole wave of emotion coming into her and it is suffocating. “Oppa…..” She utters. “I am here. I am here. Oppa is here. You will be fine sweetheart.” He says pulling her into a tight hug. She hugs him even tighter as she tries to feel safe again. Joel approaches as he scans looking for any signs of injuries on her. He doesn’t see anything. But it is obvious that she is harmed ‘emotionally’ as she holds Kyungsoo tight. From far, Linda comes approaching. Joel looks at her suspiciously but seeing her condition, he is curious of what happened to her messy looking dress. “Jasmine, thank you for saving my life. I really owe you.” Linda says as she stands behind Jasmine. She then turns around looking at the mistakenly latest victim of Eric. “It is nothing. Girls should help each other out. You better go now and get treated. I wish you speedy recovery, Linda.” Jasmine says looking at Linda who almost got by the drunken Eric who mistook Linda as Jasmine. She was surprised to see Linda on the floor with her ripped dress with Eric on top of her. She immediately rushed looking for help and Mr Rafael happened to be there. Eric didn’t get to go further as a group of students came to stop him. Mr Rafael will personally lodge for a police report on his crime. “Thank you again, Jasmine.” Linda says as she pulls Jasmine into a hug before she is brought to the clinic to get treatment.

 

On their way back to Jasmine’s apartment after giving statement at the police station, Jasmine doesn’t say anything. She stays quiet as she feels very exhausted. With Joel’s advice, Kyungsoo is now sitting at the back with Jasmine as he drives the car. Moving from holding her hand, Kyungsoo now wraps his arm around her body to make her feels safe. She doesn’t say anything but she rests her head on his chest closing her eyes trying to feel calm again. “Oppa, thank you for being here with me.” She whispers. Kyungsoo is sad to hear that. He rubs her shoulder. “I promise that I’ll always be there by your side forever. You’re safe with me. I promise!” He says unknowingly giving her a kiss on her forehead. And magically it blows away the uneasiness in her. She feels better now. She looks up looking at Kyungsoo who has tears in his beautiful eyes. She touches his cheek gently. “I am fine, opps. Joel, thanks for everything, bro!” Jasmine doesn’t forget to say that to Joel who quietly looks after her. “It is nothing, Jasmine. I am glad that you are all good now.” He says taking a glance at her before focusing on the driving again a few seconds later. It only takes them less than an hour to reach her apartment and she doesn’t even realize how she fell asleep in Kyungsoo’s arms. “Jasmine, we are here.” Kyungsoo carefully wakes her up. Getting back her consciousness, she sees familiar surrounding and she knows that they have arrived. She remembers something. “Oppa, here is the key. You go ahead and go up first. I got something to discuss with Joel for a bit.” She passes the key to Kyungsoo who doesn’t seem to have a further question on that. “Okay, as if you knew that I needed to use the bathroom real quick. Joel, please make sure my Jasmine is safe and sound. I’ll see you around bro!” Kyungsoo says patting his back before leaving tha car. Jasmine just smiles looking at him until he vanishes behind the close door. “What do you have in mind, Jasmine?” Joel asks. Jasmine sighs. “I feel bad for Eric. I know that he did the worst but he is still very young to spend his life in prison.” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter